Skylive Airshow 2017

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
JordonHarston

Skylive Airshow 2017

Post by JordonHarston »

Tickets are on sale now for next years event. 10% discount until end of 2016

According to Skylive they have requested the Red Arrows,Typhoon,BBMF,Falcons. A hawk display which is back for 2017 and a A400M Display from the RAF?
Also they have requested assists from the Swiss Airforce including the Super Hornet, Patrouille Suisse, PC7 Team and Puma.
They are also talking to JHC about Chinook and Apache displays aswell as the Royal Navy

So overall the are asking for more display items next year which is promising.

PeterR

Re: Skylive Airshow 2017

Post by PeterR »

JordonHarston wrote:A hawk display which is back for 2017 and a A400M Display from the RAF?

Hawk and Atlas have been on the request proforma for the past two years, doesn't mean it'll actually happen.

st24

Post by st24 »

Swiss Super Hornet?, err, okay...... And what and where the hell is skylive?...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Durham Tees Valley airport, think its the last weekend in May.

JordonHarston

Post by JordonHarston »

It's the 27th May at Durham Tees Valley "Airport" if you class an airport with a couple of Amsterdam and Aberdeen Flights.

All that has been requested was on the press release which was released yesterday by the team. I have to say it is quite ambitious but with tickets for £14.50 for adults until the end of 2016 if they do get some of these extra items it is good value for money.

JJC

Post by JJC »

As alluded to above, the Swiss don't operate Super Hornets - so that's a non-starter to begin with.

You do question just who attempts to organise these events. :confused:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

G-AMPY

Post by G-AMPY »

I attended in 2016 and was not impressed with the 6ftconstruction fences used on the display line so no photos could be taken!!

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Advertising tickets on the back of what the organisers have bid for is dodgy to say the least. The chances of them scoring more than one or two of that list have to be slim. Buyer beware.

CJS

Post by CJS »

I could request all of those aircraft to fly over my house (well apart from the one that doesn't exist) by filling in a form, for the RAF ones anyway. It's massively misleading to the non aviation 'expert' to even put the names out there, as many will just assume that means they're all booked and coming.

It'll come back to bite them on fora such as this but also social media when (if?) some (most?) of these assets don't reply favourably to their request.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Advertising tickets on the back of what the organisers have bid for is dodgy to say the least. The chances of them scoring more than one or two of that list have to be slim. Buyer beware.

Odd to only invite the Swiss Air Force, from the way the post is worded. Considering they've got a large airfield they could surely consider inviting further militaries also. Agree that it is misleading for the general public who may not understand the system of requesting assets - whilst it may be commonplace to invite all available acts, disclosing this to the public at such an early stage is misleading as it only leads to disappointment when promised acts are never confirmed.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Equally ambitious inviting JHC's Chinook and Apache displays after this year's debacle. Maybe the Swiss are invited to bankroll them? :shock:

At least they're giving it a go I guess from the positive side of things. :up: :cuppa:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

jon93

Post by jon93 »

Having checked the press release it does actually say Hornet and not Super Hornet, so either the quote was wrong or it's been corrected. They also clearly say they are in discussions with certain air arms, which as far as I'm concerned is no different to what RIAT do in the build up to the show.

David Thompson

Post by David Thompson »

The 2017 line-up was announced today ;
Flying display ; http://www.skyliveevents.co.uk/air-show/
and
Static display ; http://www.skyliveevents.co.uk/static/

Underwhelming to say the least ! :sad:

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

I think they are doing their best and keeping their word. They have always said they will try and build the event up and have come back with a bigger and better flying display. A few things i have noticed that they are using the Reds to promote the event when atm they won't even be in the country and they have listed the BBMF twice, which looks like space filling. Nice to see they have the 727 in static, shame it's not flying!

Rebecca_1984

Post by Rebecca_1984 »

Not a bad line up under the current circumstances, does the 727 still do flying displays not sure its done so since Cosford 2015.

Post by 5944 »

Still no mention anywhere on their website as to what the date is! It's not until you try to buy tickets that it states it's on 27th May. Pretty poor really.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Rebecca_1984 wrote:Not a bad line up under the current circumstances, does the 727 still do flying displays not sure its done so since Cosford 2015.

727 displayed on several days at Farnborough 2016
Simon

jon93

Post by jon93 »

727 to depart from static and do some sort of flying towards the end of the day, Facebook post says a flypast but it could be a bit more who knows.

Middleton St George

Post by Middleton St George »

Reported that both Lauren Richardson in her Pitts and the Breitling Wingwalkers have cancelled and are being replaced by Tom Cassells and as a definite bounus the Royal Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron MIG-15 .
Have also heard that the Chinook display team have cancelled too but is that just Teesside or for all of the 2017 season ?

XX752

Post by XX752 »

Still advertising Lancaster on website and have not responded to my question of why........

Middleton St George

Post by Middleton St George »

Quite a few arrivals yesterday and more due in today including a RN Wilcat .
Some good news is that sections of the boundary fence will be lower than last year for ease of photography .

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Looks like a 6ft fence all along the crowdline by what I've seen posted on fb. Complete and utter joke, no other show does this.

John_E

Post by John_E »

Lots of complaints on Facebook about people not being allowed into the car parks until 10am, despite tickets and posters saying 9am. Sounds as well organised as last year, glad I'm not bothering.

Also, posters say £15 adults and £5 kids but they're charging £20 adults and £8 kids on the door. Someone on Facebook claims they demanded to speak to a manager about this and when he turned up, his response was "If you're not paying, leave".

Rebecca_1984

Post by Rebecca_1984 »

A friend of mine is at that event, she complained about the fence last year as did others and was told it would not be in place this year. Seems like the feedback the organisers asked for has been totally ignored.

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Trouble is, it reflects poorly on the whole Airshow industry when such basic and amateurish mistakes are made. Correct and clear info re opening times and entrance fees are THE most basic things and it gives the impression it's run by children. It's a real shame.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”