Blackbushe Air Day 30/7

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
farnboroughrob

Re: Blackbushe Air Day 30/7

Post by farnboroughrob »

Sadly the Antarctic survey Dash 7 has cancelled, I believe its still under maintenance in Canada. Twin otter will still be attending. Never knew trying to organize something like this would be such a roller coaster ride!

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Looking like a nice little event and who can argue for £5 ???

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Broncodemo team confirmed. Picked up a Westland Wasp today so we have a great helicopter line up of Sioux ,Wasp, Scout and Gazelle. Have a Me108 as a possible.
Rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Air day update
Additions
Hurricane and Spitfire, awaiting conformation from where but believed from HAC G-HURI and G-MKVB
Premier biz jet from farnborough subject to owner not changing his plans

lost the Proctor, owner flying bigger things elsewhere

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Aircraft update, added Me108, awaiting conformation of what Boultbee and Hangar 11 are bringing. We have a few modern light aircraft on static including a couple of gyros, a Sonca from Belgium and a e-go homebuilt.

Some brilliant raffle prizes for the air day in aid of Aerobility. All profits will be donated to this great charity that enables those who are disabled, terminally ill and our injured service personnel to find the release, self satisfaction, achievement and pure joy of discovering flight and the wonderful feeling of mastering it.
For a mere £1 per ticket YOU could win from the following..

A mystery business jet flight..
A land away flight with Air First including refreshments
An experience/aerobatic flight with Blackbushe Aviation
A helicopter experience flight with Phoenix Helicopters
A full blown professional flight simulator session with Flight Safety, Farnborough
A trial lesson/experience glider flight with Lasham Gliding Club
A VIP Tour of the Avro Vulcan - plus overnight accommodation
A luxury leather passport holder from TAG Farnborough

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Justa little bump for this event, added today is the Shuttleworth Anson. Should have some more info after big meeting tomorrow.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

farnboroughrob wrote:Sadly the Antarctic survey Dash 7 has cancelled.

As she's definitely in the UK (flying from Coventry to Duxford today) any chance the Dash 7 could be re-attacked for attendance? :heyhey:

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I did ask the question on the Dash 7 and it needs two pilots and only one is available hence we get the Twin Otter, shame. The possibility of something larger than a Dash 7 is being worked on.
Last edited by farnboroughrob on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Not wishing to count our chickens, but a RAF C-130 will carry out an approach and go around to each runway this evening at 18:15. :rock: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

So the full line up as we speak:

WW2 Fighters
Hawker Hurricane
Supermarine Spitfire
P-51 Mustang - Hangar 11

WW2 Trainers
Boeing Stearman
North American Harvard
de Havilland Tiger Moth

1950's-80's military aircraft
Avro Anson - Shuttleworth/BAE
North American OV-10 Bronco - Bronco Display Team
Percival Provost
DHC Beaver - Army Historic Flight
DHC Chipmunk - Army Historic Flight
Auster AOP9 - Army Historic Flight
SA Bulldog (x3)

Helicopters
Westland Wasp
Westland Gazelle - Gazelle Squadron
Westland Scout - Army Historic Flight
Bell Sioux - Army Historic Flight
Robinson R-22
Calidus Gyrocopter
Montgomerie Bensen B8MR gyrocopter

Vintage Aircraft
Travel Air Type R Mystery Ship
Vintage gliders (x2)
de Havilland Hornet Moth
Percival Vega Gull G-AEZJ

Modern Aircraft
Extra 300
Yak 50
Tecnam P2006 - Aerobility
Yak 52 - Aerobility
Twin Otter - British Antartic Survey
Extra 330
Sonaca 200
Cessna 172 floatplane
Beech Premier Jet (subj. to operational needs)
e-go
Isaacs Spitfire
Junkers CL1 replica
Auster

All are subject to weather and operational requirements. More will be announced shortly including a C-130 and possible Chinook???

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Great lineup. Can't wait!
Simon

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

hopefully this one will be back next week after a look see..

wv383

Post by wv383 »

farnboroughrob wrote:hopefully this one will be back next week after a look see..

Where's the 'like' button!
Simon

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Just a little bump for this even't. Please come along, but not early! Car park and show ground open from 10:30. Static park hopefully at 11, as long as they all turn up on time. Event closes at 5pm, aircraft park closes at 16:30 .£5 on the gate although attendance is limited to 3000 at any one time, additional small bucket donation to enter the aircraft park. Expecting over 30 aircraft on static, 50 in the fly-in. Hope to publish a full, and final list later in the week.
Aircraft will depart after 5, runways 26 likely to be in use so you could photograph departures from the common, although you will have to move your car elsewhere first.
I have been a small cog in this event but boy is it hard work. My thanks, and admiration go out to those who have organized all the shows I have been to in the past!
Oh, and if anybody wan't to say hello I will be manning the Blackbushe history stand in the marquee from 3-4pm ish

