Radom Air Show 2015

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
barte.k

Re: Radom Air Show 2015

Post by barte.k »

Traveller wrote:That Robinson was hovering for hours, non-stop all day it seemed. Was it TV? In which case why not just have a tower?

it was news tv chooper, correct (tvn24.pl), http://www.airplane-pictures.net/regist ... p?p=SP-TVN, registration SP-TVN
It was in the air for hours. On the radio I heard they said, that they're going to need refueling to get back to Warsaw, but, it seems, they didnt make it. I wonder why they couldnt refuel in Radom, or maybe didint want to? Anyway, everyone is ok, and that is most importnat.

Also - I can see you guys really liked the show in Poland:) I am still quite disappointed with no RAF representation in dynamic displays.. I heard that Radom organizers were sending invitation way too late for anything from UK to participate, but still, in the BoB 75th anniversary year they could have just tried a bit harder and make it;)

st24

Post by st24 »

Pringles wrote:

:shock: :clap:

It's not the best shot but surely that's just taking off or missed approach as you can see the u/ c retracting and the landing lights???
Any picture taken at Radom is better than mine as tonsillitis kept me in the UK.... :down: :sad:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Pablo Zibi

Post by Pablo Zibi »

st24 wrote:
Pringles wrote:

It's not the best shot but surely that's just taking off or missed approach as you can see the u/ c retracting and the landing lights???
Any picture taken at Radom is better than mine as tonsillitis kept me in the UK.... :down: :sad:

It's only screenshot of 1 frame from video. This low pass was part of single missed approach without touching runway followed by 60 degres climb with afterburner (Su-22 perform only single approach at the end of their routine because this particular display was the only one except from flypasts and CAS demo which don't start from Radom, but only difference in comparison to last years RIAT or 2015 Dęblin was limited number of missed approaches and no take-off of course).

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

barte.k wrote:[ I heard that Radom organizers were sending invitation way too late for anything from UK to participate, but still, in the BoB 75th anniversary year they could have just tried a bit harder and make it;)

Definitely not the case, invites went out months ago for MOD consideration. The reason I'm sure is costs and non-availability of display pilots and aircraft.

Does anyone know right now how many current military UK aircraft there are for display? I know of Typhoon, Chinook and Hawk. Is that it? If so that's pathetic.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Traveller wrote:Does anyone know right now how many current military UK aircraft there are for display? I know of Typhoon, Chinook and Hawk. Is that it? If so that's pathetic.

Applications for RAF display aircraft must be submitted by 30th September the year prior to the event. Assets that were available for flying displays from the Royal Air Force for 2015 are;
* RAF Aerobatic Team - (Red Arrows)
* RAF Parachute Display Team - (Falcons)
* RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
* RAF Typhoon Solo Display
* RAF Typhoon & Spitfire Synchro Display
* RAF Hawk T2 Role Demonstration
* RAF Tutor T1 Solo Display

Whilst I agree that the RAF was very poorly represented at Radom Airshow with a single Hawk T1 on static display, there are limited resources to go around and the event clashed with Bournemouth Air Fest which is a Priority Event for the RAF display teams as it is the UK's largest aviation event in footfall terms. Personally, I would have tasked 29(R) Squadron to provide the Typhoon FGR4 painted in Battle of Britain camouflage to Radom given the important anniversary and the huge part Polish aircrew played in the Battle of Britain.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Dear oh dear, to not even now have a Herc dropping off a vehicle or two followed by Tornados flying in with pyros. And 60 Chinooks I think we have? And not even a couple to fly at an event, Im not even talking about a full on display either. Oh well Im sure in 5 years we'll open shows with 5 Atlas, 1 Airseeker, 2 Voyagers, 5 Typhoons and 5 F35s...........................

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

st24 wrote:Any picture taken at Radom is better than mine as tonsillitis kept me in the UK.... :down: :sad:

I can sympathize, pneumonia had me stuck in Belgium :( Really regret missing this.

alizam

Post by alizam »

Chrisse wrote:
st24 wrote:Any picture taken at Radom is better than mine as tonsillitis kept me in the UK.... :down: :sad:

I can sympathize, pneumonia had me stuck in Belgium :( Really regret missing this.

sorry to hear that chrisse! hope you get well soon mate!

Alistair

st24

Post by st24 »

alizam wrote:
Chrisse wrote:

sorry to hear that chrisse! hope you get well soon mate!

Alistair

Yeh, I'm fine thanks for asking... :wave: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

st24 wrote:
Pringles wrote:

If this is what the fuzz is all about then I don't get it - looks like a rather normal missed approach to me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYkssILJ5s[/youtube]

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

When is the next Radom air show, is it 2017?

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Adie1980 wrote:When is the next Radom air show, is it 2017?
Normally, yes. Although if they would move it to Minsk and allow the public on the side where we were at the spottersday last Friday, I would be very happy.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Adie1980 wrote:When is the next Radom air show, is it 2017?

The Polish Air Force will celebrate its 100 year anniversary in 2018. They'll probably organise a show in that year. If so, they will either skip a year or hold shows in two consecutive years. But these are only my speculations...

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

Fantastic show, but boo hiss at these photographers... Completely rude and inconsiderate. I do have the good fortune to work airside occasionally, and trackside at motorsport events and I always try to be as courteous as I can to photographers behind the fence, unlike this bunch :mad:

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

"Pole Position" - Peter Reoch reports from Poland.

Image Image Image Image Image

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Isn't Radom a biennial show?

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

UKTopgun wrote:Isn't Radom a biennial show?
Normally yes, but it seems some rumours have turned up that the sequence might be a bit altered due to an upcoming Polish Air Force jubilee which the Polish military might want to celebrate with an airshow.

About the article, the first bit had me thinking if I visited a different show. No traffic problems getting in or out, official parking within reasonable distance of the ticket boots and entrance. Oh yeah, the security checks at RIAT are very thorough, even comparable with the checks at the former Iron Curtain, if you compare them to the "checks" at Radom.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program