Wellesbourne Wings & Wheels 2016

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
CameronSys

Re: Wellesbourne Wings & Wheels 2016

Post by CameronSys »

Comet102 wrote:
CameronSys wrote:Hi. If anybody has any photos of the Vampire from today, I would really like to see them as I was in the right seat.

Sorry that we parked on the other side of the airfield, but it wasn't up to us. Believe me, we wanted to park by the crowds!

Thanks

Who was it up to?

Tower told us to park there.

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

boff180 wrote:Reports on Twitter:

The event has been completely neutered, the CAA have imposed a 75m crowd line for the fast taxi!!!

Would be interested to see an official statement from the organisers on that rather than something on Twitter..doesn't seem to be anything about in on XM655's official Facebook page

Comet102

Post by Comet102 »

Important Safety Announcement

Regular visitors to Wings & Wheels will notice that this year we have extended the safety zone for our spectators by imposing a 75 metre crowd line separation from the runway centre line. This is mandated by CAA regulations for air shows. We would instruct all spectators that they must under no circumstances cross this line - our marshals will be policing the crowd line. Any infringements will result in the Vulcan aircrew being instructed to abandon the high speed taxy demonstration

From the programme I received when I entered the event yesterday.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

So there's the confirmation. Next question is why, because apparently Bruntingthorpe didn't have such restrictions.

Is it because it was a fly-in too, so the runway was active? A reaction to that Tiger Moth accident recently?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Was wondering whether Wellesbourne's CAA-licensed status (last time I checked) is a possible reason for the distinction, whereas Bruntingthorpe is an unlicensed airfield.

sdad

Post by sdad »

Cameron, who was the Vampire pilot, please?