Airshow Turkiye 2011, International Spotters Day

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Inthrustwetrust

Re: Airshow Turkiye 2011, International Spotters Day

Post by Inthrustwetrust »

Hi Dennis,

Yes i went to many an airshow before the internet.

And please note i was not blaming Eric directly as i'm sure he has plenty on his plate.
However if you come on here as an organiser promising 'spotters packages' including accommodation packages etc, then as someone putting yourself up for this position and not delivering on your promises you leave yourself open to criticism.

This is exacerbated by the lack of information regarding said packages until the mail of the other week stating that you travel to and from the show on your own plans, nothing about accomodation and quite frankly a vague promise of a descent place for spotters to stand. (no mention of ammenities etc as i'm sure its bound to be hot, and shade will be at a premium).

Yes spotters want more, but they are in general willing ot pay for it. I'd have paid for a RIAT type grandstand seat etc, accomodation/travel and entry package etc. but these were not forthcoming.

I am positive it will be a great show, but i did (my own fault) hang on for updates (not of aircraft, but packages) and now it is not justifyable for me and my colleagues in terms of high plane fares, hotels, car hire etc when i can go to more exotic places for the same or less, and have less organising hassle so late in the day.

cheers
Dave
Canon 6D, 50D & 600d
Canon 28-105 &100-400 L usm lens

Aviation pics on davejonesphotography/zenfolio/

Aviation PhotoCrew

Post by Aviation PhotoCrew »

Just a quick reply from me, as I do keep an eye on all the posts across Europe :wink:

In november 2010 the plans were build in Ankara at the TuAF headquaters for the very first spotterdays in their country. As a foreign member of the Centennial Team ( overlooking all celebrations regarding the 100th anniversary of the Airforce ) , I have provided my input and advise for the last 6 months in order to set-up a really impressive event. Based on the original plans, and my suggestions ( and I know very well what spotters expect/want/hope for ) it would have been without any question the best spotterdays in the world for 2011.
And so I communicated this info to all of you across Europe.....if I would not have started posts on the various forums, nobody would have even known their was a spottersevent!!

Unfortunately along the way of preparation it has become clear to me that ( as I mentioned it many times before ) , the organisation of a largescale event is done far different from the 'european' way....at the end of the day mountains of work done by the Centennial Team still can be decided differently by a higher command, and it did several times. Yes it is dissapointing, and yes it is frustrating ( believe me, I was not happy - soft expression here - to learn that even the external communication agency contracted for the events had voted and strongly advised against a spottersday, months after all the work was done!! ) , but at least I did my best to convince everyone that their had to be a spottersday no matter what ( knowing that so many of you have already booked flights and accomodation )

So yes, there are still spotterdays in Turkey, it is unique for their country, and most of all they will be free!
But if you decide to go, keep an open mind please and don't compare it to the wellknown spotterevents over here. I pushed to have the acces free, because so many of you have raised hopes and expectations that might not be met....
So what to expect......? well, even at this stage I don't even know myself...

Registrations; I have strongly suggested to accept everybody present at the gates, no matter what, because the registration procedure on the website is far from ideal.
Spotting inside airbase: positions I was shown are ok, but not superb ( I still try to arrange positions closer to the active runway and flightline )
Spotting outside base : I advised to allow spotting outside base ( and I was told that police will allow spotting in ther airshowweek ) , because I regard some spots at the southside better as inside ( especially for approach pictures )

What to see? Oh well....I'm only the messenger - again - so be happy to see anything flying at all. If there is an 'inventory flypast' in the airshow ( still undecided a few weeks ago ), then you will see the full rehursal on fridayafternoon ( and spotters would be allowed to stand at the opposite side of the runway, sun in your back - if not go outside! ) and it - would - include certainly some interesting stuff and formations. If there is no 'inventory flypast' , then there is no TuAF flying apart from the Solo Turk & Turkish Stars ....
For the non TuAF aircraft I can only hope/wish/advise there will be at least a few of the more interesting participants flying on friday...

It's just wait & see, and the reason why it took so long to give you any realiable information or updates ( or news on packages ) is that there simply were NO updates...Still now it's gonna be a big surprise what it will be in reality. Based on my experience of 1,5 years I can only say again not to raise your hopes too high, keep an open mind and at least you'll have some kind of a holiday as well :wink:

greetz, Eric

Nielis

Post by Nielis »

Eric you did a great job.

We all should be gratefull that there is a Airshow and a kind of spottersday in Turkey.

Still if non of the foreign participants will show up it is still awesome to see the turkish stuff.

habu21

Post by habu21 »

Eric you did a great job.

I agree, It cant be easy to organise such things in a country that practically has no airshows at all....well done Eric... :smile:

I have booked to go, submitted my application and have everything crossed. What will happen will happen, quite exciting really.

The only thing that will really 'get my goat' is if it rains...... :lol:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Nielis wrote:Eric you did a great job.

We all should be gratefull that there is a Airshow and a kind of spottersday in Turkey.

Still if non of the foreign participants will show up it is still awesome to see the turkish stuff.

What you mean the F16 and Turkish stars,as according to Eric,(and as he said,he is just the messenger,so not knocking him on),but maybe a possibility that those 2 acts will be the only Turkish aircraft flying,which seems very strange considering it's all about there anniversary,be a great shame if no other Turkish stuff tock to the air on for the show,hopefully a full static line up at least,guess I'll never get to see another F4 demo again:(,anyway still looking forward to the show.

