NTM 2017

Re: NTM 2017

Postby boff180 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 7:28 am

Here's the Bavarian Tigers entry....

User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: NTM 2017

Postby st24 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 1:01 pm

Hopefully they'll make the spotters days!!
French have done it again, this time EC30!! They are on fire this year!
Unfortunately can't link...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Niallxg on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 5:21 pm

st24 wrote:Hopefully they'll make the spotters days!!
French have done it again, this time EC30!! They are on fire this year!
Unfortunately can't link...


Here's a link. http://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2017/06 ... afale.html

Cracking scheme.

Niall
Niallxg

Re: NTM 2017

Postby boff180 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 6:02 pm

st24 wrote:Hopefully they'll make the spotters days!!
French have done it again, this time EC30!! They are on fire this year!
Unfortunately can't link...


There is apparently a Tiger schemed Tigre too at the exercise from what we learned last night :-)
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Niallxg on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 6:53 pm

boff180 wrote:
st24 wrote:Hopefully they'll make the spotters days!!
French have done it again, this time EC30!! They are on fire this year!
Unfortunately can't link...


There is apparently a Tiger schemed Tigre too at the exercise from what we learned last night :-)


So good they named it twice… :grin: We just need the weather now.

Regards

Niall
Niallxg

Re: NTM 2017

Postby st24 on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 11:39 pm

Not a classic tiger meet by recent standards but still an enjoyable few days. Schemes, though good to see were fairly lacklustre given the efforts of the past few meets, some bordering on bizarre ( the Italian "Apocalypse Tiger"/50th anniversary AB 212, French army night Witch Gazelle and Czech 'chanel no5" tiger face!) but, as said always good to see some colour and designs in these bland grey days and it's not every day you get to see 100 or so modern Mil movements. Even the missions were not of the norm with some very drawn out launches resulting in the first departures (usually the diminutive Austrians!) recovering before everything was launched. Very little in the way of wing rocks or sporting departures to reveal those topsides and no missed approaches or ad hoc formations either.
A word of warning to those who want their (comprehensive) food bag and/or goodie bag (nice t-shirt and hiviz etc :clap:) -get it from the tent as you get off the bus otherwise youll be queueing for an hour or so at lunchtime. Absolutely absurd planning to have them in the same tent as the crews selling their merch, it was very chaotic for no reason. The tent itself is pitch black so take a torch if you want to inspect before you buy!Allow to arrive very early at the car park as the search /registration process took about 2 hours...
See you in Poland next year!! :snack:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Skyflash on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

Decent summary ST... yes, the tent is an utter fiasco. Abandon hope all ye who enter therein.

Anyway the lengthy queue experience did afford us an opportunity to get better acquainted... :grin: :pinkwafer:

Also agreed that it's far from a vintage NTM, but still overall an enjoyable experience.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: NTM 2017

Postby st24 on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 8:37 pm

Skyflash wrote:Decent summary ST... yes, the tent is an utter fiasco. Abandon hope all ye who enter therein.

Anyway the lengthy queue experience did afford us an opportunity to get better acquainted... :grin: :pinkwafer: .


Indeed sir, and the evenings weren't half bad either!!.... :snack: :cuppa: :icecream:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: NTM 2017

Postby zigzag on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:44 am

A very enjoyable few days, thanks for the company gents :cool:
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT
User avatar
zigzag

Re: NTM 2017

Postby boff180 on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 4:46 pm

I'm writing an article on today but to sum it up it was awesome.

Tigre ended the day with a superb taxi/display
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Nwalch on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 7:01 pm

Outstanding. And they seem to have learnt from the issues last week around the organisation. Yes final taxi display combined with the special scheme choppers returning made it a very memorable ending.
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Dr Cake on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 4:04 pm

Yes, would have to agree with most of these comments. Week 2 seems to have been much better run and, overall, it was a really nice few days - the standout day for me being the spottersday. Really nice weather and great taxi by shots. The Tigre routine really was as good as described. Fantastic effort indeed.

I'm just hoping that Franco-Dutch relations have managed to return to normal after rather an awkward stand-off we witnessed close by our position. Despite the mass of space available by the taxiway, a group of relatively young French guys seem to get entangled with a couple of old Dutch chaps not entirely happy with the apparent space invasion. I'm not sure exactly who did what next but it was by far the closest I've ever been to actual violence 'on the line'. An absolutely crap advert for our hobby to be honest.
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: NTM 2017

Postby st24 on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 4:55 pm

Dr Cake wrote:Yes, would have to agree with most of these comments. Week 2 seems to have been much better run and, overall, it was a really nice few days - the standout day for me being the spottersday. Really nice weather and great taxi by shots. The Tigre routine really was as good as described. Fantastic effort indeed.

