NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Leadfoot on Wed 31 Aug 2016, 2:28 pm

Confirmed on official site:

US:
- B-52
- B-1B
- CV-22B
- KC-135
(All static)

Germany:
- Bo-105 S/D
- Typhoon S/D
- A400M S
- C-160 S
- Tiger S
- NH90 S
- Tornado ECR S
Leadfoot

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Eizo on Wed 31 Aug 2016, 10:10 pm

I doubt the static B-1B, I assume it will become a flyby at the end. Who will secure it the whole week there? Arrival is to be on Tuesday.
Eizo

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby JJC on Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:40 pm

It will be interesting to see how this pans out! Is the German typhoon a Luftwaffe display or coming from the manufacturer? Nice to see the Germans getting about a bit again!

Was hoping the BO-105 would get to display, adored the routine at RIAT the last 2 years - seeing it once more before retirement will be excellent! :love:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby AARDVARK on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 5:33 am

Well it was billed as a Luftwaffe display at ILA :)
AARDVARK

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby aviodromefriend on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:51 am

JJC wrote:Was hoping the BO-105 would get to display, adored the routine at RIAT the last 2 years - seeing it once more before retirement will be excellent! :love:
Wasn't RIAT billed as the very last display ever (including water salute at the end)?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby JJC on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 5:52 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
JJC wrote:Was hoping the BO-105 would get to display, adored the routine at RIAT the last 2 years - seeing it once more before retirement will be excellent! :love:
Wasn't RIAT billed as the very last display ever (including water salute at the end)?


Yes I believe they said it was, not sure on the water salute though - think that was Ramex?
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby john001 on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 6:08 pm

Czech
1x D JAS-39C
1x S JAS-39C
1x S JAK-40
1x S L-39
1x S L-159
2x D L-159
1x Sp L-159
1x Sup L-410
1x D Mi-24
1x S Mi-24
1x S Mi-171š
1x D Mi-171š

Also 1x Sup C-17 US Res
john001

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Finningley Boy on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 7:41 pm

Does anyone know the best way to get to the airfield from Ostrava? I will not be driving myself.

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Carlito on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 9:53 am

Finningley Boy wrote:Does anyone know the best way to get to the airfield from Ostrava? I will not be driving myself.

FB :biggrin:


https://www.google.pl/maps/dir/49.8544143,18.2506963/49.7058753,18.1324223/@49.7321501,18.115523,12z/data=!4m2!4m1!5i2

You have two options:
- via D1 - best way, but vignette is needed
- via road 58, which is free, but during Nato Days You can expect traffic jams
AA / FB
User avatar
Carlito

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Leadfoot on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 5:54 pm

My guess is that the organisers are trying to arrange a five-ship formation of Typhoons (one from each European operator). And this might be the German dynamic Typhoon.
Leadfoot

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 11:21 am

Thanks Carlito,

but the website is now listing Bus and Train times from Ostrava etc.

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby john001 on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 12:49 pm

Carlito wrote:- via D1 - best way, but vignette is needed


Are vignettes automatically checked or is it pot luck if the police catch you?
john001

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby iGol66 on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

Eizo wrote:Never park with the crowd in the Northeast, otherwise you will be stuck in traffic for sure! The triangle in the middle of the second picture in my link is LOCKED - no trespassing any more!


So does the locking of the triangle bit mean you can't access the fields on the other side of the display axis?
iGol66

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Carlito on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:14 pm

john001 wrote:
Carlito wrote:- via D1 - best way, but vignette is needed


Are vignettes automatically checked or is it pot luck if the police catch you?


No automatic check of vignette, so You can try without it... ;-)

iGol66 wrote:
Eizo wrote:Never park with the crowd in the Northeast, otherwise you will be stuck in traffic for sure! The triangle in the middle of the second picture in my link is LOCKED - no trespassing any more!


So does the locking of the triangle bit mean you can't access the fields on the other side of the display axis?


