Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Postby Mr. Crusher on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 5:52 pm

Warsaw Chopin Airport is the most convenient airport to choose. You can easily get to the bus station "Metro Wilanowska" or Central Railway Station from there. Radom is located about 100 kilometres from Warsaw, in my opinion the best type of travel is "Polski Bus". You can book cheap tickets here: http://www.polskibus.com/en/index.htm (they're available 1-2 months before trip).

There are many cheap hotels and hostels in Radom, but you have to hurry up. It's hard for me to recommend something, because I always stay in a private house in Radom, but Hotel Iskra is not expensive and popular. I don't know any camping there, but many people sleep at the field near airport: https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Dziubi ... 21.2078834

Generally public transport in Radom is pretty good, if you find a place to sleep in the city centre, it won't be a problem to get to the base.
Mr. Crusher

Postby Berf on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

Mr. Crusher wrote:Warsaw Chopin Airport is the most convenient airport to choose. You can easily get to the bus station "Metro Wilanowska" or Central Railway Station from there. Radom is located about 100 kilometres from Warsaw, in my opinion the best type of travel is "Polski Bus". You can book cheap tickets here: http://www.polskibus.com/en/index.htm (they're available 1-2 months before trip).

There are many cheap hotels and hostels in Radom, but you have to hurry up. It's hard for me to recommend something, because I always stay in a private house in Radom, but Hotel Iskra is not expensive and popular. I don't know any camping there, but many people sleep at the field near airport: https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Dziubi ... 21.2078834

Generally public transport in Radom is pretty good, if you find a place to sleep in the city centre, it won't be a problem to get to the base.

Have you heard anymore on the format of the show - will there be static at Deblin - when will that be open etc - thanks
Berf

Postby Mr. Crusher on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 7:18 pm

Former Polish Minister of Defence announced that the show will also take place at Dęblin, but it's not confirmed now. Probably some aircraft will be stationed there, but it's too early to talk about it. The show always starts at 9 am (door open at 8), ends at 7 pm, first 3 hours are given to civilian teams. We don't have any official news so it's hard to answer your question, hope to get something in February.
Mr. Crusher

Postby Berf on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 7:24 pm

Thanks for that, I had places booked but until more details are known it is difficult to know whether to do it on your own or in a group tour.
Berf

Postby Mr. Crusher on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 12:32 pm

+ Patrulla Águila

Also Croatian Krila Oluje / Wings of Storm Team will probably participate.
Mr. Crusher

Postby Sall on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 2:47 pm

As i see, this will be aerobatic teams airshow... So far nothing rare. :confused:
Maybe there will be Turskish Stars instead of Solo Turk, Midnight Hawks instead of Hornet solo, also we can expect Al Fursan or Saudi Hawks...

We will need wide-angle lenses, not tele-zoom this time.
Sall

Postby Mr. Crusher on Thu 22 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

+ The Royal Jordanian Falcons

There are some rumors in local media about USAF F-35 display... Pakistan, Ukraine and Czech Republic might also send something to Radom, it would be great to see Sherdils, Flanker and Gripen ;)
Mr. Crusher

Postby Sall on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm

+ Hellenic Air Force F-16 Zeus Demo Team
Sall

Previous

Return to European Events