RAF 100 manchester

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
HeyfordDave111

RAF 100 manchester

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

RAF 100 display celebrations this weekend in central Manchester.

admission free, behind the town hall.

i wouldnt go as i thought everything would be plastic, and indeed it is, except apparently a spitfire mk1, a harrier GR3, and a foward section of Lancaster.
the typhoon etc are listed as replicas, bit i shall go for the harrier and if the spit and lanc are genuine its a bonus.

word of warning.... they are saying no bags apparently.

hope this helps someone.
cheers
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

jasonT1981

Re: RAF 100 manchester

Post by jasonT1981 »

I was at the RAF 100 in Newcastle NI last month and it was fantastic, well worth a visit. Seeing the Harrier alone made it worth while for me.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

The Spitfire isn't genuine. The Harrier is the only complete real aircraft, along with the front bit of a Lancaster. Everything else is a replica of varying degrees of accuracy.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Is the Spitfire more or less genuine than the other "Mk 1 Spitfires" that currently fly? ;-)
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

It's got too many exhausts and it's made of fibreglass. So...more genuine? :grin:

JetMan

Post by JetMan »

cg_341 wrote:The Spitfire isn't genuine. The Harrier is the only complete real aircraft, along with the front bit of a Lancaster. Everything else is a replica of varying degrees of accuracy.

Not quite, even the Lancaster front end is a replica... the real S - Sugar is at the RAF Museum, Hendon.

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

I went yesterday as I had nothing else on..........

No problem getting in with a bag - just the briefest of checks. It was certainly something a little 'different' and very well attended by the masses. Thought I'd make the effort as I can't guarantee to be around for the 200th.

The weather was certainly authentic for Manchester but will try and post photos at some stage. Unfortunately I'm miles behind with this year's shows already. :sad: