Kecskemet (Hungary) 2010

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
flybynight

Re: Kecskemet (Hungary) 2010

Post by flybynight »

Eizo wrote:Btw: Didn't we want to make a meet and greet? EDIT: All hat and no cattle... :clap:

Ye ha! Well I was there, where were you? :hide: I was the one who arrived on Friday's arrivals day by a local farmers horse and cart (don't ask!), on both show days I was on the frontline to the right of the fuel dump, and everynight I ate at Kecskemet's traditional Hungarian eatery, Macdonalds :snack: .

What a show and what a truly international atmosphere, not just the participating aircraft but the number of different nationalities I was able to keep company with. Oh the stories....I'll be back!

Hardcase

Post by Hardcase »

Has that list been sent to DBH, with the words hint hint attached! When you look at a participation list like that it does make you wonder what the likes of RIAT are doing wrong with getting stuff over... :wall:

Just shows you the juicy stuff is still well and truly out there dosent it

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

Hardcase wrote:Has that list been sent to DBH, with the words hint hint attached! When you look at a participation list like that it does make you wonder what the likes of RIAT are doing wrong with getting stuff over... :wall:

To be fair, it is slightly easier for Hungary, as they are bordered by the majority of display aircraft/teams ... Austria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, and Slovenia...and Italy is only a stone's throw away.

Mind you our flight was only 2 hours , so I guess a Mig 29 could get to RIAT somewhat quicker!

JJC

Post by JJC »

flybynight wrote:
Hardcase wrote:Has that list been sent to DBH, with the words hint hint attached! When you look at a participation list like that it does make you wonder what the likes of RIAT are doing wrong with getting stuff over... :wall:

To be fair, it is slightly easier for Hungary, as they are bordered by the majority of display aircraft/teams ... Austria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, and Slovenia...and Italy is only a stone's throw away.

Mind you our flight was only 2 hours , so I guess a Mig 29 could get to RIAT somewhat quicker!

I don't think its a case that people want ALL these awesome display aircraft at RIAT, we just want a few! :shock:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

tu16

Post by tu16 »

Do you not think that DBH ask ALL of these countries EVERY year???

Moaners - what is you magic formula to make these air forces say yes (and then not cancel)?

You obviously think its pretty easy.

st24

Post by st24 »

tu16 wrote:Do you not think that DBH ask ALL of these countries EVERY year???

Asking and getting are 2 entirely different things....
What you ask for and what you get are again entirely different.
What you offer in exchange for a visit can make all the difference.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

tu16 wrote:Do you not think that DBH ask ALL of these countries EVERY year???

Moaners - what is you magic formula to make these air forces say yes (and then not cancel)?

You obviously think its pretty easy.

How do you know? I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, despite the moaning I do think RIAT do a good job putting on a show in the first place, but why does a show in Hungary manage to secure STAR items, such as the Israelis, Ukrainians and Slovaks and RIAT has to rely on Farnborough for its star items (except the F-22, which was gained by RIAT.) I refuse to believe a classic delta jet is to be the highlight of the 'World's biggest military airshow', such as the case last year. Surely RIAT's reputation and strength alone can attract rare air forces and air arms, we're not asking for Su27s, MiG 31s, Su47s, IL76MDs to be brought over. I might be in the minority but even if a Herc comes over from Morocco as an example, that in my eyes is considered a coup because it is from a rare air arm in the UK and I believe it would be the first time the Moroccans would bring one of their Hercs to RIAT. Distance means naff all, especially if crucial aspects of RIAT, such as accomodation, logistics and organisation is top notch, which has been reported I believe.