International Sanicole Airshow: 9 & 11 September 2016

Re: International Sanicole Airshow: 9 & 11 September 2016

Postby Chrisse on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 8:57 am

New website is online, with tons of new participants. Check it out at www.sanicole.com :smile: Looking for an afterburner fix? ;) Ther's plenty to go around (Poland, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary and Belgium), in addition to the female world champion aerobatics (Aude Lemordant), helicopters (Super Puma, A109, AH-64, Otto), warbirds (Flying Bulls three-ship for instance), some teams (PC7 Team, Royal Jordanian Falcons, Red Devils, US Army Golden Knights, Breitling Wingwalkers, Aerosparx, ...), gliders, ... combining to form a well-rounded programme.
Chrisse

Postby The Baron on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:42 am

Not forgetting the Swedish Air Force Historic Flight. Worthy of a special mention considering the current CAA related rumours.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Chrisse on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:43 am

The Baron wrote:Not forgetting the Swedish Air Force Historic Flight. Worthy of a special mention considering the current CAA related rumours.

Didn't forget them (afterburners from Sweden ;) )
Chrisse

Postby Skyflash on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 12:29 pm

Amazing just how consistently good the Sanicole line-ups are, a real testament to the team behind the show. It's a pity that the sunset show is looking a bit 'thin' at the moment, wonder if that Polish MiG could be persuaded to fly an evening demo...? :whistle: Just imagine the fire spewing out of those burners at dusk!

Anyone know if there will be a Spotter's Day type-thing at KB on the Saturday, as per last year? That could be the deciding factor in whether or not I bother going.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Postby st24 on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:18 pm

Skyflash wrote:Anyone know if there will be a Spotter's Day type-thing at KB on the Saturday, as per last year? That could be the deciding factor in whether or not I bother going.

I don't see why not - it's been part of the Sanicole weekend for some years..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Thommo95 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 7:27 am

st24 wrote:
Skyflash wrote:Anyone know if there will be a Spotter's Day type-thing at KB on the Saturday, as per last year? That could be the deciding factor in whether or not I bother going.

I don't see why not - it's been part of the Sanicole weekend for some years..

Unfortunately speaking to friends in Belgium who have good communications with many on base it seems as though there will be no spottersday this year sadly.
Canon 500D - Canon 300mm F/4L IS USM
My Flickr
My Airliners
Thommo95

Postby Chrisse on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 1:03 pm

That is correct, no spottersday this year, back to the situation of 2012 and before. There's time to discover something else than aircraft :)
Chrisse

Postby st24 on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 1:31 pm

Chrisse wrote:That is correct, no spottersday this year, back to the situation of 2012 and before. There's time to discover something else than aircraft :)

Booh! Bloody Belgians denying us our spotting rights!! Seriously though, that's a real shame given the line up and how slick KB do things..
st24

Postby Skyflash on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 1:50 pm

Rubbish news indeed, although if I decide to go I might use the time to go and explore Maastricht, a city I have long been intending to visit.

...or relent and just go and shoot pictures at Eindhoven! :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Postby Chrisse on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm

Skyflash wrote:Rubbish news indeed, although if I decide to go I might use the time to go and explore Maastricht, a city I have long been intending to visit.

...or relent and just go and shoot pictures at Eindhoven! :grin:

Both are easily possible, no border checks overhere of course :grin:
Chrisse

Postby spotterwilliam on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 8:11 am

B-1B Flying at the sunset airshow
spotterwilliam

Postby G-CVIX on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 8:49 am

I was debating if I could afford this show this year but with that I am committed to being there!
G-CVIX

Postby Skyflash on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:07 am

spotterwilliam wrote:B-1B Flying at the sunset airshow

Dear God.

That thing spewing fire out of its backside at twilight will be an utterly extraordinary sight. :rock:
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Postby st24 on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:13 am

Has the Hungarian Gripen displayed anywhere?? :question:
st24

Postby DeanW on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:28 am

Just Varazdin I think this year!
DeanW

Postby st24 on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:15 pm

DeanW wrote:Just Varazdin I think this year!

Thought it had been a bit quiet! A pointless season then..
st24

Postby The Baron on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

Excellent show today at Sanicole. More "filler" I feel than previous years but still "filler" I wanted to watch. Swedish Historic Flight work fantastic but the Czech Gripen and Spanish F/A-18 stole the show. Special mention also to the Dutch Spit displaying to the Jurassic Park theme. Two of my favourite things in one!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Return to European Events