Breitling Sion Air Show

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
The Baron

Breitling Sion Air Show

Post by The Baron »

15th - 17th September.
Anybody else planning on going to this?
Line up looks good, plenty of international support and a healthy dose of heritage aircraft including the Mirage III.
25 CHF entry and what looks to be a pretty good backdrop.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

zigzag

Re: Breitling Sion Air Show

Post by zigzag »

I'm deffo looking at this, as you say lineup and setting are both good, not too far from Geneva too.

It's a choice between Sion or Axalp for me, need to decide which one soon.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

zigzag wrote:It's a choice between Sion or Axalp for me, need to decide which one soon.
Axalp has a recent reputation of not taking place, maybe it helps with your decision (I think the last one was pre-Payerne '14).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

aviodromefriend wrote:
zigzag wrote:It's a choice between Sion or Axalp for me, need to decide which one soon.
Axalp has a recent reputation of not taking place, maybe it helps with your decision (I think the last one was pre-Payerne '14).

Cheers, Im a verteran of many Axalps and am aware of the risks, Ive made a number of climbs up the mountain only to see nothing, but when it does work it works really well
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT