Lightning X 4 Bruntingthorpe 16/17 June 2018

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Elwood

Lightning X 4 Bruntingthorpe 16/17 June 2018

Post by Elwood »

In case it had escaped your attention I have been asked by my colleagues at the Lightning Preservation Group to post these details of their event:-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/elwoodbear/28608450658/in/datetaken-friend/

Full details of how to book can be obtained at https://lightnings.org.uk/shop/tickets/lightning-x4/

Look forward to seeing you there!

Elwood
Elwood Bear
Mascot of Canberra WT333 Operating Team http://on-target-aviation.com/heritage/

lynothehammer

Re: Lightning X 4 Bruntingthorpe 16/17 June 2018

Post by lynothehammer »

Got my tickets, looking forward to it... :smile:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I'm sure many will be very interested in the event, but can the organisers expand a little on the "dynamic aircraft photo opps" advertised.

Will the aircraft be available people and clutter free at set times during the day for clear unobstructed photos with the sun (if out) nicely side on to them? Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting them to be available for people to look at closely during the day, I will be bringing my 5 year old daughter if I go, its just the temptation to get clear shots of the non flyers that appeals. :smile:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

lynothehammer wrote:Got my tickets, looking forward to it... :smile:

Are tickets posted out as bought mine yesterday but only got a PayPal confirmation!

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

AARDVARK, the original ad for this event was in last month's " Flypast " and it stated that your paypal reciept was your entry ticket. I booked it some three weeks ago, got a confirmation Email but thats all, so I reckon the paypal reciept is the way in! Really hoping to reproduce an earlier post on here from COAP showing the Lightnings with a great woody background, totally uncluttered and people free, lined up in brilliant light! Well fingers crossed eh?

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

tuska2 wrote: Really hoping to reproduce an earlier post on here from COAP showing the Lightnings with a great woody background, totally uncluttered and people free, lined up in brilliant light! Well fingers crossed eh?

I asked on Facebook and they said the event will be in and around the Q-sheds, rather than the aircraft being towed to the Gilmorton end of the runway like for the COAP event.

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

Well, that might be good too.. depends on clutter, fingers still crossed!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

tuska2 wrote:AARDVARK, the original ad for this event was in last month's " Flypast " and it stated that your paypal reciept was your entry ticket. I booked it some three weeks ago, got a confirmation Email but thats all, so I reckon the paypal reciept is the way in! Really hoping to reproduce an earlier post on here from COAP showing the Lightnings with a great woody background, totally uncluttered and people free, lined up in brilliant light! Well fingers crossed eh?

Ok thanks,as didn’t state that on the website .

CG3

Post by CG3 »

Anyone know if you can you pay on the gate?