15:15 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
15:50 - Old Bückers
16:15 - Strikemaster
16:30 - Typhoon

:smile:

andyrouse

Re: Bob Jones Memorial Airshow (Welshpool) 2015

Post by andyrouse »

Hi Paul, as a newbie to this airshow I am trying to find a higher vantage point to get the Vulcan land locked. The obvious one is above the canal but that looks full of trees, can you help me find a decent location please? Any help appreciated.

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

andyrouse wrote:Hi Paul, as a newbie to this airshow I am trying to find a higher vantage point to get the Vulcan land locked. The obvious one is above the canal but that looks full of trees, can you help me find a decent location please? Any help appreciated.

Hi Andy,

I've always gone into the show so unfortunately I know as much as you......sorry mate.
I've heard about going above the canal, but not too sure how you get there etc.
The weather at the weekend will also dictate if I go or not.

andyrouse

Post by andyrouse »

Thanks Paul same here really. I'm going to Beachy Head to see the Vulcan anyway so hope weather good for that.

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

andyrouse wrote:Thanks Paul same here really. I'm going to Beachy Head to see the Vulcan anyway so hope weather good for that.

........we'll be there !

andyrouse

Post by andyrouse »

Great well say hi, I will be obvious as will have 30 of my FotoBuzz community with me.

hairrig

Post by hairrig »

Not sure if it when it was updated (after Throckmorton?) but website warning that tickets may sell out on the day.

Also note park and ride in operation - extra cost to park on site. Wednesday last day for postal tickets.

http://www.welshpoolairshow.co.uk/

Andy

Post by 5944 »

I had a look on Google maps earlier, the best place to get some height seems to be a road called Top of Belan. From looking at photos soon the last couple of years, that appears to be where other people went. The only problem is it's quite far away - around a mile from the airfield! Might be ok for the Vulcan depending on its routine, but I feel everything else will be lost.

I thought about going up there myself, but looking at Paul's photos from previous years, I think I'll stick with going inside.

Post by 5944 »

I called Welshpool TIC about 4.30 yesterday afternoon to book tickets. They arrived this morning - and they were only posted out second class! :clap:

Forecast isn't great, but looks like it'll be a good little show.

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

Nice relaxed little air show with some good aerobatics and some heavyweight star performers mixed in. A decent show of stalls and classic vehicles, well priced catering, ample toilets, extremely reasonable ticket pricing and great 'free park and ride' traffic management.

A different and less 'relentless' commentary might benefit but otherwise an example of how it can be done really...

:clap: