Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Abbo46

Re: RAF at Radom

Post by Abbo46 »

Do we really need a separate thread for this? :wall:

Just be thankful the RAF are sending anything at all.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Andyph wrote:I see the Red Arrows are displaying at Dunsfold and Rhyl - hardly shows that are must do!!

What the hell are you on about?

Also, weren't you saying we should have fewer airshows because of global warming, not a few weeks ago? Sending all these aircraft a thousand miles overseas must surely contribute more to global warming than a couple of hundred around the UK?

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Why would you not post this in the Radom thread? :grin:

And have the RAF sent any statics? If so then what’s the problem? If I were a Polish attendee i’d be happy enough with the Typhoon to be honest.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

RAF Hercules will be on static at Radom, not exactly common, even over here.

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

The RAF’s participation at Radom is the exact same as the Polish Air Force’s at RIAT then, one flying display and a Herc. So what is your point?

And according to airshowinfo.hu (I have no idea if this is accurate) there will be 4 Raptors, a KC-135R, a C-130J and a P-8A. :dunno:

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

cg_341 wrote:
Andyph wrote:I see the Red Arrows are displaying at Dunsfold and Rhyl - hardly shows that are must do!!

What the hell are you on about?

Also, weren't you saying we should have fewer airshows because of global warming, not a few weeks ago? Sending all these aircraft a thousand miles overseas must surely contribute more to global warming than a couple of hundred around the UK?

I should have added Dunsfold/Rhyl are this weekend (same as Radom) I.E they would have missed little here to attend.

Perhaps you should re-read my first post on climate change.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Post by Tommy »

Threads merged.

If everyone could please ensure that they try and post within the correct sub-forums, that’d be handy. :up:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I agree about the BBMF. In fact, it's been noted that there isn't a single Spitfire or Hurricane at the show despite both aircraft and their pilots having enormous significance in Poland to this day.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Tmyers123 wrote:The RAF’s participation at Radom is the exact same as the Polish Air Force’s at RIAT then, one flying display and a Herc. So what is your point?

Ok, this time their participation is the same, but for years Polish Air Force has been sending to the UK almost everything what it has (Fulcrums, Fitters, F-16 and Orliks) and all what Poland got back from RAF were Hawks on static... Even in 2015 when Radom Air Show was celebrating Battle of Britain 75th anniversary, UK didn't show up.

I don't want to complain, just show you that this "cooperation" wasn't fair. I'm glad I'll be able to see RAF Typhoon for the first time in my life :)

PS And please remember that this year Polish Air Force didn't show up only at RIAT but also at Cosford with Mig-29.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

The Polish air force have been providing the highlights to British airshows for the past six or seven years. RIAT 2013 was saved by the Mig-29 in my view!

Sure, they don't send heaps of aircraft, but they're pretty consistent attendees and always try to send something of quality.

Berf

Post by Berf »

What has happened to this earthquake thing?

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

I have no idea, there are about 30 minutes after Mi-171 and Mi-24 display at +/- 10:30, maybe they want to do it during this break? But I don't know how without Su-22 and Mig-29... The only way is to make a huge flypast of Polish F-16 and maybe Raptors. Of course it could be cancelled because of lack of Fulcrums and Fitters.

By the way, Polish Deputy Minister of National Defence said that USAF participation will surprise us and "everyone will be satisfied". Let's hope it's the truth...

Berf

Post by Berf »

Well let’s hope for something as apart from the M346 flypast and the three Polish teams you can se at many Polish events it’s a pretty embarrassing Polish contribution to a 100 years show. Accepting the issue with the grounded aircraft surely you should get the rest in the air.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Totally true... for me it is really strange they dont show us the "reste such as the Sokol, mil mi2 and everything else... let's see what it is the surprise for the earthquake and what is the surprise from the USAF. Apparently the commandant said "we will appreciate", I hope :)

frank

Post by frank »

Andyph wrote:I'm not surprised but am a little disappointed by the RAF's lack of participation at Radom this weekend. (and currently no French or USAF I understand?)

A Typhoon might be above par these days for an overseas airshow from the RAF - but I see it as rather cursory.

100th anniversary year (for them and us) - of a country we went to war to defend.

I see the Red Arrows are displaying at Dunsfold and Rhyl - hardly shows that are must do!!

I'd have thought seeing the BBMF would have been really special to the Polish people too - a bit of a task to get there but I'd imagine they would have got a fantastic reception.

I also think a strong showing in Poland would have been seen in Moscow!

Remind me, did the Team Orlik or Iskry come to the UK this year to celebrate our 100th anniversary. No they didnt, we had a Mig 29 at Cosford and an F16 at Fairford - we sent our Typhoon. So pretty even I would say.
Apparently the USAF did an enviromental impact assessment and decided not to send assets. :tumbleweed:

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Anyone know what is happening at Deblin in Thursday and whether the museum is open?

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Today E-3 Sentry will fly over Radom and land in Dęblin (Air Base in Dęblin is open today and tomorrow).

By the way, Polish public TV journalist said that saw and talked to many people from the UK in Dęblin :P

Edit: AWACS has landed.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Today E-3 Sentry will fly over Radom and land in Dęblin (Air Base in Dęblin is open today and tomorrow).

By the way, Polish public TV journalist said that saw and talked to many people from the UK in Dęblin :P

What do you mean by Air Base open, public access?
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

I see Airshowinfo.hu reporting that there will be no Raptors at Radom this weekend :\

UPDATE:
According to the official information by the United States Air Force in Europe and Africa Public Affairs Office, the United States Air Force will not participating with F-22A Raptor 4 ship Flypast during the Radom International Airshow this weekend!

https://airshowinfo.hu/airshowfeed/2018 ... m-airshow/

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

tankbuster wrote:
Mr. Crusher wrote:Today E-3 Sentry will fly over Radom and land in Dęblin (Air Base in Dęblin is open today and tomorrow).

Yes

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

Sorry to add to your woes, but take a packamack if you're venturing out there this weekend (not a brolly - might get struck by lightning) :sad:

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Mr. Crusher wrote:
tankbuster wrote:

Yes

Thanks but
Another source tells me, No access on Friday Media press and VIP only.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

I know that tomorrow Radom will be open only for VIPs, media and probably spotters. I was sure Dęblin base is open on Thursday and Friday, but of course you could be right. There's no information about it, I asked on the Polish forums but still didn't get an answer.

If you want to be in Dęblin and base will be closed, you can choose Wąska street in the west of runway or Długa street in the east.

reineves

Post by reineves »

Hi
I was in Deblin today afternoon and Base open for everybody. I talk with mecanics, pictures of lot of airplanes and trade patches for my collection. I make a
Commemorative patch.They didnt know if will open tomorrow.

JamesA10

Post by JamesA10 »

Struggling to find the information on any of the official sites. Anyone know what time car parks and gates open for the airshow tomorrow?