Key Publishing Forums?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Lightningkid70

Key Publishing Forums?

Post by Lightningkid70 »

Just went to have a look in the usual aviation forums as I often follow the Duxford thread there, and the whole site has gone?
Is it just me?

Any further info as to what's happened with their forums?

Martin

ErrolC

Re: Key Publishing Forums?

Post by ErrolC »

Very likely a temporary technical hitch, it's only been a few hours outage (mainly overnight on a weekend) so far.

Keefy041

Post by Keefy041 »

I see the site still appears to be down , happens a lot, but not normally this long

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

ARRSE was down for about 4 or 5 days recently.
Easy enough to happen.......servers dead or upgrade gone squirrely, backup servers/data ( if any ) dead/corrupted, or any number of other issues can all take a couple of days to resolve.
Their website are all working, it's just the forum that's down.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

With a bit of luck, they are completely starting afresh with a new forum, the Hitlers on that board are unbelivable
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

So all Moderators on Forums are Hitlers are they?

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

CJS

Post by CJS »

That's not even nearly what he said Brian.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Amp

Post by Amp »

Marathon, which of their aviation forums has the mods you refer to?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Love that Marathon didn't mention moderators, but two people have automatically assumed it is the moderators that are the issue. Speaks volumes, I think! :lmao: :lmao:

Just in case anyone thinks about changing their posts...

Marathon Milkshake wrote:With a bit of luck, they are completely starting afresh with a new forum, the Hitlers on that board are unbelivable

Pen Pusher wrote:So all Moderators on Forums are Hitlers are they?

Brian

Amp wrote:Marathon, which of their aviation forums has the mods you refer to?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

CJS wrote:That's not even nearly what he said Brian.

Hitler was a dictator. The only people who can 'Dictate' what happens on a forum are the Moderators. How else do you read it?.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Yes, but he wasn’t just a dictator. He was also a bit of an arse, which is probably what they are referring to. :lol:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Pen Pusher wrote:
CJS wrote:That's not even nearly what he said Brian.

Hitler was a dictator. The only people who can 'Dictate' what happens on a forum are the Moderators. How else do you read it?.

Brian

Not literally for a start!!

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

:snack:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

At least he didn't call them Nazis - Brian would be here asking how the Key forum moderators have been pushing for a single forum race of white, middle aged men who are a bit overweight and like to count rivets!

Lightningkid70

Post by Lightningkid70 »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:With a bit of luck, they are completely starting afresh with a new forum, the Hitlers on that board are unbelivable

Just wondering what in any way that line has anything to do with my original post?
Instead of starting a load of old rot please type something of value to other forum users please.
It's like getting involved in a conversation with completely nothing to say. If you have something of value say it, otherwise zip it.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Wow, earliest invocation of Godwin’s law I’ve seen for a time.

Enough of this Hitler/Nazi crap please, and no further airing of dirty laundry. If one has a problem with the Key forums, or their members/mods, grow up and raise it with them directly. Don’t come here to bitch about them.

Conversation is to be kept solely on any actual updates or info on the Key forums, and indeed any head’s up on when they’re back online.

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Amp wrote:Marathon, which of their aviation forums has the mods you refer to?

The Flypast forum doesn't have any moderators, so it can't be that! It is the only forum with the 'quote' function disabled simply because the mods are too lazy.

Brevet Cable wrote:ARRSE was down for about 4 or 5 days recently.

And they brought it back? Let it sink!

cg_341 wrote:Brian would be here asking how the Key forum moderators have been pushing for a single forum race of white, middle aged men who are a bit overweight and like to count rivets!

Surely easy work, as the Flypast forum is basically that already. The standard user over there is the dictionary definition of 'not seeing the forest for the trees'.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Nowt wrong with ARRSE although parts of it are an acquired taste & not or the easily offended -- some people who are on this forum post on there.
( Not me these days, although I used to do so on one of it's previous incarnations......I think between my proper account, sock accounts and 'sock-of sock' accounts I got banned for life either 6 or 7 times :biggrin: )
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

Brevet Cable wrote:Nowt wrong with ARRSE although parts of it are an acquired taste & not or the easily offended -- some people who are on this forum post on there.
( Not me these days, although I used to do so on one of it's previous incarnations......I think between my proper account, sock accounts and 'sock-of sock' accounts I got banned for life either 6 or 7 times :biggrin: )

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

Wow! I see freedom of speech is alive and well on this forum.

I was refering to the fact it took one comment to get permanently banned. Alas I see the "your opinion is wrong, mine is not" police are alive and well here too.

I have a right to say as I wish, a right that millions of people have died for, nobody has any right to say what I can and cannot say. So some may not agree with me, that is their right to do so, in no way at all will it bother me.

Those that mind dont matter, those that matter dont mind :lol:

So, has it gone forever then?

The Flypast forum doesn't have any moderators, so it can't be that! It is the only forum with the 'quote' function disabled simply because the mods are too lazy.

It actually has quite a few, all of them extremely up their own arses. Have a read of what youve put again, and then figure out what is wrong with that statement.......

Amp wrote:
Marathon, which of their aviation forums has the mods you refer to?

The only reply actualy worthy of my time replying to lol it was in general discussion. One post and a permanent ban ensued, no reasons given, just a permanent life time ban. Of course that didnt stop me viewing the forums, it was interesting to note that at one point a moderator boasted about banning 130+users in one day. It was also interesting to look at the amount of visitors against the amount of actual members using the forum. In the Duxford diary thread, one wednesday evening I noted 256 visitors to 6 members! very rarely in the last couple of years has the members numbers been in double figures viewing one post.

Just for clarity I was a member of the forum for well over a decade with around 5000 posts.
Last edited by Marathon Milkshake on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:I have a right to say as I wish, a right that millions of people have died for, nobody has any right to say what I can and cannot say.

Except when you don't & they do, which is pretty much everywhere, including internet forums which have rules & moderators to interpret & enforce those rules.

As for bans, one of my non-lifetime ones on ARRSE was "because I was bored so I decided to ban the next person to post on here" ( others have been banned because "I haven't banned anyone in a while", "I knew it would annoy you" & any number of other spurious reasons.......I don't think Flypast can compare to that :biggrin: )
아직도 숨어있다

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:It actually has quite a few, all of them extremely up their own arses. Have a read of what youve put again, and then figure out what is wrong with that statement.......

It has some members with 'Moderator' as their title, but they do the bare minimum of moderation, if any at all. The only one I can think of is 'Moggy', and I've never seen him do any actual moderation.

Brevet Cable wrote:Nowt wrong with ARRSE although parts of it are an acquired taste & not or the easily offended -- some people who are on this forum post on there.

That doesn't surprise me. I've met two types of ex-forces individuals over the years. Those who never talk about their time in the forces, because presumably they actually saw and did some stuff, and those who never shut up about it. The latter are the sort of bloviating Walter Mitty gammon types who frequent ARRSE and the 'Military' section on PPRUNE, and who think that the world cares about the dullard hijinks they got up to at Gütersloh ~40 years ago.

All of this chat about it being "an acquired taste & not or the easily offended" translates into it being a forum full of sad old men who don't like their sacred but deeply bigoted opinions challenged. Quite like most aviation forums! :yahoo:

8674planes

Post by 8674planes »

Forum is back online
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

There we go, if you want to moan about it you know have the most appropriate place
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale