Midlands Air Festival 18th-20th May 2018, Ragley Hall, Warks

Midlands Air Festival 18th-20th May 2018, Ragley Hall, Warks

Postby IP1960 on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:00 pm

I see this event has just been announced.

From the website :- "The 19th & 20th May will be packed with an exciting air display, with classic WW1 & 2 fighters, high energy aerobatics, classic jets, flying circus, parachutes, helicopters and gyrocopter. There will also be a full hot air balloon festival with up to 50 balloons expected"

Low on details so far, and looks to be heavily pushing the balloon aspect of it, but any event almost within walking distance of my home involving an aircraft gets a vote from me :lol:
IP1960

Re: Midlands Air Festival 18th-20th May 2018, Ragley Hall, W

Postby speedbird2639 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 11:29 am

Just 10 minutes down the road for me as well. As long as they keep away from Alcester and Bidford they shouldn't have any issues with e CAA and their new draconian rules. The only issue I can see is the potential for secondary crowds as the site is 'boxed' by roads so may be an issue with freeloaders parking on verges - will they be able to close some roads like at DUX or prevent parking on verges?

Potentially interesting addition. A launch of 50 balloon would be a great photographic opportunity.
speedbird2639

Postby IP1960 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:15 pm

Yes the "old" Evesham road gives some lovely elevated views across the Ragley estate! Certainly have to travel a good few miles to see anything of interest normally (I'm just outside Redditch), so shall look forward to it. Lets hope they can make a success of it and make it a regular thing, as I know Ragley are keen to get more events held at the Hall.
IP1960

Postby melvyn hiscock on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 2:25 pm

IP1960 wrote:Yes the "old" Evesham road gives some lovely elevated views across the Ragley estate!

<snip>

Lets hope they can make a success of it and make it a regular thing, as I know Ragley are keen to get more events held at the Hall.

So, you want them to succeed and are suggesting watching over the fence?
melvyn hiscock

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:23 pm

Looks good, will have to keep an eye out for this :up:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby zigzag on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 9:21 am

I can walk to this too, and given the lie of the land there could be interesting photo opportunities depending on the display line used.

But a clash with tigermeet will rule it out for me, so I'm hoping it's a success and there's another event next year.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT
zigzag

New event for 2018

Postby pbeardmore on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:58 pm

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Re: New event for 2018

Postby Stagger2 on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 1:09 am

Not giving themselves very long to assess the response/viability & bin it?? :hide:
Stagger2

Postby IP1960 on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm

melvyn hiscock wrote:
IP1960 wrote:Yes the "old" Evesham road gives some lovely elevated views across the Ragley estate!

<snip>

Lets hope they can make a success of it and make it a regular thing, as I know Ragley are keen to get more events held at the Hall.

So, you want them to succeed and are suggesting watching over the fence?

No, poor choice of words on my part, was agreeing that the roads around Ragley do rather box the place in and give vantage points across the estate. As a regular visitor to Ragley I will certainly support the event from inside.
IP1960

Postby Witchcraft24 on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 3:12 pm

No new location is always welcome. Does anyone know if this is this likely to become an annual event (if it succeeds) and what the anticipated attendance figure might be?
Witchcraft24

Postby Chris G on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

Nice big update for this event on their website including Beech 18, Fournier RF-4, Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang, Buchon, Hawker Fury II, TRIG team, Lauren Wilson Pitts Special, Turb team, Vampire and Strikemasters. Looking like a good event!
Chris G

Postby vulcanshammer on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 11:13 pm

Chris G wrote:Nice big update for this event on their website including Beech 18, Fournier RF-4, Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang, Buchon, Hawker Fury II, TRIG team, Lauren Wilson Pitts Special, Turb team, Vampire and Strikemasters. Looking like a good event!

Excellent! :up:
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better
vulcanshammer

Return to Other UK Airshows and Events