East Fortune 2016

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Alanko

Re: East Fortune 2016

Post by Alanko »

How about an A400M? I saw one depart from EDI at around 12:00 today. Lovely noise, even down at Leith. :clap:

Even the Orion would be cool to see again.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Alanko wrote:How about an A400M? I saw one depart from EDI at around 12:00 today. Lovely noise, even down at Leith. :clap:

Even the Orion would be cool to see again.

:clap: :clap: Good call! :up: I'd opt for the A400M, (nothing against seeing the Orion again) but I'd like to cop an A400M.
B*****KS! Howcome I'm always at work when something tasty sneaks into EDI :mad: !! I was at EDI on Saturday waiting for a Spitfire (which I believe was cancelled due to adverse weather conditions) And it was just plenty of the usual suspects!
Card carrying aviation addict!

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

stratocaster wrote:Just a thought, but would Bond or ChC be arsed to give us an S92 for any displays seeing as we don't have HMS Gannet RNAS Prestwick etc? Still time to chuck in a couple of last minute surprises! :biggrin:

Was down at Dunbar a few weeks ago to photograph them training with the local RNLI boats. It was called away en-route, to a mission to the lakes. The Coastguard at Preswick seems to be covering a large area that the Navy and the RAF at Boulmer, used to cover between them, so more opportunity for being called out for a rescue mission.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

I wasn't aware they were covering a larger area now. Thanks for the info toom! I think I should have been thinking a little more out the box and included their S92's for transport duties to rigs etc. However, I think we can score it off the list for the reasons you gave.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

I know and share your pain Stratocaster, everytime EDI has an exotic/ rare visitor and guess what, I'm at work and when I do look, have the scanner on it's always a quiet day movements wise. Hope to be about when East Fortune is on unless I actually get to the show so I can see this Swiss Display Team.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Unknown74 wrote:I know and share your pain Stratocaster, everytime EDI has an exotic/ rare visitor and guess what, I'm at work and when I do look, have the scanner on it's always a quiet day movements wise. Hope to be about when East Fortune is on unless I actually get to the show so I can see this Swiss Display Team.

Oh, absolutely!! The "damn,I missed it!" protocol kicks in! (and in extreme cases an empty cardboard box will be booted!) When I was down at EDI the other week,one of the old boys was telling me of a fortnight previous,that a Tonka had done a scream by and shot off vertically as it got to the end of runway 06! Oh to have been there!

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

You'll be somewhat miffed to learn then that a C-17 has apparently just gone in to EDI... :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Noooooohhhh! :wall: :biggrin:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Full line up published today:

http://blog.nms.ac.uk/2016/05/31/internationalarrivals/

The Red Arrows (Hawk x 9)
Swiss Air Force PC-7 Team (PC-7 x 9)
RAF Typhoon
BBMF Lancaster
BBMF Spitfire
BBMF Hurricane
RN Black Cats (Wildcat x 2)
RNHF Swordfish
Norwegian Historic Squadron Vampire Pair (Vampire x 2)
Norwegian Historic Squadron MiG 15 UTI
Red Bull Matadors (XtremeAir XA41 x 2)
P-51 Mustang
Catalina
Starduster Too
Jungman
Pitts Special
Pembroke
UH-1H Huey
BAC Strikemaster (Royal Air Force of Oman colours)

EGL

Post by EGL »

Norwegian Historic Squadron are the definite highlight on that list!

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

I'm quite looking forward to the Pembroke, of all things, presumably WV740. Of course the idealog in me wishes it was a Twin Pin. The Norwegian Historics will be a treat, especially the twin ship Vampire formation.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

It will be WV740, I think it's the only flying example in the UK? Last time I saw it was 2010 at the Perth airshow. Good addition! :clap:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

The Omani Strikemaster will be interesting to see. I've only ever seen JPs in red and white.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Alanko wrote:The Omani Strikemaster will be interesting to see. I've only ever seen JPs in red and white.

It's beautiful :-D
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Looks a damn fine participant line up to me! :up: :clap:

EGL

Post by EGL »

Given Hangar 11 have been regular participants I;m really hoping the P-51 is theirs now that the new scheme is finally out there. Always said it would be a Red Tail but looks stunning :biggrin:

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Been missing the whine from the gun portals from the Mustang! Mind you, the "Stang" has not been at East fortune for a bit,good to have it back!

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Not long now! :biggrin:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Its looking like EF will be either one of the first appearances from the Lanc this year or, more likely, a no show for the Lanc. :mad:

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

I had been wondering if it would make an appearance at EF this year. I hope it does,but my gut instinct says other. :sad:

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Looks like Sunderland again for me this Year possibly?!?!?

portagee01

Post by portagee01 »

I've been hanging off buying the early bird tickets, due to uncertainty whether a friend of mine would make. Sadly he isn't, so going on my own.

Went on line last night, one adult ticket a saving of £3 on the day, plus £2 creditcard surcharge, and £1.25 postage.

So no saving there for the single person ... thanks for that NMS

OK so there are postage free options where you can collect if your some where near an NMS site (why bother just collecting just buy it from that location), which I'm not, or e-tickets which I've had hassles with at the airshow in the past. (The person in the little garden shed demanding to see the credit card that it was bought with as well, which of course is in your wallet, in the zipped front pocket of your all weather trousers as you sit behind the drivers wheel of your car, with a queue half way to Haddington behind you to get in - all because my printer was running out of ink and the e-ticket was slightly faded).

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

Anyone any idea what will be based out of Edinburgh for this? Sunderland have a few of the acts as well and wondering if they will be using Edinburgh or Newcastle as a base. My shift pattern has me off that weekend and I was thinking of going to Edinburgh on the Friday for arrivals.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

r6pilot

Post by r6pilot »

Hi toom 317 Swiss are going to be at Edinburgh departing monday

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

portagee01 wrote:I've been hanging off buying the early bird tickets, due to uncertainty whether a friend of mine would make. Sadly he isn't, so going on my own.

Went on line last night, one adult ticket a saving of £3 on the day, plus £2 creditcard surcharge, and £1.25 postage.

So no saving there for the single person ... thanks for that NMS

OK so there are postage free options where you can collect if your some where near an NMS site (why bother just collecting just buy it from that location), which I'm not, or e-tickets which I've had hassles with at the airshow in the past. (The person in the little garden shed demanding to see the credit card that it was bought with as well, which of course is in your wallet, in the zipped front pocket of your all weather trousers as you sit behind the drivers wheel of your car, with a queue half way to Haddington behind you to get in - all because my printer was running out of ink and the e-ticket was slightly faded).

There's always Traprain law or a naughty field! :wink: