French Air Force Open Days 2017

French Air Force Open Days 2017

Postby The Baron on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:31 pm

The French appear to have announced their open days for 2017-
14th May - Bordeaux
1st/2nd July - Saint-Dizier.

Evreux, which was suggested as a potential appears to now not be happening.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2017

Postby frank on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 10:59 am

Can anyone with previous experience suggest which one they would go for ?
frank

Postby st24 on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 12:28 pm

St Diz. Sun behind, typically French layout with parallel taxiway and extensive ramp space. Merignac is part of the substantial Bordeaux airport so I do wonder how they'd run a full in show there... :confused:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby The Baron on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 8:24 pm

frank wrote:Can anyone with previous experience suggest which one they would go for ?

I can't help you with which is the better location, but I can tell you I'll be going to Saint-Dizier.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby henk99 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 8:22 am

The Baron wrote:
frank wrote:Can anyone with previous experience suggest which one they would go for ?

I can't help you with which is the better location, but I can tell you I'll be going to Saint-Dizier.

Is there any more info about this one, besides the government website? I have been planning for St.-Dizier as well, but have found little or nothing about participants.
Frysian Flag 2017 | TWM Florennes | Meeting de l'Air de Saint-Dizier | RIAT 2017 | Sanicole Airshow
henk99

Postby The Baron on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

Apart from Saint-Dizier being the rumoured first display by Couteau Delta info so far is sparse. Looking at the website ticket sales etc will go on sale on 2nd April. We may know more after that.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby st24 on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 12:20 pm

Bordeaux-Merignac has its list(s) up under "plateau". Some tasty bits and pieces including quite a few redundant airframes from the museum storage/re-furb facility there. Not sure about the Marauder (sexiest WW2 medium twin :love: ) though there is an Invader there - makes sense given their French usage.

I'm also assuming the M346 to be a Singapore example rather than Israeli! And the Crusader doesn't look anything like that!

http://fosa.fr/meetingdelair/meeting-de ... -merignac/
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Chrisse on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:07 pm

I dare assume the A109 will be a Belgian example rather than a Swede and having a Russian Mi-24 display also seems rather unlikely, so I reckon that will be a different origin too. Those exotic Mirages 2000s and 5 they published pictures of also look rather unlikely. It's almost as if they used the random pictures from Google images for each :grin:
Chrisse

Postby Stagger2 on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:57 am

I agree with you st24. Looks exciting on paper until you work-out there's so much crap on the site that it throws everything into question! One to avoid, unless you love the chase to get of 1 of 200 'spotter-places' :yahoo:
Outstanding!!
Stagger2

Postby Col. Chibani on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 11:26 pm

st24 wrote:St Diz. Sun behind, typically French layout with parallel taxiway and extensive ramp space. Merignac is part of the substantial Bordeaux airport so I do wonder how they'd run a full in show there... :confused:

According to the official website, due to the Mérignac international airport constraints, the dynamic display will last 1 to 2 hours only.
Hence the rather short dynamic "plateau" list.
Col. Chibani

Return to European Events