Prestwick/Ayr airshow.

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
davidoFI

Re: Prestwick/Ayr airshow.

Post by davidoFI »

Yes, friday display same location. There is an hour of flying between 5 and 6pm then the pyro displays at 8pm so plenty of time between to get food and take a look around the low green displays.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

davidoFI wrote:Yes, friday display same location. There is an hour of flying between 5 and 6pm then the pyro displays at 8pm so plenty of time between to get food and take a look around the low green displays.

Cheers! Many thanks! :up: :smile:
Card carrying aviation addict!

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Mark Jefferies Extra 330SC confirmed for Friday night pyro show and display on Saturday.

Commando

Post by Commando »

Friday night between 5 and 6 Blades,B25 and P51,Pitts and the OV10

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Are The Blades flying on the Saturday?

davidoFI

Post by davidoFI »

Don't think they are, they have other display commitments down south on the Saturday.

Hotblack Desiato

Post by Hotblack Desiato »

http://tsia.scot/product/souvenir-programme/

Anyone bought the programme yet? Just wondering what the schedule is for Saturday (would also be handy if you can supply extensive details of how bad the weather will be. Bloody cold wind last year).

Commando

Post by Commando »

Hotblack Desiato wrote:http://tsia.scot/product/souvenir-programme/

Anyone bought the programme yet? Just wondering what the schedule is for Saturday (would also be handy if you can supply extensive details of how bad the weather will be. Bloody cold wind last year).

I'm hoping to get my programme at the end of the week all I know about Saturday is Typhoon first up and the Reds last at 1645

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Cold wind last year?!! :shock: I got bloody sunburned! :roll: However, yes, It would be good to have a weather update,so that's why I am looking long range at the Met office site and other such weather info sites.

So it's the Phoon to kick off with :rock: :rock: and before the ref's whistle, it's the Reds. (Mrs P will have a long wait for her favourites! :shock: )

Funny enough, I was thinking about wee surprises they may throw in last gasp, but I reckon it's all but too late now.

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Mark Jefferies Extra 330 on at 14:00 ish.

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

So... the rumours on Facebook are that the organisers ignored an offer from the USAF to provide displays and that the Bronco team might be pulling out. :wall:

The lineup is looking a bit thin as it is, and if the programmes are published then I doubt we will see any last-minute additions. Still, there is the Calmac hospitality tent and some unknown local bands to enjoy, so all is not lost. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

How the hell can you call the line up a bit thin, look at Rhyl, that's a bit thin!

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

This is the lineup for Saturday. Thin might be a bit unkind.

RAF Typhoon Display
BBMF (Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster)
Royal Netherlands Air Force Historic Flight B25 Mitchell
Lauren Richardson's Pitts Special
Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron Vampire Pair
Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron Mig-15
Nanchang CJ-6
P-51 "Miss Helen"
Irish Historic Flight
Plane Sailing PBY-5A Catalina "Miss Pick Up".
Red Arrows

davidoFI

Post by davidoFI »

I have my doubts about the USAF thing. For the USAF to contact an airshow themselves is far fetched when even RIAT has struggled to get them in recent years. This "rumour" is being pushed by people that have had an overwhelmingly negative view on the show. I might be shot down in flames here, but this isn't an enthusiasts show, shows like RIAT and Legends etc. exist for that. Its a seaside show and when you look at similar shows such as Swansea or Blackpool you'll see that participation wise TSIA is doing quite well. At the end of the day Joe public aren't caring if something rare turns up. Its free, they come down to the seaside and make a day of it and they see the Red Arrows. I do however have my criticisms though and think the "night shoot" is a tad ridiculous for what you get though and is just them desperately trying to cater for enthusiasts after the loss of the static. But I'm not going around like the naysayers are, saying its going to be a "disaster" and a "farcical weekend."

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

davidoFI wrote:This "rumour" is being pushed by people that have had an overwhelmingly negative view on the show.

You mean the lot that sit at 'the mound' at Prestwick everyday to monitor the three movements for that day? :yahoo: Yeah there is a fairly toxic corner of that community.

davidoFI

Post by davidoFI »

Yep, I've had quite few run ins with them on Facebook in the past :lol:

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

You've also got the RAF Falcons and Mark Jefferies Extra displaying on Saturday.

CalumG

Post by CalumG »

I can't attend the show this year :sad: Hope those who do enjoy themselves!!

Commando

Post by Commando »

Alanko wrote:
davidoFI wrote:This "rumour" is being pushed by people that have had an overwhelmingly negative view on the show.

You mean the lot that sit at 'the mound' at Prestwick everyday to monitor the three movements for that day? :yahoo: Yeah there is a fairly toxic corner of that community.

Mmm slagging off the locals,think there's more than 3 movements a day as well

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Commando wrote:Mmm slagging off the locals,think there's more than 3 movements a day as well

Nah, I have no problem with the Prestwick spotters in the main, but one or two have been incredibly toxic about the Ayr airshow this year, using any opportunity to poop all over the organisers. Bear in mind that these folk won't be on Ayr beach anyway, but back on their mound all day watching the arrivals and departures! They just want to see interesting and rare aircraft from their usual vantage point, and bear a grudge against the organisers. The same lot freeloaded the statics and departures day last year, as I could see them all in the field opposite and I saw their photos up online afterwards.

I get fairly annoyed with the rolling updates about the frankly underwhelming musical acts the airshow lot have booked to appear in the Cal Mac tent. I would like to see more acts announced, or at least posts about the confirmed acts we already know about.
Last edited by WG655 on Mon 29 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 5)

davidoFI

Post by davidoFI »

Coastguard/RNLI SAR demo confirmed. Fair play to Bristow for being willing to do it :clap:

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Niiice!! Was hoping to get an S92! That is generous of CHC if so! :up:

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Forecast for Saturday looks like a mix of sun and showers :mad: :wall:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Could be worse! I'm hoping the Lanc makes an appearance. Will be up early on Saturday so will probably head over for the day. :smile:

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Let's just hope and prey for more Sunshine than Showers! :biggrin: :smile: