Biggin Hill 2017

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
mafro987daboss

Re: Biggin Hill 2017

Post by mafro987daboss »

If I'm being honest I thought the last paragraph was unfair. That was one of the best UK shows put on this year, and anyone that expected the full atmosphere of the airshows of old had unrealistic expectations. Also thought the failure to mention the Gripen display or the solo Spitfire closer on the Sunday (maybe my favourite solo warbird display of the year) was an odd decision. Opinions ey?

ted633

Re: Biggin Hill 2017

Post by ted633 »

A very fair report, though again with the exception of the final paragraph. Can't comment on the atmosphere so much as I was very young when I last went to one of the Air Fairs. However, the closing spitfire solo (on the Sunday at least) was just sublime, definitely one of my favourite displays of the year, with Jerusalem pumping out over the speakers to really add to the occasion. Agree though that the heritage hanger display beforehand was missing something, maybe having another single seat instead of the twin stick would have made a difference and some differing formations instead of a tall chase.