Goodbye from the Team

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
jon93

Re: Goodbye from the Team

Post by jon93 »

Thanks for all the hard work over the years, my first Waddo was 2007 in that foul weather but I was hooked from then onwards, really liked the atmosphere of the show compared to other venues. One of my favorite things about Waddo for me personally was clearing the housing estates on the A607 and seeing all those tails lined up, it got you hyped for the entire day regardless of the weather. I'm really going to miss Waddington, it was sort of a yearly pilgrimage for me. All the best for the future Silentflight and team.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Thanks to all at Waddington for a great day in the show calendar. I only ever attended one show but I chose well as it was the last! Good luck in the future guys...

Danny

Post by Danny »

Thanks for the memories all! :worship:
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

Just to echo the sentiments of all, thanks for the great shows over the years - I'll even miss the early morning trips from Leeds every year.
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

rob68

Post by rob68 »

Thank you all and wish you all the success and happiness for the future, funilly enough the one that sticks out is the show that never was, ended up in Skegness IIRC

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Thanks for all your hardwork mate, without a shadow of a doubt the highlight of my 19 years of airshowing came at Waddington in 2001 when you guys managed to get those Israeli Eagles over, it will be truly missed :up: :up:

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I only managed one trip up (quite a trek for me coming from the south coast) and that was for the 1996 show when I froze as it was so overcast and cold. I understood from other visitors on the day that the previous year they had sizzled in the summer sunshine. Bad timing on my part! :roll:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

YosemiteSam

Post by YosemiteSam »

I've only just heard its all over at Waddy - sad but I can understand the reasons and hope shows can continue one day somewhere else in Lincs.
Just joined this forum to say thanks to Waddington team - many great memories for me and my family. Vulcan, Typhoons and the Jumbo Jet a few years ago :) awsome :) :) I even got a tan 2013 - just brilliant so thanks