Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight1-2 July

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
wv383

Re: Blackbushe 75th anniversary air show 1-2 July

Post by wv383 »

tommercer wrote:Rob, knowing Blackbushe and the area very well, I can't understand how a flying display is going to work here. Do you have any diagrams of the display area?

Tom, from what I gather, the line is going to be over the northern side of the airfield with security in place to ensure no public are in the area during the displays and this will include people returning to their cars in the car park. I would imagine that they are going to have to be very careful due to the proximity of Yateley. I also gather that there will not be any 'high-powered' displays and definitely no jets. I do know that a huge amount of work has gone into it, particularly with CAA etc regarding display 'box' and that a lot of negotiating has been undertaken. It's due to all that work going on that, although an attendance list of aircraft has been made public, there is on official word as yet as to what will actually be displaying. Some of the items shown will be flypasts only. Obviously they have been having the Press Preview today so Rob might have more information once he has recovered from that. I wasn't able to attend due to not being able to drive at the moment for health reasons (hopefully I will be fully fit by the time the show itself happens as I don't want to miss it!).
Simon

frank

Post by frank »

Airshow was mentioned/"advertised" on local TV news this morning so we can expect a good turnout, hope the airport have got their traffic flow and transfer buses sorted out for a much bigger attendance this year. :snack:
Clearly the press day had the required outcome in terms of publicity. :smile: Looking forward to it in July.

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

wv383 wrote:
tommercer wrote:Rob, knowing Blackbushe and the area very well, I can't understand how a flying display is going to work here. Do you have any diagrams of the display area?

Tom, from what I gather, the line is going to be over the northern side of the airfield with security in place to ensure no public are in the area during the displays and this will include people returning to their cars in the car park. I would imagine that they are going to have to be very careful due to the proximity of Yateley. I also gather that there will not be any 'high-powered' displays and definitely no jets. I do know that a huge amount of work has gone into it, particularly with CAA etc regarding display 'box' and that a lot of negotiating has been undertaken. It's due to all that work going on that, although an attendance list of aircraft has been made public, there is on official word as yet as to what will actually be displaying. Some of the items shown will be flypasts only. Obviously they have been having the Press Preview today so Rob might have more information once he has recovered from that. I wasn't able to attend due to not being able to drive at the moment for health reasons (hopefully I will be fully fit by the time the show itself happens as I don't want to miss it!).

That's kind of what worries me a little, all this build up and no actual knowledge of what, if anything, will be displaying while at the same time constantly being billed as an airshow. It's a lot to promise with no confirmed sign off. I didn't even know about the preview to be honest, information doesn't seem all that easy to find.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi Guys I admit the public side of this is really starting late, but the event only got the 100% go ahead in March due to CAA and land issues. As WV383 says the flying will be restricted due to CAA rules. The maneuvering area is the north side car parks, the common and obviously the airfield, all pilots are obvious aware and happy. There will be professional security people to police the no go areas and anybody buying tickets will be made aware of the restrictions on accessing the car park. The crowd area will be around the terminal and down past where it was for last years event, so the southern side of the southern taxiway. There will be static aircraft in the car park and around where the temporary hangars are. It is looking like a 3 hour flying display at the moment, mostly war bird related. I know the website is lacking on what is flying, and social media has not been very active but I am a mere volunteer and have pointed this out. AFIK this is the only 'new' air show this year, and it will be a one off. There may be future events but not with a flying display.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Thanks for the clarification Rob
Simon

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Quick update the visiting An-2 will be HA-ANG doing a paradrop, which is good as I need a photo of that one. Sally-b should be on the ground and open for tours in the mornings-subject to conformation.
Rob

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

farnboroughrob wrote:Quick update the visiting An-2 will be HA-ANG doing a paradrop, which is good as I need a photo of that one. Sally-b should be on the ground and open for tours in the mornings-subject to conformation.
Rob

Nice not seen that one yet, do you know where it's based ?

