Reims or Zeltweg

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
frank

Reims or Zeltweg

Post by frank »

Dear all
Interested in views. I intend to go to one or other of these shows and trying to get some info either from someone who has attended Zeltweg as to which you would choose.
Reims
High profile, one off
Likely to have a high content of display teams
Spotter day for arrivals
Will cover century of aviation
Zeltweg
Good reputation but lost major sponsor this year - will be a smaller show than in past
Geographically could attract rare types
Spotters day for arrivals
Views please most welcome

Eizo

Re: Reims or Zeltweg

Post by Eizo »

frank wrote:Zeltweg
Good reputation but lost major sponsor this year - will be a smaller show than in past
Geographically could attract rare types
Spotters day for arrivals
Views please most welcome

Just to correct you: There is no loose of any sponsor. RedBull is still the sponsor this year, the only thing why it will be smaller than 2005 is that 2005 was a unique airshow, you cannot make the best airpower of all as a standard for future ones! ;-) And due to construction there is not as much space left any more. Luckily the place for public will stay where it was (sun in back! :D )

Not confirmed, but likely:

Patrouille Suisse
Hunter Flying Group
Frecce Tricolori (?)
Typhoon Overflight (One of each european Eurofighter countries)
all stuff Austrian Air Force can provide will be in the air

Not to forget, I do not know if you can stay in Reims 5m behind takeoff (OUTSIDE!) ;-) This for example was made from outside, from Karl Drage (UKAR): http://www.airliners.net/photo/Austria- ... 0967173/L/

Hard to say IMHO without knowing participants of both shows! ;)

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

I'd say Zeltweg is probably the more interesting of the two looking at previous shows there. Then again I don't have to choose and will just do both. :grin:

Cross Words

Post by Cross Words »

Koen L wrote:Then again I don't have to choose and will just do both. :grin:

Half do both?, or do you have a time machine? :grin:
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.