International Sanicole Airshow, 8 & 10 September 2017 (BE)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
pbeardmore

Re: International Sanicole Airshow, 8 & 10 September 2017 (B

Post by pbeardmore »

Could some of these guys be persuaded to take part? Based at KB (with good access on the Sat, even pleasure flights?) with flypast/drop on the Sunday?

http://www.daksovernormandy.com/

It could be something very special (sorry Chrisse if this has already been disccused/discounted)
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Issue with that I expect is that the event concludes on the 9th of June, you'd be hoping the "squadron" of US-based Daks would not have left back for the States. I expect most will have dispersed back to base by September - I'd love to see the Market-Garden theme celebrated alongside this though!
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

I know the USA Daks will have returned but the Daks over Normady team willl have built up some good connections with the European Daks and if they can get this in the diary as early as possible, you never know. A flight of four doing a drop with some WW2 vehicles in the forground would be something special and KB is obviously nice and local as a base.

A pleasure flight in a Dak from KB over Arnhem? Now I'm getting carried away
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

pbeardmore wrote:I know the USA Daks will have returned but the Daks over Normady team willl have built up some good connections with the European Daks and if they can get this in the diary as early as possible, you never know. A flight of four doing a drop with some WW2 vehicles in the forground would be something special and KB is obviously nice and local as a base.

Really the ideal solution would perhaps be a cooperation between the 'Daks over Normandy' team and the Airborne Commemoration Foundation who hold commemorative para-drops to celebrate the anniversary every year.

Anyway your idea's a good 'un - over to you Chrisse! :biggrin:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

I just have to film the whole thing :cuppa:

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

yes, makes sense, with the actual anniversay a couple of days after Sanicole, their schedule could be free/more flexible.

this x4? please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7v5j-uUG1I

thoughts Chrisse?

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »