Dakota query

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Andover

Dakota query

Post by Andover »

Years ago, my Nan & Grandad somehow got to go on a pleasure flight in a DC-3 from East Midlands airport, in around 1979/1980. They had a postcard of the Dak in a frame hanging on the wall for years, but I never took much notice of it, except that I remember it had, what looked like, dayglo orange in the colour scheme!

I don't think it would have been an Air Atlantique one in those days, so any idea which one it might have been and who operated it?

Thanks.

Wornout Mick

Re: Dakota query

Post by Wornout Mick »

Might have been Intra Airways one. I did a pleasure flight from Gatwick in one around then.

docmattc

Post by docmattc »

I also had a DC-3 flight about that time from East Mid, but I was in single figures then and remember almost nothing about it.
Could it have been this one?
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Eastern ... DC-3/61712

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater »

I helped organise a Dakota flight for museum members around that same time from East Midlands and we also used Eastern Airways; the company at EMA that made the booking was GT Air Services!

The museum flight was around Remembrance Sunday and we overflew RAF Coningsby en route to the Humber bridge - we saw the BBMF Lancaster coming in to land below us.
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

Andover

Post by Andover »

Yes, I was looking at the Eastern Airways pics, and I assume it must have be that one.

thanks guys.