XM603 at Woodford, Sea Harrier in Dukinfield

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
fg1

XM603 at Woodford, Sea Harrier in Dukinfield

Post by fg1 »

Can anyone tell me if Vulcan XM603 is still in one piece at Woodford? I know that the scrapman will be descending on it soon. Also, if she's still there where is the best vantage point to get some shots of her?
I also heard a rumour that the Sea Harrier is no longer at the Snipe pub in Dukinfield - is this true? And if so does anyone know where she has gone?

andyxh558

Re: XM603 at Woodford, Sea Harrier in Dukinfield

Post by andyxh558 »

The answers to you questions are, yes 603 is still there but I haven't a clue how long for, if you go past the Davenport arms? and virtually opposite there is a little road next to the church and oliver's restaurant and go down there for about a mile and you will come to the crash gates of the airfield and a little further on there is a little car park and from the fence you can get a good pic providing you have about 300-400 mm on the lens. The Shar has indeed gone from Dukinfield but haven't a clue where.

hope this helps :smile:

tommc

Post by tommc »

From http://www.demobbed.org.uk :-

ZE693 Sea Harrier F/A2 718 Private Sproughton, Suffolk Jul 2008
Regards
TomMc

fg1

Post by fg1 »

Thanks for the help. I'll pay a visit to Woodford soon. Shame about the SHAR, I needed to get a shot of her. Does anyone know the reasons for the move as she wasn't at the pub that long?

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog »

fg1 wrote: Shame about the SHAR, I needed to get a shot of her. Does anyone know the reasons for the move as she wasn't at the pub that long?

I hear it was barred for 'Looking at someones pint!!' :whistle:
If you like helicopters then have a look at my Flickr here; www.flickr.com/photos/111508006@N07/