East Fortune Airshow 2017

East Fortune Airshow 2017

Postby stratocaster on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

As has been confirmed in another thread, East Fortune will take place on the 22nd July this year. Participants still to be announced. :biggrin:
Card carrying aviation addict!
stratocaster

Re: East Fortune Airshow 2017

Postby Alanko on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:47 pm

Typhoon confirmed, via Twitter.
Alanko

Postby bolshi on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:57 pm

I also see its down for 3 days at Prestwick :smile:

Bolshi
bolshi

Postby stratocaster on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:33 am

Great! Maximum heavy metal for the 22nd of July! :rock: :rock: :yahoo: I wonder if it will be opening or closing the show?
stratocaster

Postby stratocaster on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:57 am

According to one source, Grob Tutor flown by Andy Tagg is also lined up.
stratocaster

Postby Ryand19 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 7:38 pm

Haven't been through since 2013, looking forward to it alreaady! :biggrin:
Ryand19

Postby Unknown74 on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 7:39 pm

Might have to make do with East Fortune this Year due to work colleague being on leave so might not make Sunderland on Friday so hope if I can't make it down there on Saturday might make East Fortune instead? Who knows?
Unknown74

Postby vandal on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:13 pm

East Fortune's Airshow page confirming the Red Arrows, Tutor and BBMF but no mention of Typhoon. :question:

http://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of ... n/airshow/
vandal

Postby vandal on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:19 pm

stratocaster wrote:Great! Maximum heavy metal for the 22nd of July! :rock: :rock: :yahoo: I wonder if it will be opening or closing the show?

Their Airshow page suggests re closing the show on (EF's) 20th Anniversary year - that honour will fall on the Reds. Quote below taken from said page.

"RAF Aerobatic team the Red Arrows will make a high-octane return to Scotland's National Airshow, topping the bill on the event’s 20th anniversary line-up"
vandal

Postby Spiny Norman on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:03 pm

vandal wrote:East Fortune's Airshow page confirming the Red Arrows, Tutor and BBMF but no mention of Typhoon. :question:

It was on the Typhoon schedule for 2017 display season and as on same weekend as Sunderland would be strange if withdrawn. Unlikely I'd think.

B-17 though - excellent.
Spiny Norman

Postby vandal on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:39 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:
vandal wrote:East Fortune's Airshow page confirming the Red Arrows, Tutor and BBMF but no mention of Typhoon. :question:

It was on the Typhoon schedule for 2017 display season and as on same weekend as Sunderland would be strange if withdrawn. Unlikely I'd think.

B-17 though - excellent.

Thought so too, just wondering why it's not listed on their (East Fortune Airshow) website, when it seems Typhoon have confirmed, as you have mentioned via their display schedule, and Twitter.
vandal

Postby Unknown74 on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 7:19 pm

Would be totally shocked and surprised if the Typhoon didn't fly at East Fortune as the flying distance between there and Newcastle/ Sunderland is only minutes in the Typhoon - or any fast jet for that matter.
Unknown74

Postby EGL on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm

The Sally B members letter which arrived in the post yesterday lists East Fortune on their flying programme.
EGL

Return to Other UK Airshows and Events