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

The OV-10 from the Bronco display team is scheduled to arrive at 15:00 Friday from Culdrose.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Friday will by a busy day at Blackbushe with lots to do, im sure extra hands would be welcome?
Some timings for Saturday, showground open 10:30, car park will be open a little earlier.Parking is on the old market site, do not try to enter the airport mainentrance. There is a ticket sales booth, only £5, in the car park then use the shuttle bus to the show ground. You can also walk in via the gate at the back of the terminal. Cyclists can enter via the main gate only if they have a ticket.
The aircraft park will be open 11:00-4:30 for a donation. The Mayor of Yateley will officially open the event at 11.
The 'big pull' where teams compete to pull a PA-32 a certain distance will take place in front of aerobility from 11:30-14:30 at various times.
There will be pleasure flights available (Rapide and R44)cost and duration available on the day.
There is a great raffle for £1 and the chance to guess the height flown by a De Havilland Beaver for £1. The winners of these will be announced at 16:00, and 16:20.
The commentator will be experienced air show commentator George Bacon, i know some of you will welcome that :tumbleweed: .
There is no flying display as such but the Army Historic Flight will be flying during the day and there will be arriving and departing airport of various types.
At 16:30 the static display closes and at 17:00 the show ground closes.
Please come along and have a great day! Remember all profits will go to Aerobility to keep up their great work show physically and mentally disabled people, and children, the joy of flight.

Aircraft participation is very fluid, Peter Teichman will be doing a demo flight at some point and the AACHF will be do flights for Aerobility through the day. Shipping and Airlines from Biggin are also doing something ad-hoc.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Just a few arrivals from today. Sadly the BAS Twinotter can't make it but think we are looking around 30 static aircraft and 50 fly-in visitors.
Love the Bronco

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Sadly can't make it, but hope the day is a success for you and the team!
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Jay

Post by Jay »

I've got my ticket, really looking forward to it, especially my flight in the Dragon Rapide, which I saw at Farnborough airshow and fell in love with, then I found out I could get to fly in her so it didn't take me long to make that decision! weather looks OK tomorrow so hopefully it will all go well!
Will all the aircraft depart fairly quickly after the show ends? I would like to get some photos of them in flight but as I am coming up by train and taxi It would be good to be able to know roughly what time so I can plan my return journey.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

That Rapide is lovely, took me 25 years to see it though! Weather looks great for flying, no expected problems. We are expecting everything gone between 4:45 and 6 ,when us volunteers knock off, but the odd one may stay until Sunday? The showground closes at 5 but you can walk around the back of the terminal to the end of the runway after that. I will be on the Blackbushe history exhibit around 3-4pm so say hello and may be able to give you a lift back to Farnborough, or a local station after the show.
rob

197cup

Post by 197cup »

Does anyone know if the Bronco is departing today?

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Great little event today. Even got a Champagne trip in the Rapide for 20 minutes...Nice variety of aircraft on show and even a bit of flying. Pity about some of the no shows but that happens.
I hope the persons' alright who got ran over by the PA32 being towed in the race...ouch!
One slight (constructive criticism I hope) The idea of buses to and from the event from the car park didn't work very well did it?? Most people seemed to give up and walk each way from what I could see. :sad:
Other than that, a nice day out and I hope you raised plenty of money for worth while charity :clap:
...Rad shutters auto.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

keithjs wrote:Great little event today. Even got a Champagne trip in the Rapide for 20 minutes...Nice variety of aircraft on show and even a bit of flying. Pity about some of the no shows but that happens.
I hope the persons' alright who got ran over by the PA32 being towed in the race...ouch!
One slight (constructive criticism I hope) The idea of buses to and from the event from the car park didn't work very well did it?? Most people seemed to give up and walk each way from what I could see. :sad:
Other than that, a nice day out and I hope you raised plenty of money for worth while charity :clap:

Agreed that it was a great event and bodes well for another next year. As for the buses, there was a serious queue for them to go back to the car park from around 1415 onwards possibly due to not having enough of them to cater for demand. Something to consider for next year.

One worrying thing though. Although it is great to have unbarriered access to the static aircraft, Peter Teichman was getting increasingly worried about the number of kids running around and under the P-40 even to the extent that some were ducking under the rear fuselage and knocking the aerials. However, credit to him coming to the show as when he left at around 1330, he had another four (yes four!) more shows to do. He reckoned he might get back to North Weald mid to late evening! For safety's sake, there definitely needs to be more stewardship around the aircraft.

One other thing is that there needs to be more much clearer signage on the A30 from both directions to state clearly that no vehicles are to enter the airport via the main entrance. There were several near misses and one, very minor, prang involving cars slowing down and attempting to turn right (from the Camberley direction) into the airport entrance.
Simon

Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

Hi - my first post on this forum.

I attended this event yesterday and thought it was a very pleasant and relaxing way to view some interesting aircraft. I'm getting a bit old and tired of mega air shows these days and I find small, relaxing events on this type of scale much more enjoyable.

Because I'm fairly local, I cycled to Blackbushe and had no issue at all with traffic or parking. I had a premonition that stewarding vehicles in through the main gate off the very busy and dangerous A30 would not be straightforward which is why I took to my bike.

And, as a bonus, TJ Aviation was one of the traders - so I bought a couple of model kits.

All in all a most enjoyable day. I hope it's repeated next year - which marks 75 years of operations for Blackbushe.

D1Scafellpike

Post by D1Scafellpike »

I was unable to get there until late afternoon. Arrived car park circa 15:35 and thought I saw a Stearman leaving as I parked. I got to the airfield as XF690 was about to leave static. Only 18 aircraft/gliders in static (including XF690) when I arrived so wondering what I missed.