Little Gransden Air & Car Show 2014

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
MRTT

Re: Little Gransden Air & Car Show 2014

Post by MRTT »

Hangar 11 Spitfire and the Yak-3 have cancelled.

Hangar 11 Hurribomber Added to flying display.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Hasboman

Post by Hasboman »

Sad to loose the Yak 3 (and Sea Fury) - hopefully Dave and the crew will get a nice replacement in!

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

Storch also added.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Hasboman wrote:Sad to loose the Yak 3 (and Sea Fury) - hopefully Dave and the crew will get a nice replacement in!

G-HUEY would be amazing at Gransden...
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

J.Smith photography

Post by J.Smith photography »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Hasboman wrote:Sad to loose the Yak 3 (and Sea Fury) - hopefully Dave and the crew will get a nice replacement in!

Most aircraft would be amazing at Little Gransden :wink: :grin:

st24

Post by st24 »

J.Smith photography wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:

So you know where to stand at Little Gransden then eh?! :tongue:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

J.Smith photography

st24 wrote:
J.Smith photography wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:

So you know where to stand at Little Gransden then eh?! :tongue:

yep :tongue:

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

Online tickets now sold out, some shops still have tickets available. Taken from the LG Twitter account: https://mobile.twitter.com/LittleGransden

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Spitfire added to the line-up too I see. Nothing on the website yet - perhaps the Grace Spitfire in place of the cancelled Yak?

J.Smith photography

What is the earliest possible time that I can arrive at the event? I know it says that the car park opens at 8:30 on the website, but is there any chance of it opening any earlier due to it being a sell out? Also if I arrived at 8:30 on the dot do you think I will be stuck in a queue just outside the car park?

iaint
UKAR Staff

Post by iaint »

J.Smith photography wrote:What is the earliest possible time that I can arrive at the event? I know it says that the car park opens at 8:30 on the website, but is there any chance of it opening any earlier due to it being a sell out? Also if I arrived at 8:30 on the dot do you think I will be stuck in a queue just outside the car park?

To be honest I don't think it matters if you get 'stuck in a queue outside the car park at 0830'... Yes the car park is open, but the gates don't open until 1000... So I read that as another 1.5 hrs of sitting around after arriving at the car park... But having never been myself I don't know how it normally operates
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast

J.Smith photography

Last year they didn't let anyone inside until 10, but I'm just thinking due to the amount of people turning up they might let people in earlier? Also the spot that I want to get to normally fills up quickly, so I want to be one of the first in queue (even if it means standing their for over an hour) to make sure I get to the place that I want to get to

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

Public gates open at 10 for a reason - we have vehicles moving throughout the showground until then. For safety's sake we like to keep vehicles and pedestrians as separate as possible.

There are a few tickets still available from local outlets - Hamiltons at Cross Keys, St Neots; George Alan at Chequers Court, Huntingdon; Robinsons Budgens at Kimbolton; Premier Travel in Royston (SG8 9AA), Huntingdon, St. Ives and Royston, the Post Office in Great Gransden and the Woodview Farm Shop, Potton Rd, Gamlingay.

st24

Post by st24 »

Any freeloading spots at Gransden?? :dunno:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

There are a few tickets still available from local outlets - Hamiltons at Cross Keys, St Neots; George Alan at Chequers Court, Huntingdon; Robinsons Budgens at Kimbolton; Premier Travel in Royston (SG8 9AA), Huntingdon, St. Ives and Royston, the Post Office in Great Gransden and the Woodview Farm Shop, Potton Rd, Gamlingay.

Private Custard

Post by Private Custard »

J.Smith photography wrote:Also the spot that I want to get to normally fills up quickly, so I want to be one of the first in queue (even if it means standing their for over an hour) to make sure I get to the place that I want to get to

Probably a silly question, but any chance of a hint on where to stand? It's a new venue for me!

Jaguargr3

Post by Jaguargr3 »

Well there are two good areas to stand. You can either stand in front of the bulk of the classic cars (i.e. next to the runway), which is good for landing shots (if the wind is in the right direction) but distances you from the main display line. Or you can stand next to the taxiway, which is closer to the display line and better for getting photos of the actual displays.

I prefer the latter, as you feel a lot closer to the displays. However, I imagine with the sell-out this year, anywhere will probably be quite crowded.

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

Private Custard wrote:Probably a silly question, but any chance of a hint on where to stand? It's a new venue for me!

I believe the "serious" photographers will attempt to place their beach towels at the north end, along the short bit of fence where it's possible to see along the runway for take-offs/landings. (Anywhere else, the view of the runway is obscured by hedges, trees etc. Take a look at the satellite view in Google maps). Given 2 Lancs, Vulcan, and a sell-out crowd... I suspect risk of lens/head collisions will be high, in the northern area.

Personally, I'm of the view that just about anywhere is OK at Little Gransden - it's not a huge place, and thanks to hedges everywhere (other than at the northern edge) - being at the front along the fence is not such a major benefit.
Goodbye 600D... Hello FZ150!

Post by 5944 »

Show is now completely sold out. Plenty of moaning on Facebook that people haven't bought their tickets yet, and had planned to get them on the gate on the day. It's not as if their website, Facebook page and Twitter feed have been saying buy your tickets in advance for a couple of months.... :wall:

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Spitfire added to the line-up too I see. Nothing on the website yet - perhaps the Grace Spitfire in place of the cancelled Yak?

Just announced on Twitter:

Achtung! Spitfire! RW382 from Biggin Hill added to the flying display!

If Dan Griffith is at the stick, you are in for a real treat!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

tommo999 wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:Spitfire added to the line-up too I see. Nothing on the website yet - perhaps the Grace Spitfire in place of the cancelled Yak?

Just announced on Twitter:

Achtung! Spitfire! RW382 from Biggin Hill added to the flying display!

If Dan Griffith is at the stick, you are in for a real treat!

Superb! Is it landing on do we know? Not yet seen this one.

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

Tickets are now completely sold out.

jill56

Post by jill56 »

Please help.... Do not have tickets for show anyplace good to park up and see planes,,, Thanks jill

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I have an e-ticket which I will not be using - going away for a weekend break instead. I am happy to send this on to the first person who pm's me. Payment is easy - you put £20 into a charity bucket - my preferences are air ambulance/RAFA etc but that's up to you.

I'll be checking messages about 6 this evening.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

One of the best airshows I have been to in the uk.
Sun behind you,aircraft top sides and great atmosphere.
Wow. :clap:

In the one minute silence all you Could hear we're the approaching Merlin's of the Lancs.

Just wow.
Mark.