Wittmund "F-4 Retirement" - June 2013

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
ChrischMue

Re: Wittmund "F-4 Retirement" - June 2013

Post by ChrischMue »

Saturday is an Open Day! No need to register anything! :wave:

As there are more then 100.000 visitors expected, it would take ages if all visitors have to register and be checked at the entrance!
For the spottersday on Friday you will have to register.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

A few more additions to the static display including USAFE A10 & F15, Spanish Hornet, RAF Hawk, Hellenic Phantom, Belgian Alpha Jet and the based Skyhawks.

st24

Post by st24 »

DeanW wrote:A few more additions to the static display including USAFE A10 & F15, Spanish Hornet, RAF Hawk, Hellenic Phantom, Belgian Alpha Jet and the based Skyhawks.

Very nice. No doubt about it, you've gotta leave the UK to see tasty aeroplanes (RAF Hawk aside of couurse!) this year...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

DeanW wrote:A few more additions to the static display including USAFE A10 & F15, Spanish Hornet, RAF Hawk, Hellenic Phantom, Belgian Alpha Jet and the based Skyhawks.

Lovely! All coming together very nicely.

Being greedy now, but it would be great if Greece and Turkey between them could cover both standard and recce Phantoms.

Can't wait for this event! :rock:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

There'll be 3 hours of flying on the Saturday too :smile:
http://www.phantom-pharewell.de/tag-der-offenen-tuer

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

DeanW wrote:There'll be 3 hours of flying on the Saturday too :smile:
http://www.phantom-pharewell.de/tag-der-offenen-tuer

Unfortunately with respect to the location and rules: Germany. :wink:

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Registration for the spottersday closes next Tuesday 30th April. Get in there quickly if you haven't already!

Inthrustwetrust

Post by Inthrustwetrust »

Ye gods, how many people will be aloud on base for the spottersday then? sounds like a cast of thousands. :shock:
Canon 6D, 50D & 600d
Canon 28-105 &100-400 L usm lens

Aviation pics on davejonesphotography/zenfolio/

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Unsurprisingly the USAFE assets have cancelled as well as the German NH90 and Tiger. :sad:

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Thats a sh*t ^^ , Does anyone have the link to what is going please, I can't find it?

Thanks!
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

ChrischMue

Post by ChrischMue »

Inthrustwetrust wrote:Ye gods, how many people will be aloud on base for the spottersday then? sounds like a cast of thousands. :shock:

There are about 3.000 Registrations by now!

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

DeanW wrote:Unsurprisingly the USAFE assets have cancelled as well as the German NH90 and Tiger. :sad:

Whilst I was pleased, I was also hugely surprised that the USAFE assets appeared on the list in the first place. For them to appear and then disappear in the space of a week, however, is highly bizarre and smacks of the RIAT nonsense with the Spanish Mirage F1s two years ago.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

st24

Post by st24 »

Skyflash wrote:Whilst I was pleased, I was also hugely surprised that the USAFE assets appeared on the list in the first place. For them to appear and then disappear in the space of a week, however, is highly bizarre and smacks of the RIAT nonsense with the Spanish Mirage F1s two years ago.

I think that's very unfair on the Wittmund organisers to compare them to that debacle..... :confused:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Did anyone else read the message posted on Phantom-Pharewell.de Facebook page today?

Hey spotters,

just some short words on our special event for you guys tomorrow.

- It does make no sense to register, when you live far away
and you can´t organize a visit within a week (+/-).
- The registration process will be done by a professional
event-management-system.
- We ( phantom-pharewell) do not have any influence on the
registration success.
- First come, first serve
- There will be a huge run on the page at 07:10h. So please
be gentle with your computer (and of course with us) in the
case of not being successful.

Is that another registration process? Or another event?

https://www.facebook.com/pharewell?fref=ts

Nevermind looks like a event for the unavailing of one of the special tails http://phantom-pharewell.de/spotterday/ ... y-spotters
Gary

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

I'm a bit of a luddite and don't use Facebook but having looked at the Facebook page I couldn't find any reference to the "71 Spotters" event. Am I right in thinking that this is on its way or am I just being thick and it's there but I have haven't found it? Thanks in advance for any guidance by those more up to date than me.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

On the FB page, they advised people who don't live locally not to apply for the special 71 event (to witness the first flight of the special paint scheme).

FX102

Post by FX102 »

Sure has been a long time since my last post.

Ok, I know I'm leaving this real late but the recent talk on the FB page got me slightly nervous (although that turned out to be another event).

I applied for my registration for the spotters day months ago and a few days later received an email from the squadron confirming my registration (the text in the email) and a PDF with the words "Registration Confirmed" at the top, along with rules and regulations and the timeline of events (the one with Von Richthoven in the background).

I was just a bit nervous that I received nothing with either of our names (myself and my father) or Registration Numbers, Confirmation Numbers etc.

Was this the same as everyone else (if not a quick reply would be most appreciated as I'd have to hurry up before the end of today)?

Inthrustwetrust

Hi FX,

I have a confirmation letter from the organisers but no ticket etc.

I presume at the moment you show up with your paperwork (confirmation) and they have your passport details of file now, so they match 1 with the other.

however as the closing date for the event registration is today I believe , I can still be wrong and they will be sending out 3000 tickets, but I think that unlikely.

cheers
Dave
Canon 6D, 50D & 600d

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

Robs - Thanks for the reply. I have seen that page and it mentions "see our Facebook page" but I can't find anything on the Facebook page itself that refers to "71 lucky spotter". Mystified as to whether names are drawn out of a hat or whether people are supposes to apply in which case I'm sure that all attendees on the Friday will apply!

SpitfireSteve

Post by SpitfireSteve »

Rumwolf, the 71 lucky spotters was a specific competition for today only. It was for the first 71 people to click the link at 7.10am this morning for an invite to an undisclosed event. They said there is no point applying if you are not local and can't get there at short notice. Do not worry this had nothing to do with the event on 28th June.

Steve
Steve

http://www.avrovulcan.com

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Oh if only I weren't a poor student. I'd give my future firstborn to attend this, the Phantom is just my favourite aircraft and to see the final flight of the Luftwaffe ones...
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

Steve - many thanks for explaining that. Much appreciated. You've put my mind at rest.

Inthrustwetrust

Hi everyone,

Just hoping for a few answers to a set of questions I have regarding my trip to Wittmund later next month if anyone can help please?

1) Taking pictures and getting access to the 3 main airframes in Aurich, easy or impossible?
2) Same for celebrity row in Leeuwarden.
3) Is there a good place to photograph the 16's at Leeuwarden?
4) Jever, worth a visit?

Any tips for other airframes and airfields nearby?
cheers
Dave
Canon 6D, 50D & 600d

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

I'm not sure how easy it is to photograph the Aurich airframes, but I know their Phantom was up for sale a couple of months ago, so it may well have moved by the time the event comes around.

I'd be interested to know what Jever's like too as there are a few preserved airframes on the airfield. We're going to Nordholz museum on the Sunday, which isn't too big a drive from Wittmund.

RDAF T-17 has been added to static display too :smile: