HAF Airshow Tanagra 2008

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
DeanW

HAF Airshow Tanagra 2008

Post by DeanW »

A participation list has been released for the HAF airshow later this month. http://www.haf.gr/en/airshow2008/default.asp
A very nice variation of Greek hardware on show there by the looks of things.

alnewhaven

Re: HAF Airshow Tanagra 2008

Post by alnewhaven »

Agree.. Sorry to miss Leuchars but looks like this will compensate more than enough :)

Hunter_f6

Post by Hunter_f6 »

the do's and dont's make interesting reading, appears scanners now allowed if you take 'recievers' as an ok...

the open days take my fancy more, Araxos and Andravida being close proximity make a trip edge from a thought into planning....

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

Hunter_f6 wrote:the open days take my fancy more, Araxos and Andravida being close proximity make a trip edge from a thought into planning....

Those are really small scale though, don't expect anything similar to what's listed for the one at Tanagra.

Koen

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

Hunter_f6 wrote:the do's and dont's make interesting reading, appears scanners now allowed if you take 'recievers' as an ok...

the open days take my fancy more, Araxos and Andravida being close proximity make a trip edge from a thought into planning....

I'd have thought thats just normal radios. Wouldnt want to risk using a scanner!

Hunter_f6

Post by Hunter_f6 »

a scanner is a reciever but that depends on how the greeks view it :topbombing:

question for those who have done the open days before :

what are the entry arrangements? main gate, passport for id etc??? Answers much appreciated!!!

frank

Post by frank »

Can I ask how you guys are travelling etc - are you going with Ian Allan travel or going on your on.
Also how far is Tanagra from Athens and did you travel by car or bus or what.
Is hiring a car a nightmare or not too bad
Also what is the airshow like for photo - sun in face or behind etc, 6 foot fences and so on
Interested for your views and comments
regards Frank

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

3years ago, it was just queue up at the entrance and once bags checked you were through. Dont recall being asked for my passport but as well to take it. Sun is behind you and the fence is about 4 feet as I recall. Would recommend taking lots of water, by afternoon it was extremely hot and there were not many refreshment facilities.

Tangra was about half an hour I think from Athens, but the journey back especially on the Sunday was very busy.

cant help with car hire as I was staying with friends there

Rotor

Post by Rotor »

Anyone for sun?
The bbc forecast for Greece looks promising :lol:

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

definitely sunny here if anything it's too hot! Compared to last time fewer foreign participants but still waiting for stuff to arrive. USAF A-10s were expected anhour ago but so far nothing except a Greek f-16 deparing.