Solway Aviation Museum 22nd September

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Kieron

Solway Aviation Museum 22nd September

Post by Kieron »

We are planning on having a photoshoot at the Museum on Saturday 22nd Sept with the Vulcan, and all barriers and covers will be removed from the aircraft. The plan is to light the aircraft up in the evening when the moon rises and hopefully add some nav lights. The event will start at 6 pm, but if you wish to arrive earlier, feel free to do so. Tea and biscuits will be provided as well. The plan is for the Vulcan, plus the Whirlwind and if time permits, as many of the other aircraft as possible. Cost is by a donation to the museum (£10 min) payable on the day. So, if you are in the area, drop in and see us. XJ823 has been freshened up and most of the airframe has been repainted recently and stencil detail added. Currently, our Phantom XV406 is being repainted in the classic green/grey camo of the late 1970's and will be receiving 111 Sqn markings, but this will unfortunately not be ready by the 22nd (hopefully for another shoot next April when the museum opens for the 2019 season). Another project which has been discussed is returning Meteor NF.14 WS832 into the colours that it flew in at RAE Llanbedr. It was the only Meteor to fly there with the RAE in the camo green grey scheme and was coded 'W' yellow on the tail. This too will be ready for next April with a bit of luck. Maybe see some of you on the 22nd if you are up this way.

HeyfordDave111

Re: Solway Aviation Museum 22nd September

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

love to go mate, but in japan. :facepalm:

Maybe with only a short notice period, it might affect numbers?
i know i'd like a couple of months notice myself to be able to attend, people and commitments and all that?

Hope it goes well though.
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Would have loved to have come up, but tickets booked for Duxford. Hopefully I'll be there in April.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

wallace

Post by wallace »

Had I known I would have attended, only found out this morning and I'm booked for something else.

PLEASE organise another one later in the year

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Once again too little notice for this event. Also why isn't this mentioned on your social media, not a hint of it on FB where surely it would be easier to promote it to a much larger and more local audience?

Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Hi Chris, apologies that it is short notice, and it is now up on FB as well. We will be having a day and night shoot next April, and Saturday the 20th is looking the favourite. Hopefully XV406 and WS832 will both be ready by then to make the shoot a lot more interesting.

Webby74

Post by Webby74 »

Would be interested in the April event as I could combine it with a Easter weekend in the Lake District.

Webby74

Post by Webby74 »

How did the photoshoot go?

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Was about 15 people turned up, was a decent cold night. Most people cleared off after the Vulcan was lit up so just myself and another chap took some shots of other exhibits. In the end condensation on the lenses brought an end to play. I'll add some pics to the warbird & classic jets section tonight.