Disbandment 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
114PM

Re: Disbandment 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

Post by 114PM »

Hi Dave,

1) It's almost sure, that during the spotter day there will be on base parking.

2) Not sure for the spotter day, but, if everything goes according to plan, the base museum (preserved planes) will be accessible during Friday. But, I will ask and come back to you :)

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Hi Dave,
regarding your questions:

Yes, there will be on base parking

and

yes, on Friday the base museum will be open.

Regards
Marcus

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Marcus ......... :worship: :worship: :worship:
Thank you so much
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Most kind of you Dave :up:

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Anyone had a reply from the embassy yet? I mailed a week or so ago but have heard nothing....???

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Dear friends,

this complicated matter with the embassies, was (unfortunately) the idea of the HAF HQ in Athens ...
It was not a request from 348 MTA and that's why they don't know anything about it ...

I think, but this is only my personal opinion, that if the embassies don't find something wrong, they will not inform you.
Only in case they find something, then they will inform the HAF, the HAF will inform 348 MTA and they finally will inform you.

Sorry for the incovience!!!

pako-2008

Post by pako-2008 »

I received a response within 3 working days.

They confirmed the information was being passed onto the HAF and everything was in order.
Cheers
Aaron

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

Nothing from the British embassy but then I didn't expect to get a reply from them.

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

I emailed my details to information.athens@fco.gov.uk only last night, and immediately received an automated response from the Embassy. It required me to resend my email if my query was not answered within the FAQs therein, however early this morning I received another email from a personal address at the Defence section confirming that every thing was OK and that I am now on the list to be submitted to the HAF (my initial email had been forwarded to the Defence section).

I queried the status of two other colleagues but their details had not been passed on. It would appear that others maybe in the same boat!

I would suggest that your details are resent to defence.athens@fco.gov.uk if you haven't done so already.

Hope that all makes sense, and it helps!

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

flybynight wrote:I emailed my details to information.athens@fco.gov.uk only last night, and immediately received an automated response from the Embassy. It required me to resend my email if my query was not answered within the FAQs therein, however early this morning I received another email from a personal address at the Defence section confirming that every thing was OK and that I am now on the list to be submitted to the HAF (my initial email had been forwarded to the Defence section).

I queried the status of two other colleagues but their details had not been passed on. It would appear that others maybe in the same boat!

I would suggest that your details are resent to defence.athens@fco.gov.uk if you haven't done so already.

That is extremely helpful - thank you! :up:

I had also emailed the information.athens@fco.uk but as mentioned didn't receive a reply, not even an automated one. I'm wondering whether the two attachments - passport scan and confirmation from the 348 squadron resulted in my email going into a spam folder?

Have emailed the defence.athens@fco.gov.uk address as you suggest.

Once again, thank you. Fingers crossed!

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

Rumwolf wrote:
flybynight wrote:I emailed my details to information.athens@fco.gov.uk only last night, and immediately received an automated response from the Embassy. It required me to resend my email if my query was not answered within the FAQs therein, however early this morning I received another email from a personal address at the Defence section confirming that every thing was OK and that I am now on the list to be submitted to the HAF (my initial email had been forwarded to the Defence section).

That is extremely helpful - thank you! :up:

I had also emailed the information.athens@fco.uk but as mentioned didn't receive a reply, not even an automated one. I'm wondering whether the two attachments - passport scan and confirmation from the 348 squadron resulted in my email going into a spam folder?

UPDATE - I emailed the embassy using the defence.athens@fco.gov.uk last night and received a very nice and helpful reply this morning saying my name has now been added to the list. It appears that that when using the information.athens@fco.gov.uk address you are supposed to receive an automated reply that requests you submit the email again. Presumably this is to ease the problem of spam.

Anyway, all seems to be in good order.

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Dear friends,

a small message from 348 MTA:

Just inform the embassy about your visit and attach a copy of your passport / ID card.
Only the persons that will not be allowed to participate, because of security reasons, will be informed personally.
Whether or not the embassies will answer, is outside of our control.
The security check is in progress.

Just ensure that you book a accommodation, since there is increased demand during this days!

Many greetings

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Dear friends,

a short message from 348 MTA:

The spotterday is fully booked. Please do not longer register yourself, there aren't any free places left.
Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
Marcus

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Info emailed out suggests that RAF Tornados and Belgian Vipers will be attending both days.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Yes, that is correct.
Also flying will be two waves of local based 337 Sq F-16C/D's and fighters from other HAF Squadrons will (hopefully) arrive during the Spotterday.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

The organisers must be congratulated for managing to secure overseas RAF participation!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

114PM

Post by 114PM »

I hope the RAF Tornados will come.
For many, they will be the (second) highlight of the event :)

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Fingers crossed!

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Let's hope they send Pinky....

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

"Photo Phinish" - Sam Wise reports for UKAR from the bow-out of a beloved Cold War Warrior.

Image Image Image Image Image

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Hello my dear friends!
I apologise for taking so long to write you.

I hope, all, or at least most, of you enjoyed your time in Larissa.
We tried for the best. As you know now, the original plan for the day was different from the final result. Unfortunately, we didn't had the last word ...

Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed your time. At least, the weather was good.

Now, let us hope, that all this expertise will not disapear and will be of future use :)

Best greetings
Marcus