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

I'm not 'into' Civvies, so I'm sure if I stick my neck-out somebody will give us the UK location airfield of HA-ANG?
Most sources suggest Hinton-in-the-Hedges airfield near Brackley, Northamptonshire? :dunno:

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Stagger2 wrote:I'm not 'into' Civvies, so I'm sure if I stick my neck-out somebody will give us the UK location airfield of HA-ANG?
Most sources suggest Hinton-in-the-Hedges airfield near Brackley, Northamptonshire? :dunno:

Most of the time she is indeed based at Hinton-in-the-Hedges. Of late she's been at Bournemouth/Hurn (she was on the Airtime ramp for a while after the Bournemouth Air Show) but not sure if she's still there or returned home.
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

HA-ANG seems to be at Bournemouth every time I go there, think it goes to Hinton for paradropping at weekends?
Rob

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

It should live at Hinton, seeing as it's owned by the Hinton Parachute Centre...

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Can add the Shuttleworth/BAE Anson, flying Saturday only and Aeronca K G-ONKA on static.
Rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Updated 20/5, sadly the B-25 was just beyond the budget. The website does not list weather aircraft are static or flying so it is my best guess.

Aeronca K G-ONKA (S)
Avro lancaster BBMF (F)
AAC Historic Flight-Beaver,Auster, Sioux,Scout (f)
Antonov AN-2 HA-ANG para drop (f)
Avro Anson BAE/Shuttleworth (F sat only)
BAC Jet Provest T3 (s)
Boeing Chinook RAF (s)
Boeing B-17 sally-b (f)
Cessna 208 para dropper (F)
Cessna 510 blink (s)
Breitling Wing Walkers 4x Stearman (f)
Extra 300 (f)
DH rapide G-AHAG pleasure flights
DH Heron G-AORG (if airworthy by then?)
C-47 Aces High (s)
catalina G-PBYA (F?)
Gulfstream 280 (s)
Hurricane (F?) BHHH
DHC6 Antartic Survey (s)
OV-10 -Bronco display team (F)
Percival Vega Gull G-AEZJ(s)
Percival Pembroke G-BNPH (s)
SIAI 211 I-MJET (s)
PItts Special G-EWIZ Richard Goodwin (F)
Piper Cub truck landing (F)
P-51 G-SHWN (F)
Spitfire MK.IX-hangar 11 (F)
Ultimate Pitts Special (F)
Westland Wasp (f?)
Yak 52 (F?)

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

I emailed Blackbushe just over a week ago enquiring as to what would be static or flying and they wouldn't commit to saying either way.

James

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Bronco will not be attending, sadly. Still on official site but not on Bronco site and I know it was cancelled a while ago.
Rob

Beech18Boy

Post by Beech18Boy »

Ledhead27 wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:I'm not 'into' Civvies, so I'm sure if I stick my neck-out somebody will give us the UK location airfield of HA-ANG?

Most of the time she is indeed based at Hinton-in-the-Hedges. Of late she's been at Bournemouth/Hurn (she was on the Airtime ramp for a while after the Bournemouth Air Show) but not sure if she's still there or returned home.

She is Back at Hinton,flying this weekend.

Beech18Boy

Post by Beech18Boy »

Looks like a really great show may try and pop down,I doubt the Pembroke will be coming sadly as she is having her engine rebuilt.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Thanks for the info on the Pembroke, think they only confirmed about a month ago so hopefully will be ready in time? Had no official news but not optimistic about the Herons return to flight, which is a shame. For anybody attending please come into the history hub and say hi. We will have lots on the airports history (short film show, memorabilia, models, and lots of photos) and some real living Blackbushe legends from the 40's and 50's. Oh and we have a gin bar upstairs!

Jay

Post by Jay »

I'm holding off getting a ticket until there is confirmation the Heron will be flying.

