Special Scheme Tonka

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby cg_341 on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 1:08 pm

ZG752 according to @RAFView on Twitter.
cg_341

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 1:46 pm

Shame they couldn't have done this 12 months ago for the airshow season.
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby vulcanshammer on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 2:36 pm

Jakub.Zurek wrote:Shame they couldn't have done this 12 months ago for the airshow season.


My thoughts exactly. Get some value for their efforts!
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better
User avatar
vulcanshammer

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby Airshowhammer on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 3:09 pm

Great, couldn’t of done this for the RAF’s 100 or any of the display teams oh no. Now unless everyones able to go to Marham no one will see it at all apart from pictures. Top marks for effort though.
Airshowhammer

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby verreli on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 8:30 pm

Jakub.Zurek wrote:Shame they couldn't have done this 12 months ago for the airshow season.


...or even for something significant like the 100th anniversary of the RAF instead of a few poorly designed stickers.
verreli

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby vulcan558 on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 12:02 am

Typical RAF, throw money at something that's going.
Same when they pile money on runways and infrastructure then shut the base down.
Same here paint all these jets up for a few months,

Then you have all the idiots last year defending the RAF for being cash strapped that they could not paint up 1 jet or even 2 for there 100th. A year long event or at least 6 months of summer big public airshows and events.

When here we are with at least 8 jets fully painted ready for the scrap man all for a month or 2 where nobody will even get to see them.
vulcan558

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby Craig on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 6:54 am

Yep it's official. It doesn't matter what the RAF do people aren't happy.
User avatar
Craig
UKAR Staff

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby 138EAW on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 8:03 am

vulcan558 wrote:Typical RAF, throw money at something that's going.
Same when they pile money on runways and infrastructure then shut the base down.
Same here paint all these jets up for a few months,

Then you have all the idiots last year defending the RAF for being cash strapped that they could not paint up 1 jet or even 2 for there 100th. A year long event or at least 6 months of summer big public airshows and events.

When here we are with at least 8 jets fully painted ready for the scrap man all for a month or 2 where nobody will even get to see them.


You do realise it's not just the RAF who solely fund schemes? Squadrons/ association etc have a hand in funding. It's 9 years ago but from memory it was well publicised at the time various associations/ charities help fund the Harrier retirement schemes
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =17
GR4 =14, GR4(T) =3
User avatar
138EAW

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby verreli on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 8:13 am

The RAF100 budget was GBP7.75m so that wasn't a factor in them not wanting to paint commemorative jets.

I think the disappointment is that when they make the effort, it's at a time that few but the most dedicated will get to appreciate those efforts. Certainly not the general public whose exposure to the RAF is to go to the odd airshow each summer. You just have to look at the Canadians and other air arms to see how it should be done.
verreli

Re: Special Scheme Tonka

Postby XP282 on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:29 pm

Craig wrote:Yep it's official. It doesn't matter what the RAF do people aren't happy.

:clap: Very well said.... some people are never happy. :clap:
XP282

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests