NATO Tiger Meet 2012

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
zigzag

Re: NATO Tiger Meet 2012

Post by zigzag »

From what I can see the passenger ferry leaves Trondheim at 06.15, arrival at Brekstadt at 07.25, which should give ample time to walk to the base. Return time is 16.00 or 19.00 with Trondheim arrivals at 17.10 or 20.10. These are for the Friday spottersday. The fare looks to be 215NOK each way (about £45 return) and I imagine it will be a nice trip.

However, if planning also to do the airshow on the Saturday the passenger ferry isnt an option as there isnt a morning boat, so it may well have to be a drive that day, which may be problematical in getting a car ferry as I would expect the airshow to draw a bigger crowd.

Does anyone know if there will be additional boats operating on Saturday? it would make sense but I cant find any info on this at present.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Bit of info on the boat service for you all.

I have had it confirmed by the boat company that there are no plans for additional (ie earlier) boats for the show and as the first boat from Trondheim on Saturday is at 14.30, thats a non starter.

So for Saturday it looks like a drive is in order for those staying in Trondheim.

Fridays times are confirmed as those in my earlier post.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

zigzag wrote:Bit of info on the boat service for you all.

I have had it confirmed by the boat company that there are no plans for additional (ie earlier) boats for the show and as the first boat from Trondheim on Saturday is at 14.30, thats a non starter.

So for Saturday it looks like a drive is in order for those staying in Trondheim.

Fridays times are confirmed as those in my earlier post.

thanks zigzag for that information, most helpful. Do you know if you have to pre book tickets for either ferry?

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Sorry Niallxg I dont know, because there isnt a suitable boat on the Saturday I will be going with the hire car option for both days and so I didnt enquire further. However, I couldnt find any online booking for the boat and would presume you just turn up at the dockkside and get a ticket.

Have to say Im disappointed about the boat, I quite fancied the idea of travelling to a show by boat, its no soemthing thats usually possible.
#MOT

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

zigzag wrote:Sorry Niallxg I dont know, because there isnt a suitable boat on the Saturday I will be going with the hire car option for both days and so I didnt enquire further. However, I couldnt find any online booking for the boat and would presume you just turn up at the dockkside and get a ticket.

Have to say Im disappointed about the boat, I quite fancied the idea of travelling to a show by boat, its no soemthing thats usually possible.

Thanks zigzag.

Plan to take the passenger ferry on the Friday and then driving on the Saturday for the car ferry.

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Hi Niallxg

It seems to be just you and me going from the folks on this board :smile:
#MOT

shaggie

Post by shaggie »

I'll be there or abouts !! :wink: :wink:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Some items in the flying display include:

MiG 29
F-18 Hornet
F-16
RNoAF F-16 Solo
RNoAF F-16 Four Ship
Catalina
Vampires
SAAB Safari
Spitfire
F-86 Sabre

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

To those of you who have attended similar shows in the past, I see that the programme states that there will be less than two hours of flying, is this normal for a tiger meet show?

robotech

Post by robotech »

Check out the NATO Tiger Meet facebook. There are boats going to Brekstad from Trondheim on 2 June now. :)

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

robotech wrote:Check out the NATO Tiger Meet facebook. There are boats going to Brekstad from Trondheim on 2 June now. :)

Checked out the official website for the show, and seen the news regarding the ferries. If I read it correctly, you pay for the ferry on the Spottersday on the day. However, it states for the Saturday tickets must be booked in advance - does anyone know where these can be booked? I've checked out http://www.kystekspressen.no, but the site's English version doesn't seem to be working and not altogether clear how you book the tickets for the the Saturday.

If anyone else has successfully booked the tickets can they let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Niall

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Niallxg wrote:If anyone else has successfully booked the tickets can they let me know?
Niall

Hi Niall

The news of the Saturday boats has thrown my plans and Ive had to do a bit of rearranging such as changing hotels and cancelling the cars. Anyway, things are looking good.

Ive managed to get tickets for the Saturday boats, not yet sussed out the Friday ones but Im working on it (though I imagine that you will get them at the dockside before sailing).

To get tickets for the Sat boats go to the ferry news page on the airshow site, then go down to the bottom before all the facebook stuff and there are two lines - Brekstadt to Trondheim & Trondheim to Brekstadt (or something like that), click on each of these in turn and that will take you through to booking the ticket for each journey. You have to book and pay for each leg separately, which is a bit nerve wracking after youve boked the first one hoping that the second leg will go through OK and not leave you marooned in Brekstadt. :smile:

If anyones works out how to get Friday boat tickets can you let me know please.
#MOT

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

zigzag wrote:
Niallxg wrote:If anyone else has successfully booked the tickets can they let me know?
Niall

Hi Niall

The news of the Saturday boats has thrown my plans and Ive had to do a bit of rearranging such as changing hotels and cancelling the cars. Anyway, things are looking good.

Ive managed to get tickets for the Saturday boats, not yet sussed out the Friday ones but Im working on it (though I imagine that you will get them at the dockside before sailing).

To get tickets for the Sat boats go to the ferry news page on the airshow site, then go down to the bottom before all the facebook stuff and there are two lines - Brekstadt to Trondheim & Trondheim to Brekstadt (or something like that), click on each of these in turn and that will take you through to booking the ticket for each journey. You have to book and pay for each leg separately, which is a bit nerve wracking after youve boked the first one hoping that the second leg will go through OK and not leave you marooned in Brekstadt. :smile:

If anyones works out how to get Friday boat tickets can you let me know please.

Cheers zigzag.

I'll have ago at booking the ferry for the Saturday. I agree, from reading the website it looks like tickets for the Friday can be purchased before boarding on the day. Things are indeed looking good, should be a good event.

robotech

Post by robotech »

If you need the links to book the tickets, they are below.

Coastal express Trondheim - Brekstad, Brekstad - Trondheim NATO Tiger Air Show.

Tickets in red must be bought on Internet.

Brekstad - Trondheim:
https://pay.ebillett.no/velg_antall.php ... 85&lang=en

Trondheim - Brekstad:
https://pay.ebillett.no/velg_antall.php ... 83&lang=en

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Just noticed that they have put the final programme for the show up, and I have decided not to go... The flying programme is as follows

Norway
F-16 solo
F-16 4 ship formation
Safari

Belgium
F-16 solo

Switzerland
F-18 solo

Civilian
Catalina
Vampire

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Norwegian Tigermeet organizers might think all rest of the world should learn norwegian language too, according to their facebook page. :loser: Flying displays at Tigermeets are rare as I know, I would go for spotters day on Friday IF I would go. But TBH the participants list is nothing to write home about. :)

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Just to clear things up a bit, there will be no display by the Belgian F-16 solo display team, or the Swiss F-18 solo display team at Ørlandet. There will be an F-16 from Belgium flying, and an F-18 from Switzerland, but this wont be full displays. Which means that the only displays at the show will be by the RNoAF solo F-16, the Duxford Catalina and the two Norwegian Vampires.