Radom Air Show 2015

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Pablo Zibi

Re: Radom Air Show 2015

Post by Pablo Zibi »

And propably last additions to program:
United States Air Force F-15C (x2) - S *
NATO AWACS - flypast - saturday only

They may be also from Air National Guard.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

According to the show's Facebook, USAF F-15 cancelled.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Surprise, surprise, the NATO E-3A has cancelled! :lmao: :lmao:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Wow, that didn't take long.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

That has to be a record time lol

DeeSmont

Post by DeeSmont »

But don't touch Hawk! :grin:

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

There was some mention of this above but I wondered if any regulars can give more info on the best way to enter the show. I will be arriving from the south by car. I see talk of parking on roads, park and ride, farmers fields etc. but any concise 'this is the best way' gratefully received!

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Traveller wrote:There was some mention of this above but I wondered if any regulars can give more info on the best way to enter the show. I will be arriving from the south by car. I see talk of parking on roads, park and ride, farmers fields etc. but any concise 'this is the best way' gratefully received!

I'm not a regular, as I have been to this show only once, but:
I don't think "park and ride" is a good option. When I was there, the buses were not very well organised. A huge crowd trying to get on the buses is one thing, that's normal at an event like this, but the parking attendants at the P+R parking lot could not tell us in the morning when / from where the buses would depart. So we chose to improvise and went on to find parking closer to the base. We left the car at the spot marked 5E on the below map (in front of the "Feniks Galeria" shopping mall - https://goo.gl/maps/DhE7l ). We'll also be arriving from the south, and we'll be aiming for the same parking lot (or perhaps 5F) this year. 5E is a 20 minute walk from the base, 5F is maybe 5 minutes less. In 2011, the parking fee was 30 PLN / car / day.
Needless to say, arriving early might be a good idea to find a decent parking spot and avoid traffic jams.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

That's great lead foot, very helpful. I will go to 5 c,d,e or f. Is arriving at 0800 ok do you think?

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Traveller wrote:Is arriving at 0800 ok do you think?

I can only tell you that we got there at 07:30 (the gates opened at 08:00), and there was absolutely no sign of a traffic jam. However, these parking areas were not on the official maps in 2011.

DeeSmont

Post by DeeSmont »

Be ready for Polish F-16 Demo.

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

DeeSmont wrote:Be ready for Polish F-16 Demo.

It'll look good in the rain... :mad:

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

24c and mostly sunny with a huge high over central Europe is what I am reading right now. I don't take much note until 2 days before but if that high does turn out to be there then it's looking very good.

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Weather was perfect today with lots of sun, around 25 C, light wind from the east.
Landings from the west (RWY 07) - at least in the afternoon after our arrival.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Sat having a £1 beer the night before in a hotel with spa that is £19. Inc. breakfast! I've just seen the display list, hang your head in shame Britain and raf. If u haven't seen it it is only available on the polish version of the site, but it's easy to work out. Split in two pages roughly am and pm. Even list take off, duration and runway vacated times.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Brilliant day. I've never seen so many food outlets and toilets for starters. Parked for free in M1 shopping outlet next to where they were charging where Lead foot mentioned. Romanian 21 great to see. Tricolori streets ahead again of any team. Polish huge fly past at start puts Britain to shame. Hawk crew told me they didn't even get a luggage pod, had their spare clothes around them in the cockpit, where is the UK going.........

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

And the most British visitors I've heard at a foreign show. Spotted by their note pads and pens and scribbling the numbers of the tow bars of the covered aircraft! Hope the bars were the actual ones of that aircraft!! Anyone else pull back the camo curtain in the hangar by the chipmunk to reveal more trainers?

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Agreed, it was a great day, similartly to Friday rehersals/arrivals.
We arrived very early, and I was able to park my car just outside the base (for 40 PLN, but split 4 ways...), and clenched some front row seats. The static was nothing special this year. We were a bit sad not to see the Hungarian Gripen or An-26, but since HuAF has recently lost two Gripens and they're starting the deployment to the Baltic air policing mission the day after tomorrow, that's understandable...

The Polish flypast was great, I counted 64 aircraft. HuAF currently has a total of maybe 17...

In my opinion, the best solo display was delivered by the Italian Typhoon, and the best team display by the Frecce.

The weather was good with a 15 minute shower in the afternoon - nothing a good raincoat or umbrella couldn't tackle.

We left the base around 20:00, and the Slovakian MiG-29 flew around 19:30 amidst some amazing lights and a beautiful backdrop for the amazing afterburner flames.

(Aren't you staying in Hotel Olenka by any chance?)

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Yes I was in Olenka last night! In Katowice now. Will call in at Vyskov museum tomorrow near Brno. I left during the Czech Hind display. How was SU22 pair? I've seen them and the Slovaks a few times so wanted to get out early and hit the 3 hour drive to Katowice.

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Traveller wrote:Yes I was in Olenka last night! In Katowice now. Will call in at Vyskov museum tomorrow near Brno. I left during the Czech Hind display. How was SU22 pair? I've seen them and the Slovaks a few times so wanted to get out early and hit the 3 hour drive to Katowice.

Too bad I didn't think of this earlier... we were very close to an UKAR mini-meet. :smile:
We also left early on Sunday, during the RJ Falcons' display (around 3:00 pm), as one of us had to work on Monday, and we had a 9-hour drive ahead of us (+ 2 for me to get home).

We travelled to Radom on Thursday, and we had a nice little preview: one has to pass the Sliac air base when driving from Budapest to Radom, and the Slovakian 29 was practicing when we passed by (needless to say: we stopped to watch).

The organisation was fine, except the low number of toilets (I clocked a waiting time of 22 minutes), and the lack of sufficeient info in English (e.g. on the website). Plus the thing with the drinks at the gate... anyway, each of us managed to smuggle in three or four 0.5 litre bottles of water. :grin:

On Sunday, we watched the show from the fence. Got up early, and reserved a great spot on top of one of the debris piles. Of course, the place was full of spotters on Thursday and Friday, but the number of people at the southern side of the base was jawdropping. All the nearby fields were packed full of cars. Must have been thousands of people. I suspect that it won't be long before the organisers decide to do something about this - just as in Ostrava. Some of the displays took place directly over the crowd near the fence.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Traveller wrote:How was SU22 pair?
The low pass was low.

That is: too low for any other show for not pulling a red card. The tail definately didn't reach the top of the trees by quite some margin.

Anyone for the reason why we had all those sirens blaring on Saturday afternoon? Some people in my group were sure it was due to the Robinson crash, but I'm sure I saw that one still in the air after that emergency services concert.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

barte.k

Post by barte.k »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Traveller wrote:How was SU22 pair?

[..]
Anyone for the reason why we had all those sirens blaring on Saturday afternoon? Some people in my group were sure it was due to the Robinson crash, but I'm sure I saw that one still in the air after that emergency services concert.

Yep, the Robinson fell down, or rather, had a crash landing in the fields just a bit north of the airfield (http://www.tvn24.pl/wiadomosci-z-kraju, ... 70834.html)
rumours say they rant of fuel and didnt manage to fly long enough to refuel, descended and crash landed. No casualties, just two persons slightly injurred.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

That Robinson was hovering for hours, non-stop all day it seemed. Was it TV? In which case why not just have a tower? I thought the toilets were fine! The water thing didn't bother me as it was so cheap inside, also it was free if you wanted to queue at the dispensers. Look forward to some SU22 pics!!!

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic