Shoreham

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
lambo17841

Shoreham

Post by lambo17841 »

Not surprising that no show again this year,probably never as major development coming ,Ikea store,school and 600 houses to be built on the only area where any possible aerobatics could take place to the west of the field.Shame as raised a lot of money for charity,unless something can be arranged like Eastbourne may be off the Worthing area.

John in Seaford

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Shoreham

Post by boff180 »

The news broke yesterday but I haven't seen anything formal from the show yet, was waiting for a press release from them.

Andy

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Pity Really, That was one of the Better shows in the UK worth travelling over for. nice and close action, Lots on the ground to see, Actual Aviation related Stalls and a nice senic setting.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Dunsfold will be going soon as well with housing being looked at I believe.

John in Seaford

CJS

Post by CJS »

I'd be surprised if Dunsfold lasts more than two more years. Local gossip is that the house building there will have started by the end of 2018 if not sooner.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

DanH

Post by DanH »

lambo17841 wrote:Not surprising that no show again this year,probably never as major development coming ,Ikea store,school and 600 houses to be built on the only area where any possible aerobatics could take place to the west of the field.Shame as raised a lot of money for charity,unless something can be arranged like Eastbourne may be off the Worthing area.

John in Seaford

As a Worthing resident I've often thought that the town would be ideal for a seafront show. If a return to Shoreham proves not to be suitable it would be a great alternative location, perhaps with the same organisers involved and using the Airport as a base for most of the aircraft and they could even charge a small fee for people to view them on the ground as well as takeoffs/landings. The trouble is that the town hosted the Birdman competition up until a couple of years ago but that got cancelled due to lack of major sponsorship and a decision by the council to invest money in wider town centre regeneration rather than one-off events. Incidentally this investment has so far resulted in some new paving in the main shopping precinct that nobody likes. :grin: I doubt that the prospect of organising an airshow would be any more attractive to them, and after the events at Shoreham I don't know if there would necessarily be appetite for it here unfortunately.
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/