I'm just hoping that Franco-Dutch relations have managed to return to normal after rather an awkward stand-off we witnessed close by our position. Despite the mass of space available by the taxiway, a group of relatively young French guys seem to get entangled with a couple of old Dutch chaps not entirely happy with the apparent space invasion. I'm not sure exactly who did what next but it was by far the closest I've ever been to actual violence 'on the line'. An absolutely crap advert for our hobby to be honest.

Bloody foreigners! :grin:
Glad you enjoyed it sir, ready for Poland next year??!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Dr Cake on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 6:09 pm

st24 wrote:Bloody foreigners! :grin:
Glad you enjoyed it sir, ready for Poland next year??!

Been ready for it since May 2016 Geoff! :wink:

Great dates for me too being 14th-25th May, nicely separated from the mainstream UK scene and K-B being early September as per usual. Mind you, I recall being ready to book a trip to Zeltweg 09 and being unceremoniously wiped out by an ultra long range Take That reunion concert 'diary clash'. I'm not making it up! So I'm 99% sure to go.....
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: NTM 2017

Postby st24 on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 6:13 pm

Dr Cake wrote:
st24 wrote:Bloody foreigners! :grin:
Glad you enjoyed it sir, ready for Poland next year??!

Been ready for it since May 2016 Geoff! :wink:

Great dates for me too being 14th-25th May, nicely separated from the mainstream UK scene and K-B being early September as per usual. Mind you, I recall being ready to book a trip to Zeltweg 09 and being unceremoniously wiped out by an ultra long range Take That reunion concert 'diary clash'. I'm not making it up! So I'm 99% sure to go.....

Tiger meet..... Take that.... Hmm, there is no clash there..!!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: NTM 2017

Postby zigzag on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:12 pm

Take That. :dizzy: always thought you were more of a Westlife fan :biggrin:
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT
User avatar
zigzag

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Dr Cake on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:32 pm

zigzag wrote:Take That. :dizzy: always thought you were more of a Westlife fan :biggrin:
st24 wrote:
Dr Cake wrote:
st24 wrote:Bloody foreigners! :grin:
Glad you enjoyed it sir, ready for Poland next year??!

Been ready for it since May 2016 Geoff! :wink:

Great dates for me too being 14th-25th May, nicely separated from the mainstream UK scene and K-B being early September as per usual. Mind you, I recall being ready to book a trip to Zeltweg 09 and being unceremoniously wiped out by an ultra long range Take That reunion concert 'diary clash'. I'm not making it up! So I'm 99% sure to go.....

Tiger meet..... Take that.... Hmm, there is no clash there..!!!

Gents, note for the record: Mrs Dr Cake's diary / young children care issues, just in case you had got the wrong idea. Scary thoughts indeed.
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Skyflash on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 10:02 am

Dr Cake wrote:
st24 wrote:Bloody foreigners! :grin:
Glad you enjoyed it sir, ready for Poland next year??!

Been ready for it since May 2016 Geoff! :wink:

Great dates for me too being 14th-25th May, nicely separated from the mainstream UK scene and K-B being early September as per usual. Mind you, I recall being ready to book a trip to Zeltweg 09 and being unceremoniously wiped out by an ultra long range Take That reunion concert 'diary clash'. I'm not making it up! So I'm 99% sure to go.....


I'm sensing a get-together in Polska next year. :rock:

O kurwa! :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: NTM 2017

Postby AndyXH558 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 3:42 pm

It was my first Tiger meet, I can assure you its not going to be the last. didnt go to the runway for the flights as it was a little to far for me to walk without melting so I stayed along the flight line which was an amazing experience.. Some great tat stalls from all the squadrons.

However a couple of moans. First I was told that there were no water facilities on the outer area near the runway and in that heat was in my view a retrograde step. only one water station at the end of the hangars and a beer stand, that was it. Also we could have done with a couple of shaded areas in places just to shelter from the sun.

the crepes were sooo good.

Goody bag was a good touch but as a fat git there is a t shirt needing a home if anyone wants it.

soo the next one is in poland. yeah that has to be done... perhaps avoid the vodka though.

Tigers .. Hard to be humble
User avatar
AndyXH558

Re: NTM 2017

Postby cg_341 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 4:57 pm

Didn't notice the lack of water in the enclosure area Andy, but agree that it may have been helpful!

What size t-shirt? I never got round to collecting a goodie bag :(

Chris
cg_341

Re: NTM 2017

Postby AndyXH558 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 5:06 pm

no i was thinking on the runway area.. a long way to walk to get water.
User avatar
AndyXH558

Re: NTM 2017

Postby Dr Cake on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:32 pm

Skyflash wrote:
I'm sensing a get-together in Polska next year. :rock:

O kurwa! :grin:

Think there's a very high chance of that! Makes a big difference having nice dates.
User avatar
Dr Cake

Re: NTM 2017

Postby UK Airshow Review on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 7:12 am

  • "Roar Power" - Crossing the Channel for a few days of French hospitality, Andy Evans attended the second NTM '17 Spotters Day.

    Image Image Image Image Image
User avatar
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Previous

Return to European Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests