La Ferté Alais 2017

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby John_E on Wed 31 May 2017, 7:01 pm

The picture is improving as time goes on. My app is now giving a 55% chance of rain for Saturday but only 0.04 inches. We've been here since Monday and haven't see a drop of the forecast rain. Thanks for the heads-up re: fuel, tankbuster, will fill up first thing Friday morning.
John_E

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby tankbuster on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 9:47 am

petrol strikes expected to be called off today and resupply of petrol stations started this afternoon :biggrin:
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Mike on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:45 am

I'm really disappointed to find out that the Patrouille de France and the 777 aren't landing so that we can take close-up pictures of them on the ground.
Mike

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Skyflash on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:58 pm

Mike wrote:I'm really disappointed to find out that the Patrouille de France and the 777 aren't landing so that we can take close-up pictures of them on the ground.


If this is a wind-up then bravo! :grin: :clap:

It's a grass strip... seriously, I'd pay quite good money NOT to watch a 777 attempt to land on it... :dizzy: :joystick:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Mike on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 2:29 pm

Well, I've just watched a C.160 land on it.
Mike

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby The Baron on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 2:53 pm

It'll be a bit wet underfoot tomorrow. On the plus side, it's 2017 and I've seen a Hunter fly!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby John_E on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 3:52 pm

Well that was interesting. The show was cancelled with about an hour of the programme remaining due to torrential rain. Wettest I've ever been at an airshow. Hopefully tomorrow will go ahead, if it was in the U.K. I'd be expecting it to be called off due to the underfoot conditions. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.
John_E

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby John_E on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 4:56 pm

Tomorrow going ahead according to the AJBS Facebook page. :)
John_E

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Nwalch on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:05 pm

Fantastic. Was great until the rain but that was some downpour. The Catalina would have been more at home. Sun forecast for tomorrow :).
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby st24 on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:14 pm

The Trannie seemed to be having fun... :joystick: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby The Baron on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:16 pm

The 777 flypast will hopefully happen tomorrow. Bring it on!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Nwalch on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:26 pm

The Baron wrote:The 777 flypast will hopefully happen tomorrow. Bring it on!


Yes according to the shows FB page it's hopefully on tomorrow. I'm hoping they are going to do that then do the full routine.
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Col. Chibani on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:50 pm

No rain forecast for tomorrow.
However, if the runway is still soaked, the heavies (like the Skyraider) may not fly.
Finger crossed !
User avatar
Col. Chibani

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Nwalch on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:56 pm

Col. Chibani wrote:No rain forecast for tomorrow.
However, if the runway is still soaked, the heavies (like the Skyraider) may not fly.
Finger crossed !


There was a shorter but heavier downpour Friday around 5pm (must be a bad time!) and the heavies (Junkers etc) were still getting up today so I expect the runway to have drained ok.
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Col. Chibani on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 7:26 pm

John_E wrote:Wettest I've ever been at an airshow.


Obviously, you were not present at Farnborough 2016 opening monday !
User avatar
Col. Chibani

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Wissam24 on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 6:43 pm

What a show! Loved it, despite the unfortunate ending. So great to see such a collection of machines that I've never witnessed before, with superb flying all round. I was blown away by the Tora! Tora! Tora! set piece - truly spectacular.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Skyflash on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 7:36 pm

An absolutely delightful airshow, and boy did we get lucky with the weather today!

The 777 flypast in formation with the Patrouille was outstanding. I also loved the Tora Tora Tora! routine, so well choreographed.

Only downside was the farcical wait to get in and then back out of the car parks, but that aside I loved my first visit to La Ferté, and would definitely come back.

Bravo à tous!
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby John_E on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 8:07 pm

We left just before the Good Morning Vietnam set piece as we're getting the ferry back tonight. Watched the 777/PdeF fly past from the retail park, it was awesome to have the formation go right over our heads. Had a great two days at the show, spoilt slightly only by a lack of blue in the skies.
John_E

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby The Baron on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 8:22 pm

Wissam24 wrote:What a show! Loved it, despite the unfortunate ending. So great to see such a collection of machines that I've never witnessed before, with superb flying all round. I was blown away by the Tora! Tora! Tora! set piece - truly spectacular.


Unfortunate ending? I do hope you're talking about the weather!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Maisie on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:19 pm

John_E wrote: Wettest I've ever been at an airshow.


Even women don't say this, must have been bad!

What was the 'bad ending' ?
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6
Maisie

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby John_E on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:29 am

It was pretty grim. Guy next to me was trying to resuscitate his mobile phone on the Sunday morning because it'd been water damaged by the amount of rain. The team did a great job to get the site serviceable again for the Sunday. I assume the 'bad ending' is reference to the last hour of the show being cancelled on Saturday.
John_E

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby hmeasures on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 4:12 pm

Had a most enjoyable time there once again, certainly one of the best shows around. Such an amazing variety, where else do you see the Pat French followed by Edwardians! The set pieces are stunning, Tora Tora Tora and Good Morning Vietnam were just brilliant. Shame we lost a bit of show on Saturday, but Sunday more than made up for it.

One thing to note was the bogs down the left hand/car park end were truly disgusting by Sunday.
hmeasures

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby Nwalch on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm

John_E wrote:It was pretty grim. Guy next to me was trying to resuscitate his mobile phone on the Sunday morning because it'd been water damaged by the amount of rain.


That was probably Arthur. He was still drying out on Sunday morning.

hmeasures wrote:Had a most enjoyable time there once again, certainly one of the best shows around. Such an amazing variety, where else do you see the Pat French followed by Edwardians! The set pieces are stunning, Tora Tora Tora and Good Morning Vietnam were just brilliant. Shame we lost a bit of show on Saturday, but Sunday more than made up for it.

One thing to note was the bogs down the left hand/car park end were truly disgusting by Sunday.


Yes it was a fantastic show, despite the soaking on the Sunday. Would have liked the Sky Raiders and a few others to stay up a bit longer but there was so much to fit in.

Bog fact - Don't think there was any access to service the bogs down that end. If you went the other way there were about 15 portaloos behind the building directly behind the chalets which were quieter and regularly serviced.
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby hmeasures on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 5:27 pm

Nwalch wrote:Yes it was a fantastic show, despite the soaking on the Sunday. Would have liked the Sky Raiders and a few others to stay up a bit longer but there was so much to fit in.

Bog fact - Don't think there was any access to service the bogs down that end. If you went the other way there were about 15 portaloos behind the building directly behind the chalets which were quieter and regularly serviced.


Agree on the Skyraider front, however the solo from the AJBS machine was quite something!!!

Used those bogs on the way out :lol:
hmeasures

Re: La Ferté Alais 2017

Postby John_E on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:22 pm

My wife and son went into those bogs on the way out. She walked in followed by a retching sound and a quick exit. She waited until we could nip into McDonald's.
John_E

PreviousNext

Return to European Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests