Lightning X 4 Bruntingthorpe 16/17 June 2018

Lightning X 4 Bruntingthorpe 16/17 June 2018

Postby Elwood on Thu 31 May 2018, 8:34 pm

In case it had escaped your attention I have been asked by my colleagues at the Lightning Preservation Group to post these details of their event:-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/elwoodbear/28608450658/in/datetaken-friend/

Full details of how to book can be obtained at https://lightnings.org.uk/shop/tickets/lightning-x4/

Look forward to seeing you there!

Elwood
Elwood Bear
Mascot of Canberra WT333 Operating Team http://on-target-aviation.com/heritage/
Elwood

Re: Lightning X 4 Bruntingthorpe 16/17 June 2018

Postby lynothehammer on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 7:15 am

Got my tickets, looking forward to it... :smile:
lynothehammer

Postby capercaillie on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:55 am

I'm sure many will be very interested in the event, but can the organisers expand a little on the "dynamic aircraft photo opps" advertised.

Will the aircraft be available people and clutter free at set times during the day for clear unobstructed photos with the sun (if out) nicely side on to them? Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting them to be available for people to look at closely during the day, I will be bringing my 5 year old daughter if I go, its just the temptation to get clear shots of the non flyers that appeals. :smile:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby AARDVARK on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:51 am

lynothehammer wrote:Got my tickets, looking forward to it... :smile:

Are tickets posted out as bought mine yesterday but only got a PayPal confirmation!
AARDVARK

Postby tuska2 on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 7:00 am

AARDVARK, the original ad for this event was in last month's " Flypast " and it stated that your paypal reciept was your entry ticket. I booked it some three weeks ago, got a confirmation Email but thats all, so I reckon the paypal reciept is the way in! Really hoping to reproduce an earlier post on here from COAP showing the Lightnings with a great woody background, totally uncluttered and people free, lined up in brilliant light! Well fingers crossed eh?
tuska2

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

tuska2 wrote: Really hoping to reproduce an earlier post on here from COAP showing the Lightnings with a great woody background, totally uncluttered and people free, lined up in brilliant light! Well fingers crossed eh?

I asked on Facebook and they said the event will be in and around the Q-sheds, rather than the aircraft being towed to the Gilmorton end of the runway like for the COAP event.
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby tuska2 on Sun 03 Jun 2018, 7:37 am

Well, that might be good too.. depends on clutter, fingers still crossed!
tuska2

Postby AARDVARK on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

tuska2 wrote:AARDVARK, the original ad for this event was in last month's " Flypast " and it stated that your paypal reciept was your entry ticket. I booked it some three weeks ago, got a confirmation Email but thats all, so I reckon the paypal reciept is the way in! Really hoping to reproduce an earlier post on here from COAP showing the Lightnings with a great woody background, totally uncluttered and people free, lined up in brilliant light! Well fingers crossed eh?

Ok thanks,as didn’t state that on the website .
AARDVARK

Postby CG3 on Fri 15 Jun 2018, 8:07 am

Anyone know if you can you pay on the gate?
CG3

Return to Other UK Airshows and Events