La Ferte Alais 2010 - getting there from Gare du Nord

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
BenG

Re: La Ferte Alais 2010 - getting there from Gare du Nord

Post by BenG »

EMarsh wrote:Flown into La Ferté to go on static display, unfortunately. The runway isn't long enough for a departure, so she'll never leave. :sad:

Pink Lady is still based at Melun.

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

BenG wrote:
EMarsh wrote:Flown into La Ferté to go on static display, unfortunately. The runway isn't long enough for a departure, so she'll never leave. :sad:

Ah, 'my bad', as they say. Thought I read she's already flown in, glad to know the end hasn't come for her flying career just yet.

frank

Post by frank »

EMarsh wrote:
BenG wrote:

Ah, 'my bad', as they say. Thought I read she's already flown in, glad to know the end hasn't come for her flying career just yet.

Cant remember where I read this but if I recall correctly that she was ok until the end of this display season

Mike

Post by Mike »

frank wrote:Mike , Multimap route planner reckons about 3.5 hours drive from Channel tunnel, does that sound about right based on your experience.
ta Frank

Sorry, only just noticed this. We took an early morning Shuttle from Folkestone on the Thursday before the show, lost an hour with the time difference, and were still sitting in a little cafe in La Ferte Alais town square having lunch with sufficient time to get to the airfield for the afternoon's flying practice, so I'd say probably 3 to 3.5 hours driving (non-stop) tops. As others have mentioned, this depends on the traffic around Paris - we hit it mid-morning on a Thursday and had no real issues.

It's a really great show, even in its current abbreviated form - it used to be an all-day event (with of course, being French, a 2-hour lunch break - how civilized!). I'd encourage anyone undecided about going to make the trip. Imagine the intimate atmosphere of Old Warden with more warbirds and jets too, some unusual types you won't normally get to see in the UK, and a great backdrop for photography.

Peelie

Post by Peelie »

Mike wrote:
frank wrote:Mike , Multimap route planner reckons about 3.5 hours drive from Channel tunnel, does that sound about right based on your experience.
ta Frank

Sorry, only just noticed this. We took an early morning Shuttle from Folkestone on the Thursday before the show, lost an hour with the time difference, and were still sitting in a little cafe in La Ferte Alais town square having lunch with sufficient time to get to the airfield for the afternoon's flying practice, so I'd say probably 3 to 3.5 hours driving (non-stop) tops. As others have mentioned, this depends on the traffic around Paris - we hit it mid-morning on a Thursday and had no real issues.

It's a really great show, even in its current abbreviated form - it used to be an all-day event (with of course, being French, a 2-hour lunch break - how civilized!). I'd encourage anyone undecided about going to make the trip. Imagine the intimate atmosphere of Old Warden with more warbirds and jets too, some unusual types you won't normally get to see in the UK, and a great backdrop for photography.

Where is a good hotel close by :smile:

Tks Peelie

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Buchon & Hurricane XII added today. :smile:

frank

Post by frank »

Any idea if they have a practice day on the friday as well

Mike

Post by Mike »

Practice flying takes place on Wednesday to Friday

frank

Post by frank »

Just booked trip with Ian Allan - interesting to see they only go one day to LF - lightweights - willl have to make the second day under my own steam
anyone else signed up with IA

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Looks like the Memorial Flight aircraft have once again withdrawn - current list of based aircraft in the flying is as follows:

Blériot XI² Pégoud
Morane type H
2 x SE5
Fokker DR1 " Triplan"
Morane 138
2 x Morane 317
FW44 Stieglitz
Bucker BU133 "Jungmeister"
WACO UPF7
Ryan PT22
PT17 Stearman
Navy N3N
Morane 502
Fieseler Fi 156 "Storch"
Polikarpov PO2
Stinson Reliant
3 x NAT6
NA 68
A6M Zero
P40 Warhawk
P51D Mustang
AD4N Skyraider
2 x Yak11
Yak3U
B25 Mitchell
Douglas DC3
JU52 3m
Beech 18S

st24

Post by st24 »

EMarsh wrote:Looks like the Memorial Flight aircraft have once again withdrawn -

:mad: T'was only a matter of time I s'pose. If only they would at least get the bloody things out in the open air...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

frank

Post by frank »

[quote="EMarsh"]Looks like the Memorial Flight aircraft have once again withdrawn