No, You can go aroud this triangle.
AA / FB
User avatar
Carlito

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby john001 on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm

Thanks Carlito
john001

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby FinAce on Wed 07 Sep 2016, 6:26 am

Carlito wrote:
john001 wrote:
Carlito wrote:- via D1 - best way, but vignette is needed

No automatic check of vignette, so You can try without it... ;-)


Information: http://www.motorway.cz/

When entering the Czech Republic, the sticker can be bought on the first rest area after the border.

10-day vignette, 310 CZK , ~12 EUR

Penalty: Fine of up to CZK 5,000 or a penalty notice of up to CZK 100,000 in administrative proceedings.
FinAce

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Leadfoot on Wed 07 Sep 2016, 6:27 am

iGol66 wrote:
So does the locking of the triangle bit mean you can't access the fields on the other side of the display axis?


This is the closed area:

Image
Leadfoot

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby iGol66 on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 9:58 am

Thanks everyone for your help!

Am I right in thinking that if I park in the main showground car park, that before the flying display you can leave by emergency exit 2 to get to the fields on the other side of the display line?
http://www.natodays.cz/files/files/2016 ... _areal.jpg

Thank you all for your help, it's very much appreciated!
iGol66

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Carlito on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 10:42 am

iGol66 wrote:Thanks everyone for your help!

Am I right in thinking that if I park in the main showground car park, that before the flying display you can leave by emergency exit 2 to get to the fields on the other side of the display line?
http://www.natodays.cz/files/files/2016 ... _areal.jpg

Thank you all for your help, it's very much appreciated!


Emergency exit (nr 4) is closed all time. You can leave showground through gate nr 2, You can do it even during flying show.
AA / FB
User avatar
Carlito

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Leadfoot on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 1:25 pm

iGol66 wrote:Thanks everyone for your help!

Am I right in thinking that if I park in the main showground car park, that before the flying display you can leave by emergency exit 2 to get to the fields on the other side of the display line?
http://www.natodays.cz/files/files/2016 ... _areal.jpg

Thank you all for your help, it's very much appreciated!


Yes. That is one of the 'normal' gates, so the crowd is flowing in and out all day.
Be aware that security measures have been introduced for this year (nothing similar before, you could walk in without being stopped). Also, if you want to get back to your car at the end of the show, be sure to leave the fields in due time. If you are late, security guards won't let you back into the showground, and you'll end up walking around the entire airfield.
Leadfoot

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Eizo on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:27 am

Arrival of B-1B and B-52 on Tuesday between 2:30 and 3:00 PM. :rock: Looking forward!
Eizo

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby JJC on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:21 pm

Patrouille Suisse cancelled. :sad:


Flying out Thursday morning with Ian Allan - Can't wait! :rock:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby john001 on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 4:55 pm

Is this going to have any effect on standing under the display axis..
The Chamber of Deputies of the Moravian-Silesian region, the owner of areas 410/1 and 327/3 in Albrechtičky land register (areas under flight display line) issued a confirmation of entry denial for the public to these areas in days of September 12 - 19, 2016 based on notion of Jagello 2000 due to security and organizational reasons (see orientational plan of traffic situation)
john001

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby davidjones533 on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:21 pm

Belgian F-16 Canx.
User avatar
davidjones533

Re: NATO DAYS Ostrava 2016

Postby Leadfoot on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 6:39 am

john001 wrote:Is this going to have any effect on standing under the display axis..
The Chamber of Deputies of the Moravian-Silesian region, the owner of areas 410/1 and 327/3 in Albrechtičky land register (areas under flight display line) issued a confirmation of entry denial for the public to these areas in days of September 12 - 19, 2016 based on notion of Jagello 2000 due to security and organizational reasons (see orientational plan of traffic situation)


I think these are the plots that were closed in each year since 2013.
Leadfoot

PreviousNext

Return to European Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests