Combined Ops Headcorn 2016

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
DangerM

Combined Ops Headcorn 2016

Post by DangerM »

Does anyone know what is displaying at this show?

According to the FB page they have a Jungmann, Stearman, Harvard pair, Spitfire, Yak 11 and BBMF Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster on Saturday 13th and the same with the addition of a Bestmann and Red Arrows flypast on Sunday 14th.

When I telephoned Headcorn I was told that they only have a BBMF flypast on Saturday and BBMF and Red Arrows flypasts on Sunday and all of the rest may just fly in and sit on the ground.

I have contacted the organisers and can't get a straight answer they just talk about 'comings and goings' and 'sleepovers'.

I have quite a journey to get there but don't really want to waste the time and money for two flypasts.

If the guy on the phone at Headcorn is correct beware if you are travelling to Combined Ops expecting a load of flying displays.

Flyforfun

Re: Combined Ops Headcorn 2016

Post by Flyforfun »

I wouldn't bother driving a long way there unless you like tanks ,i called them as well and got the same answer as you.

DangerM

Post by DangerM »

Thanks, I still can't get a straight answer from the organisers, they just mention 'possibilties' of surprise appearances...

stmterrace

Post by stmterrace »

Ive been to Combined Ops for most of the previous shows as interested in both aircraft and military vehicles.
Its always been a bit fluid (hit and miss) as to what does/dosent display/flypast. In previous years we have had the Red Arrows generally do a flypast but last year we had the Vulcan display on Saturday and the Arrows display on the Sunday, previous year we had the BBMF display with the Canadian Lanc. P-51, Hurricane, Spitfire and Yak 11 have also displayed over the years.
This year post Shoreham I wouldnt like to say what will or will not flypast/display and as mentioned in your previous posts I dont think they really know what format things are happening this year. The Red Arrows and BBMF flying schedule do not have any mention of a display at Headcorn this year so I am assuming it will only be a flypast but I wouldnt take that as whats actually going to happen.
As its held on the same weekend as Eastbourne Airbourne and this year on the sunday its Herne Bay airshow I believe there will a chance that various aircraft will transit and if airspace is free possibly a flypast but they do still have an active runway during most of the day and so generally have the parachute aircraft and other coming and goings which can cause this not to happen.
There are various aircraft timings on the Headcorn Aerodrome Facebook page that does give timings etc for a number of movements as to what displays/overnights/based that would be your best bet for info.
Remember that it is a military vehicle event with the aircraft as an additional element I think its best described as.
Hope that all makes sense.

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

But with the added bonus of a flight in a Devon, if that excites you!! :biggrin: It might me, if I was around. But I have enjoyed Headcorn in previous years accepting the flying displays as a lottery but very good atmosphere and lots of militaria if that's of interest.
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

colper

Post by colper »

The Dutch B25 is there all weekend.It will be flying out to Eastbourne both days.

https://www.facebook.com/Headcorn-Aerod ... 901715341/

Scroll down page for show details

Colin

grant_w

Post by grant_w »

colper wrote:The Dutch B25 is there all weekend.It will be flying out to Eastbourne both days.

https://www.facebook.com/Headcorn-Aerod ... 901715341/

Scroll down page for show details

Colin

But not displaying at Headcorn

DangerM

Post by DangerM »

As I understand it the only flying displays are BBMF doing a flypast on Saturday and BBMF and the Red Arrows doing flypasts on Sunday. Everything else listed is either on the ground or flying out to Eastbourne. As others have said, not worth it if you are expecting any displays. Shame as the published line up looks impressive but is possibly a bit misleading.

Flyforfun

Post by Flyforfun »

Yes its very misleading and the organisers should come clean on there website what they actually have .