Future Events Enquiries

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Dr Cake

Future Events Enquiries

Post by Dr Cake »

Folks,

A few enquiries regarding future events:

Luchtmachtdagen - with Volkel being cancelled this year, does anyone know if there 2018 will remain as the planned down year, i.e. returning to G-R in 2019 followed by Leeuwarden in 2020. Or, is the plan to bring everything forward a year? If the latter, 2018 is going to be rather busy!!

Tiger Meets - As far as I am aware, the 2018 meet will be at Poznan. I've seen rumours of Mont de Marsan for 2019 but also know that there was a possibility of 'Germany' at one stage.

Any clarification would be very useful.

Thanks,
Rich

aviodromefriend

Re: Future Events Enquiries

Post by aviodromefriend »

Dr Cake wrote:Luchtmachtdagen - with Volkel being cancelled this year, does anyone know if there 2018 will remain as the planned down year, i.e. returning to G-R in 2019 followed by Leeuwarden in 2020. Or, is the plan to bring everything forward a year? If the latter, 2018 is going to be rather busy!!
It is still written in the stars. When they announced the 2017 off, the Commander of the RNLAF said 2018 would remain the year off due to the Hillen-cuts. Since then the MoD have decided to organise the Army event instead of Luchtmachtdagen although this year would have been their year off. I doubt that any decisions have been made already about the next set of three years, and if they are made, they will still be fluid due to the services being allowed to swap between them.

Luchtmachtdagen or not, 2018 will be a terribly filled year on the continent.

ILA
Kecskemét
Zeltweg
Radom (or whatever airfield will see the Polish 100th)
plus all the other annuals.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Not to mention a massive KB airshow next year.

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

aviodromefriend wrote:Zeltweg

I thought the next Zeltweg was scheduled for 2019?

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. The situation with Luchtmachtdagen is as I assumed - we simply don't know yet. I was thinking of doing the tiger meet and KB outside of the UK next year so I'm hoping that it remains a year off for the dutch.

Not sure about Zeltweg. I've never been but would likely go if the next edition is 2019. Won't be there if it's 2018.

aviodromefriend

Spotty_Jag wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:Zeltweg

I thought the next Zeltweg was scheduled for 2019?
The Austrian Minister für Landesverteidigung said during his opening remarks last year they want to hold it in the second half of 2018, as part of the celebrations for the Austrian presidency of the EU.

aviodromefriend

Asked the question about Luchtmachtdagen to the man that should know (as being one of the people in charge of organising it) and he said that AS THINGS STAND NOW it will be 2019.

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

aviodromefriend wrote:Asked the question about Luchtmachtdagen to the man that should know (as being one of the people in charge of organising it) and he said that AS THINGS STAND NOW it will be 2019.

Many thanks for that, very useful. Will be interesting whether they go for G-R or Volkel.