Waddington Airshow Live Stream

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Waddington Airshow Live Stream

Post by Tommy »

Hi guys, Craig has already posted this link in the participation page, but I thought I'd make a new topic to make it easier to find for those of you like me who are stuck at home this weekend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moF5sEM4ozs[/youtube]

rdchawk

Re: Waddington Airshow Live Stream

Post by rdchawk »

Looks like very low clouds around the base at the moment and god awful bacon on comms but luckily also Ben dunnell
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

The weather today is horrendous, the Bronco just disappeared into the cloud twice, I would suspect that the RAF Falcons parachute jump will be cancelled and the Reds will be reduced to a flat display.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Nice misleading planes tv coverage by showing in cockpit view from previous days flying. Funny how it can go from low cloud to blue sky in an instant.
Whisky Connoisseur

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Seems the RAF Falcons are going to give it a go.

EDIT: Well done to them for displaying in the tough conditions.
Last edited by MRTT on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

rdchawk wrote:Looks like very low clouds around the base at the moment and god awful bacon on comms but luckily also Ben dunnell

To be fair to George, I thought him and Ben worked very well as a pair yesterday. Two very different commentators but wouldn't have singled George out as being a lot worse.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Bacon must be cheap!! And i don't mean the edible type. Awful awful cringeworthy commentary,and at every show i seem to attend.We always position ourselves nowhere near the PA system,even the wife despises his general delivery which is more akin to a holiday camp.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Dare I say it, but Bacon is pretty good today. Nice and informative, compliments Ben well and no (as yet) immaturity, innuendo or "wave your hats, ice creams, chairs, whatever you have" type commentary.

rdchawk wrote:Nice misleading planes tv coverage by showing in cockpit view from previous days flying. Funny how it can go from low cloud to blue sky in an instant.

That's a bit cynical. Has it occured to you that they might have temporarily lost the display in clouds, and want to keep the audience engaged with some excellent footage of the same display? It's obvious that it's not the same display, but to accuse PlanesTV as "misleading" is a little ott I think. I don't think anyone can have any doubt that the additional footage works well?

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Im enjoying the footage and applaud Planes TV for these live streams for those of us that cannot be there. :clap:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Macc

Post by Macc »

Tommy wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Nice misleading planes tv coverage by showing in cockpit view from previous days flying. Funny how it can go from low cloud to blue sky in an instant.

That's a bit cynical. Has it occured to you that they might have temporarily lost the display in clouds, and want to keep the audience engaged with some excellent footage of the same display? It's obvious that it's not the same display, but to accuse PlanesTV as "misleading" is a little ott I think. I don't think anyone can have any doubt that the additional footage works well?

Agreed. Zeltweg used to do the same during the live streaming of Airpower shows. I'm sure there's a decent reason for it too.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

So does this mean that PlanesTV are doing the Waddo DVD, replacing The Media Group? Or are the latter doing the DVD and PlanesTV the live stream?

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

DVD is still TheMediaGroup I believe. PlanesTV only live-streaming.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Looks like Waddington is now very marquee and tent happy!! Even planes tv can't get much footage of landings and take offs because of it.

Or am I now being too cynical of the Airshow ??
Whisky Connoisseur

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

rdchawk wrote:Looks like Waddington is now very marquee and tent happy!! Even planes tv can't get much footage of landings and take offs because of it.

:dunno: maybe because PlanesTV (if true) aren't doing the official DVD they weren't given a decent spot. At other streams they've done they appear a lot closer to the fence. That said, and I appreciate that I can't fully comment because all I see is from the cameras as opposed to being there, but it does seem to be marquee heavy - iirc this criticism has been brought up at previous shows.

tink_norfolk

Post by tink_norfolk »

I would guess the fact PlanesTV were setup at the base of the old tower on the top of their transit style van around 50yards behind the 2 grandstands would be a main factor. But would this be due to the need of power supply. Big we'll done to the team though for all the hard work they put in. Looks one smart setup.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

rdchawk wrote:Looks like Waddington is now very marquee and tent happy!! Even planes tv can't get much footage of landings and take offs because of it.

No that was spot on. I couldn't believe how much central crowd line was taken up with pay extra grandstands and pavilions for the privileged. :sad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

i dont think it was any different to normal, there is always a fair few marquees at waddington
Adam