Sorry for being a bit slow but what were the memorial flight
thanks Frank

BenG

Post by BenG »

frank wrote:Sorry for being a bit slow but what were the memorial flight
thanks Frank

See: http://memorial.flight.free.fr/indexuk.html

st24

Post by st24 »

BenG wrote:
frank wrote:Sorry for being a bit slow but what were the memorial flight
thanks Frank

See: http://memorial.flight.free.fr/indexuk.html

Or in other words, some really nice aerolanes that would make a great show even beter but even though they are based there, they can't be arsed to participate!.... :mad:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Flying programme now up. I didn't realise Stephen Grey had been knighted... :whistle:

Flight schedule
Warning: program not contractual way that may be modified

Cent Ans d’aéronautique navale : largage paras, 2 x Douglas DC-3, Nord 1100, NA68, NAT6, 2x Rafale, 2x SEM, Hawkeye
Evocation de l’histoire des marins volants La Marine offre au public un show dynamique exceptionnel
Le Temps d'un Pionnier : Blériot XI-2
L’Aube des As : 2 R.A.F S.E.5, 3 Fokker Dr.1, Nieuport 17, 1 TP31 Schöenikett
Les as et les combats aériens de 14/18.
Les Ailes Parasols :Morane-Saulnier MS.138, Potez 60, 2 Morane-Saulnier MS 317
L’aviation des années 1930 en France.
Valse des Aigles :Bücker Bü 133, Fw-44 Stieglitz
Les avions d’entraînement allemands d’avant guerre.
Barnstormer :Waco UPF-7, Ryan PT-22
L’aviation américaine des années 1930.
Du coté du Rhin :Storch Fi-156, Morane-Saulnier MS-502, Junkers Ju-52/3M, Focke Wulf Fw-190, P-51D Mustang
Duo du Storch et du Morane-Saulnier MS 502 (après guerre, les usines Françaises Morane & Saulnier fabriquent des Storch MS 502).
Junkers Ju-52 célèbre transporteur de troupe et l’avion à tout faire de la Luftwaffe.
P-51D Mustang et Focke Wulf Fw-190 : les ennemis intimes se retrouvent en paix.
La Bataille d’Angleterre :Tiger Moth, Spitfire Mk Vb, Hurricane Mk I, Hurricane Mk XIIa, Messerschmitt Bf-109 Buchon
70 ans : la RAF « Nos gens tiennent bon !», W. Churchill. 5 avions historiques dirigés par Sir Stephen Grey.
Les Faucons de Staline : Polikarpov Po-2, Polikarpov I-16, 2 Yakovlev Yak-3, 2 Yakovlev Yak-11, Yakovlev Yak-3U
7 avions retracent ici l’histoire de l’Aviation de Staline.
TOLA ! TOLA ! TOLA ! : PT-13 Stearman, Naval Aircraft Factory N3N, 4 T-6 Texan, 1 NA-68, 1 A6M Zéro, 1 Curtiss P-40N
“Effets spéciaux pyrotechnie” séquence cinéma.
Tokyo30s : B-25 Mitchell « Russel Raiders » + Zéro
Le Pacifique et le raid sur Tokyo.
EVAA :Extra 330 LC Renaud Ecalle
L’’Ecole de Voltige de l’Armée de l’Air avec le champion du monde en titre.
Planeur l'art du vol :3 Lo 100
Le pilotage de précision, trois planeurs anciens ; présentation voltige en patrouille
Baby Fly : Cricri, Nord 3202
Le plus petit avion au monde exécute des prouesses avec son grand frère.
Invitation aux Voyages : Stinson Reliant, Beech 18, Junkers Ju-52 Ju Air, Antonov An-2, Falcon 900EX
L’aviation à travers les voyages aériens.
Big Engine :Spitfire Mk XIX, T-28 Trojan, AD-4N Skyraider
La quintescence du piston et de l’hélice ….
Rafale AA : Présentation Alpha Armée de l’Air
Voltigeur :Cap 20 ex EVAA
Final la Ferté Alais : Défilé final de 12 warbirds pour le plaisir des photographes
Patrouille de France :PAF 8 Alphajet

frank

Post by frank »

Just got back tonight from a long hot weekend in Paris, La Ferte was a great event with many highlights - French Navy Set piece, Tora Tora Tora with the Zero, FW190, PO2 and much more - will post some photos later in week. Fantastic airshow with sun behind us all day.