Malta International Airshow 2016

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
alizam

Malta International Airshow 2016

Post by alizam »

Hi ppl,

Things start shaping up for MIA 2016,

confirmed: Royal Navy Avenger (S)

TBC:
Team Iskry (F)
RAF King Air (F)

Havoc

Re: Malta International Airshow 2016

Post by Havoc »

Are they planning a nightshoot again?
I'm looking forward to doing this show again, especially the arrival and departure days!

alizam

Post by alizam »

Havoc wrote:Are they planning a nightshoot again?
I'm looking forward to doing this show again, especially the arrival and departure days!

As long as you have the spotters pass with you, most probably yes

rob68

Post by rob68 »

Won't be there this year, the Mrs chose this year. Have fun Havoc, good to see you at the museum after the departures on the Monday last year

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Sorry to hear you won't be there Rob, but I'll dedicate the night shoot in your honour! :ninja:

viggen

Post by viggen »

only 2 items confirmed on their web site. Doesn't look promising. can anyone update.

viggen

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

M-28 from the Polish Navy, static. AB-212 from Italian air force, flying. (both from Facebook)
No doubt the AFM will also take part but they tend to confirm quite late.

alizam

Post by alizam »

Chrisse wrote:M-28 from the Polish Navy, static. AB-212 from Italian air force, flying. (both from Facebook)
No doubt the AFM will also take part but they tend to confirm quite late.

Please wait for further updates. Once they are available they will be up on the website. The event is still a 3 months away. I am sure that some juicy items will be uploaded soon, as always

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Obviously, but I only listed what has been confirmed already and pre-empted a logical question about the AFM :) Didn't mean to imply nothing else would be added, sorry if I gave that impression.

FTS

Post by FTS »

I've met 2 chaps from Malta in the past month and both told me that the airshow this year is cancelled. Apparently something to do with a Rallying accident and no more large scale public events going ahead. I think that's what they said for the reason but don't quote me on that part. Either way both were very certain that there will be no airshow this year. I was interested in going otherwise.
facebook.com/shgpmedia
instagram.com/shgphotography86/
Youtube - SHGP Media

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

FTS wrote:I've met 2 chaps from Malta in the past month and both told me that the airshow this year is cancelled. Apparently something to do with a Rallying accident and no more large scale public events going ahead. I think that's what they said for the reason but don't quote me on that part. Either way both were very certain that there will be no airshow this year. I was interested in going otherwise.

I imagine if that were the case they'd have made an announcement by now? The website is listing the show days and there are several confirmations.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

FTS

Post by FTS »

Which surprises me because they were both very certain of it and disappointed by the decision. The group of Dutch guys I travelled to Turkey with for Anatolian Eagle had also heard the same information. I can only pass on what I have heard.
facebook.com/shgpmedia
instagram.com/shgphotography86/
Youtube - SHGP Media

viggen

Post by viggen »

Have email the aviation society for information now nearly 10 days still no reply. Rumour is the show has been cancelled. No updates now since March on their web page. Can anybody shine any light on the situation. Usually at this point the participation list is well padded. Cheers

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

I´ve been in touch with one of the organisers and he maintains that the show has not been cancelled. Friends I have on the island know not much more. There should be an announcement shortly - hopefully a positive one. That´s all I know right now.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Team Iskry officially confirmed.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

viggen

Post by viggen »

only 3 items confirmed so far on the website.

viggen

Post by viggen »

Something doesn't seem right with the airshow this year.

Viggen

Timc

Post by Timc »

It's about this time of year I start booking flights and accommodation for this show and like Viggen I am slightly worried with the lack of updates. Checked their FB page and it would appear nothing new there either?

Still a couple of months to go (being optimistic) but this is very unlike the lead up to the show based on previous years. :sad:

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

I think in the past RAF statics have been announced late, as have the Egyptians, Team Daedalus etc. But I agree, there's not much on the list yet which is worrying. I've already booked flights and accommodation but if the worst happens & it is cancelled then it'll just be a holiday.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

rob68

Post by rob68 »

last year was thin on the ground spectator wise, was told that unless the Red Arrows are announced the locals do not go. May be connected?

jaguar54

Post by jaguar54 »

It's still going ahead, I have been informed that this year the flying will be over the coast but you will still be able to visit the aircraft at the airport.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

jaguar54 wrote:It's still going ahead, I have been informed that this year the flying will be over the coast but you will still be able to visit the aircraft at the airport.

Do you know where abouts? Didn't it used to be at St Paul's Bay?
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

viggen

Post by viggen »

According to the reds web site they are not down to display at malta this year. By the looks of things its going to be very poor.

Viggen

jaguar54

Post by jaguar54 »

No sorry Viggen that's all I was told

Timc

Post by Timc »

Still no updates on any media platform since the beginning of July, looking a little bit desperate now if you ask me?

A real shame as in previous years it was a great way to combine a holiday with a pretty good Air Show, hopefully we will learn more in the coming weeks maybe?