Hyakuri trip car help required

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
HeyfordDave111

Hyakuri trip car help required

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Hi,

i've got a week in Japan to spend at Hyakuri airbase this September.
I have a hotel booked for every night about 15 miles from the base, amd i have an arrival hotel booked at Narita.

I'm booked in for 5 days in the Peace tower too, and i know where i canget food.

So whats my problem?
Car hire...... whilst easy, i note none of them online offer the (excuse me if i get this wrong) 'ETS' toll card/box as an option or even say that a car comes with one.
As i havnt ordered a car yet, can anyone help me regarding car hire firm please?

And lastly, how easy is it to get photographs of the base museum aircraft, just inside the gate? Are security twitchy or will a cursory 'can i come and take pics' question get the desired result?

cheers
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

Mictheslik

Re: Hyakuri trip car help required

Post by Mictheslik »

Don’t worry about ETC.....you can pay cash at the tolls.....just take a fair bit as they can get expensive! I think to use ETC you need a japanese registered credit card anyway. Company wise, I’ve used Toyota and Nissan rentacarand both were very good. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of the big companies really.

The museum aircraft are behind a big wall IIRC....not much opportunity for photos outside the wire.

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

KevinJ

Re: Hyakuri trip car help required

Post by KevinJ »

I booked with Toyota rent a car in November and the desk agent at Narita asked me if I wanted a ETC card. Worked flawlessly and the charge was added to the card I booked with a couple of weeks after returning home. So you should be asked, or you can request it, with Toyota at least.