Beech18Boy

Post by Beech18Boy »

farnboroughrob wrote:Thanks for the info on the Pembroke, think they only confirmed about a month ago so hopefully will be ready in time? Had no official news but not optimistic about the Herons return to flight, which is a shame. For anybody attending please come into the history hub and say hi. We will have lots on the airports history (short film show, memorabilia, models, and lots of photos) and some real living Blackbushe legends from the 40's and 50's. Oh and we have a gin bar upstairs!

Sadly I doubt it will it was a full engine failure,Heron has its engine back so should be back.

Hope all goes well from one show organiser to another may try and come down in a Radial how do we book in to fly-in and how much is a Landing fee?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Thanks for that,one out of those two will do. Will send you a PM about visiting.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Just a few snippets, unfortunately the official site does not really reflect all the static items due.
Yak 3 added to static
Fireflies aerobatic team added to flying (2x RV6)
Turbulent display team added to flying (4x Turbilent)

Sally B and Bronco sadly removed. Still hopeful on the Heron, they are hoping to bring in a load of pax each day. Many aircraft will arrive Friday pm(JP,C-47 etc) but I would remind you that the car park will be closed to the public on the Thursday and Friday for setting up. You can view from the common but there is little parking over there.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Another small update
Lancaster flypast Saturday 1st July – 13:35, Sunday 2nd July – 15:35
new for the static Cirrus SR22 demo aircraft and Claudius autogyro.
EDIT:Hawker Hurricane added to static

Hopeful of a surprise item that will excite the locals but not readers of this forum (No its not the Jordanian falcons :tumbleweed: )

If anybody would like to volunteer some time on Friday,Saturday or Sunday please let me know. in exchange you will receive free tickets.

Rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Small update for anybody attending..
1. terminal car park closed Thursday-Monday, do not try and park here
2 car parking sat-sun is on the old northern runways, entrance via the car auctions. There is regular shuttle bus's to the show ground every couple of minutes. You can not stay in the area to watch the show, CAA rules
3 Car park is open from 7 am, mostly for volunteers, but the show ground will not be open until 10 am. Shuttle bus will run until 12:00 when the car park will close and all but security personnel will vacate the area.
4 there may be a 30min window in the display to leave but again you must not stay in the car park.
5 Shuttle busses will commence again at 4pm and the show ground will close at 5pm.

Finally if anybody is thinking of free loading please don't. There will be nowhere to park within a mile of the common and you must stay away from the area to the north of the runway centerline or the show will be stopped. I just hope the locals can see the sense in this, probably not!
I will be doing live updates of arrivals next Friday on twitter @farnboroughspot

bhjordan

Post by bhjordan »

farnboroughrob wrote:Small update for anybody attending..
1. terminal car park closed Thursday-Monday, do not try and park here
2 car parking sat-sun is on the old northern runways, entrance via the car auctions. There is regular shuttle bus's to the show ground every couple of minutes. You can not stay in the area to watch the show, CAA rules
3 Car park is open from 7 am, mostly for volunteers, but the show ground will not be open until 10 am. Shuttle bus will run until 12:00 when the car park will close and all but security personnel will vacate the area.
4 there may be a 30min window in the display to leave but again you must not stay in the car park.
5 Shuttle busses will commence again at 4pm and the show ground will close at 5pm.

Finally if anybody is thinking of free loading please don't. There will be nowhere to park within a mile of the common and you must stay away from the area to the north of the runway centerline or the show will be stopped. I just hope the locals can see the sense in this, probably not!
I will be doing live updates of arrivals next Friday on twitter @farnboroughspot

Thanks for the info :up: :smile:

I've been trying to find out about the car parks, and access to/from during the day, and getting mixed answers.

I fully agree with the need for the carparks to be cleared for the displays etc, unfortunately not having access to your car to leave when needed will mean we won't be able to attend this time, my sons medical condition could mean we could have to leave at any point.

Hope everyone who attends have a good day, and look forward to seeing some great photos on here :smile:
All the gear and no idea....