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Very strange, no not at all, during the Archangel Airshow in Greece in 2005 which was the HAF's 80th anniversary show and the first airshow in the country for yonks, the only real aerobatic display the HAF provided was one by a T-6 Texan. There was also a dogfight demo between F-16s and Mirage 2000s and a 40+ aircraft airfield attack... :smile:
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

TonyO wrote:Very strange, no not at all, during the Archangel Airshow in Greece in 2005 which was the HAF's 80th anniversary show and the first airshow in the country for yonks, the only real aerobatic display the HAF provided was one by a T-6 Texan. There was also a dogfight demo between F-16s and Mirage 2000s and a 40+ aircraft airfield attack... :smile:

Oh well maybe iam just not getting it then

shaggie

Post by shaggie »

just had a reply from spotters day ,i'm on :biggrin:

Sid-104

Post by Sid-104 »

Don't know if anyone's still looking for flights to Ismir, but I had an e-mail from Pegasus Airlines today saying they have 30% off all international flights to Turkey from the 1st to 30th June. Stansted is the airport used by them for UK travellers.Not sure how long the offers on for but hope this helps anyone still wanting to go.

Sid.

Bandit01

Post by Bandit01 »

Confirmation mail hs arrived, Cigli AB here we come!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Once a sheep always a sheep....

8TH FS
49TH FW
Holloman AFB, New Mexico

Visit us @ www.bandit-shirts.be

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Dutch f16 added to flying display and Mig 29 and Saab 105 now showing as flyers aswell :smile:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Conformation email has arrived! :biggrin:

Quid59

Post by Quid59 »

a bunch was sent with some ccs visible

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

:yahoo:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Extra participants showing in Turkish format of website are

Italy

Frecci tricolori
Typhoon
Amx
C27

RAF

Tucano

Romania

IAR 99

All listed as flyers :smile:

So full run down if i may is so far......

Turkey
F16 solo F/D
Turkish Stars(NF-5'S) F/D
Ali İsmet ÖZTÜRK(Stearman pt-17) F/D

RAF
Red Arrows(Hawks) F/D
Tucano F/D

Italy
Frecci Tricolori(MB-339'S) F/D
AMX F/D
Typhoon F/D
C27 F/D

USAF
Thunderbirds(F-16'S) F/D

France
Patrouille de France(Alphajets) F/D

Poland
Team Iskry(TS-11'S) F/D
CN-295 S

Romania
IAR-99 F/D & S
C27 S

Pakistan
Sherdils (K8'S) F/D
JF-17 F/D & S
F16 F/D

Germany
Typhoon S

Slovakia
Mig 29 F/D
AN-26 S

Croatia
Krila Oluje (PC9 TEAM) F/D

Jordan
F16 S

Algeria
C-130 S

Serbia
AN-26 S

Austria
Saab J-105 F/D & S

Netherlands
F16 F/D

Belgium
F16 F/D

Well think that's it for moment,sure there will be support A/C and lots of Turkish stuff to come,what a show :biggrin:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Was a bit skeptical beforehand about lack of updates for the show, but the Italians have just changed my mind! Frecce, AMX, C-27J AND Typhoon!! :drool:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Wonder if the base can fit all this stuff in or some display teams will use the airport or another base? :smile:

st24

Post by st24 »

AARDVARK wrote:Extra participants showing in Turkish format of website are

Italy

Frecci tricolori
Typhoon
Amx
C27

RAF

Tucano

Romania

IAR 99

All listed as flyers :smile:

So full run down if i may is so far......

Turkey
F16 solo F/D
Turkish Stars(NF-5'S) F/D
Ali İsmet ÖZTÜRK(Stearman pt-17) F/D

RAF
Red Arrows(Hawks) F/D
Tucano F/D

Italy
Frecci Tricolori(MB-339'S) F/D
AMX F/D
Typhoon F/D
C27 F/D

USAF
Thunderbirds(F-16'S) F/D

France
Patrouille de France(Alphajets) F/D

Poland
Team Iskry(TS-11'S) F/D
CN-295 S

Romania
IAR-99 F/D & S
C27 S

Pakistan
Sherdils (K8'S) F/D
JF-17 F/D & S
F16 F/D

Germany
Typhoon S

Slovakia
Mig 29 F/D
AN-26 S

Croatia
Krila Oluje (PC9 TEAM) F/D

Jordan
F16 S

Algeria
C-130 S

Serbia
AN-26 S

Austria
Saab J-105 F/D & S

Netherlands
F16 F/D

Belgium
F16 F/D

Well think that's it for moment,sure there will be support A/C and lots of Turkish stuff to come,what a show :biggrin:

Well thats all fine and dandy but who's singing in the concert... I'm waiting for that to decide if I'm going or not?? :wat:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Lol yes,all this but no Alexandra Burke yet :lol:

wamovements

Post by wamovements »

Sorry Guys, she will be at Corke festival on June 4th. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Starting from Issue 406 Scramble Magazine is a full colour magazine, another reason to subscribe!

Glenn Wheeler

Post by Glenn Wheeler »

I am going on a trip organized by TAS (The Aviation Society)
to this show and I believe they have places available.

http://tasmanchester.co.uk/TAS_TOURS.html

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

A member on scramble has stated that the Bulgarian Air Force WON'T bring the Su 25, but instead a MiG 29, PC-9 and C-27J, all for static display! Fine by me! :clap: :cool:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Just wondering whether any members have a spare seat to get to the showground? Otherwise, I'll just get the shuttle bus from Izmir central! :smile:

Sid-104

Post by Sid-104 »

Is any one still waiting for a reply on the spotter days pass? I applied the following day after Rob posted that the site was taking applications but haven't had a reply, so I am thinking I'm out of luck. Might still go for a spot outside. Is anyone else thinking likewise? Eric said the police would be ok with that so I hope that is the case.

Sid.

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Sid

I hadnt recieved a confirmation and alot had on here so i emailed/forwarded to them my application again.
Next Day i had a reply for both requests! LOL

Kieran PM me RE your hotel and dates staying..
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"