Zeltweg 2019

Zeltweg 2019

Postby Andyph on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 8:06 am

Milavia says 6/7 Sept 2019

can't find anything to back that up though
Andyph

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Wes_Howes on Mon 23 Jul 2018, 9:46 am

According to several different sites, the organisers have been looking at dates in June too. Been keeping an eye on it for a few months now, just wish they'd hurry up an announce a date :grin: :sweat:
User avatar
Wes_Howes


Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Wes_Howes on Tue 24 Jul 2018, 6:57 am

I'd be happy with that date! My best mate booked his wedding for the weekend after, just in case Zeltweg was 6/7th :grin:
User avatar
Wes_Howes

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Badger96 on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 10:25 am

Hi all, I appreciate there is still over a year to go before this show however, I have never been to a show outside the UK but am hoping this will change in 2019. I am thinking of attending Zeltweg next year and would be grateful for any advice? I ideally wouldn’t want to hire a car – is this doable? Are Vienna or Salzburg the closest airports with flights from the UK? And has anybody used Austrian public transport to get from these airports to Zeltweg?
Apologies for all the questions. I would be very grateful for any views, particularly those who have attended Zeltweg before. Thanks.
Badger96

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Mictheslik on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 10:53 am

I did Zeltweg from Vienna in 2013....it’s a 3-4 hour train journey, cost a lot of money and was absolutely rammed with other people going to Zeltweg. I would stay somewhere closer for a couple of days next time! Zeltweg station is pretty close to the show though.

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?
User avatar
Mictheslik

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Skyflash on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 10:57 am

Badger96 wrote:Hi all, I appreciate there is still over a year to go before this show however, I have never been to a show outside the UK but am hoping this will change in 2019. I am thinking of attending Zeltweg next year and would be grateful for any advice? I ideally wouldn’t want to hire a car – is this doable? Are Vienna or Salzburg the closest airports with flights from the UK? And has anybody used Austrian public transport to get from these airports to Zeltweg?
Apologies for all the questions. I would be very grateful for any views, particularly those who have attended Zeltweg before. Thanks.


I’ve been twice, in 2009 and 2011 - just flew to Vienna and hired a car, stayed in Graz. This worked out absolutely fine.

In truth, it’s a damned awkward place to get to. Graz is (by far) the nearest city, but it has only a small regional airport with no direct flights to the UK. It is however served by Lufthansa, so doing a stop-off in Frankfurt/Munich/Wherever might be an option. Think KLM fly to Graz too so a stopover at Schiphol might also work. Bear in mind these options are liable to be quite expensive.

Once in Graz, I’m sure there are public transport options for attending the show (including rail I think?) From memory the drive to Zeltweg from Graz took just under an hour, and the traffic was well managed despite the enormous crowds which attend.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Badger96 on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 3:06 pm

Both - thank you very much for your replies - some food for thought there - may not be as straight forward as I hoped!
Badger96

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Wes_Howes on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 3:23 pm

I'd also describe Austria as more German than Germany, very few people speak english (and why should they) but it's a very clean and beautiful country.

We stayed in Graz in 2016 after driving down from Vienna. Nothing too complicated about the journey to or from Zeltweg although there is a toll on the quickest route. Plenty of parking and as mentioned before, traffic is managed well. Be careful where you park though as some of the car parks are quite a walk :sweat:
User avatar
Wes_Howes

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Badger96 on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 4:05 pm

Wes_Howes wrote:I'd also describe Austria as more German than Germany, very few people speak english (and why should they) but it's a very clean and beautiful country.

We stayed in Graz in 2016 after driving down from Vienna. Nothing too complicated about the journey to or from Zeltweg although there is a toll on the quickest route. Plenty of parking and as mentioned before, traffic is managed well. Be careful where you park though as some of the car parks are quite a walk :sweat:


Thanks Wes
Badger96

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Chrisse on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 9:19 pm

If you go via Vienna, you'll definitely be looking to stay somewhere closer to get to Zeltweg because it is a ways to travel. Public transport is good, you can walk relatively easily from the station to the airfield. In 2011, I stayed in a town called Leoben about 25-30 minutes away by train (if memory serves), and transport was great and easy from there to Zeltweg. The journey from Vienna can be done using, for instance, the Railjet to Bruck and der Mur before you switch to slower local trains. Honestly, their public transport is easy to navigate and efficient.
User avatar
Chrisse

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Skyflash on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:43 am

Well that's me booked - heading back to Steiermark! :rock:

...and now fervently praying that the dates don't change. :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Skyflash on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 2:53 pm

Not a huge surprise, but the Swiss Hornet display has self-confirmed on Facebook. Looks like our first confirmed act!
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 3:16 pm

Patrouille Suisse also. :up:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Nwalch on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 3:41 pm

Any idea when the spotters package will be announced?
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Skyflash on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 10:48 am

Nwalch wrote:Any idea when the spotters package will be announced?


Looks like the official website hasn't properly launched yet - keep your eye on here for proper updates including, presumably, details of the tickets available:

http://www.airpower19.at
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby aviodromefriend on Fri 22 Feb 2019, 9:53 am

Skyflash wrote:
Nwalch wrote:Any idea when the spotters package will be announced?


Looks like the official website hasn't properly launched yet - keep your eye on here for proper updates including, presumably, details of the tickets available:

http://www.airpower19.at
http://www.airpower.gv.at at least is now in 2019 modus (and that one has been the official site for quite a few shows already).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: Zeltweg 2019

Postby Skyflash on Fri 22 Feb 2019, 12:02 pm

Thanks! Although how very confusing... the other URL I pasted above is the one which is given on the show's FB page! :dizzy:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff


Return to European Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tatan63 and 4 guests