International Moth Rally, Woburn Abbey, 15/16 August 2015

Re: International Moth Rally, Woburn Abbey, 15/16 August 201

Postby tommo999 on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 8:39 am

Orion wrote:Nice afternoon yesterday at Woburn, the only 'downer' being the P/A which was very loud, much too loud. This had the effect that each speaker was 'beating' with its neighbour and the echo from the surrounding hills was very pronounced. My video has suffered badly as a result, £15 pretty well thrown away. But I suppose I did see G-AHAG for the first time in what must be 55 years.

Regards

Where did you stand? Could barely hear the commentary from the southern end by the approach, especially in the gusting wind!

Good day out yesterday, the arrivals in the morning have the light behind you and approach over the lake so you get a decent backdrop. Great to see both Dragons again :love:
tommo999

Re: International Moth Rally, Woburn Abbey, 15/16 August 201

Postby Orion on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 12:49 pm

tommo999 wrote:
Orion wrote:Nice afternoon yesterday at Woburn, the only 'downer' being the P/A which was very loud, much too loud. This had the effect that each speaker was 'beating' with its neighbour and the echo from the surrounding hills was very pronounced. My video has suffered badly as a result, £15 pretty well thrown away. But I suppose I did see G-AHAG for the first time in what must be 55 years.

Regards

Where did you stand? Could barely hear the commentary from the southern end by the approach, especially in the gusting wind!

Good day out yesterday, the arrivals in the morning have the light behind you and approach over the lake so you get a decent backdrop. Great to see both Dragons again :love:

I was adjacent to the line-up of Chipmunks that included G-AOIR. You must have been further south than that. The landing aircraft were touching down, generally, around the two lines of Chipmunks, hence my presence.

Regards
David Mylchreest
Orion

Previous

Return to Other UK Airshows and Events