Manston Airshow 2014

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
RedDragon

Manston Airshow 2014

Post by RedDragon »

New FB page set up at Manston Airshow 2014 and a Twitter Account at @manstonairshow. Possibility of it being held over 2 days next year - waiting for planning permission to be confirmed. Traffic Management plan will be totally rewritten and the PA system will be much more robust. Starting applying for quotes from aircraft and will try and get more jets this year.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Re: Manston Airshow 2014

Post by tankbuster81 »

:up: :up: :up: From me!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

maffie

Post by maffie »

:up: :up: :up: from me as well. You coped well this year with the weather and cancellations, next year can only get better.

Could I ask that the gates are open up earlier !!!! PLEASE...

And any scheduled flights that want to land/depart during the airshow too.......

See you next year

Matt

grant_w

Post by grant_w »

Excellent news, no complaints from me about this years show, apart from the crosswind :grin:

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

From Save Southend Airshow Facebook page: "Sorry to hear the sad news today that Manston Airshow scheduled for June 2014 has been cancelled."

https://www.facebook.com/SaveAirshowSouthend

BDL

Post by BDL »

https://www.facebook.com/manstonairshow?fref=ts

Looks like the new owners pulled the plug, real shame as I know Red Dragon was working hard.

Shame it couldn't be moved to Lydd?

RedDragon

Post by RedDragon »

It's true that the new owners have decided not to have an airshow at Manston in 2014 but they might look at 2015. Totally gutted :sad: but I'll let you all know if 2015 proves to be viable.
I have looked at all the other airports in the area and nothing can do what Manston can do!!

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

RedDragon wrote:It's true that the new owners have decided not to have an airshow at Manston in 2014 but they might look at 2015. Totally gutted :sad: but I'll let you all know if 2015 proves to be viable.
I have looked at all the other airports in the area and nothing can do what Manston can do!!

Such a shame,Very clear to everyone how much effort was put into last year and as with all airshows it takes a few years to get everything nailed.
Shame Biggin Hill don't fancy bringing back the air show also,What is it with Kent airshows?
Mark.

Flyforfun

Post by Flyforfun »

And they bought the Airfield for the huge sum of a pound !!!!!