Poznań Air Show 2018

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Mr. Crusher

Re: Poznań Air Show 2018

Post by Mr. Crusher »

"#NTM18 UPDATE!!!

All NATO Tiger Meet 2018 participants will present themselves closer to the public in a special flyby over Ławica during Poznań Air Show “NTM edition”. Most of them will reveal their aggressive tiger themed decals during static display; some will demonstrate dynamic set of maneuvers to sweep you of your feet. You can be sure; Poznań Air Show will provide you with unforgettable memories."

Wow! :clap:

stealth18

Post by stealth18 »

+ Royal Navy Augusta Westland Merlin HM.2 (S)
+ French Army SA 342M Gazelle (S)

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

From a Poznan Fb Airshow post:

The Poznan Air Show program was built on the basis of three thematic blocks: Block 1 10:30 - 13:30, Block 2 14:30 - 16:000, Block 3 16:50 - 18:20

-100th anniversary of the Greater Poland Uprising
(Teams / Solists to display in this block...)
1.) Mateusz Strama - Yak-3 U R2000
2.) CAC13 Boomerang
3.) 3AT3 Formation Flying Team
4.) Yak Association NL - YAKOVLEV YAK-3 UPW
5.) Pterodactyl Flight

-NATO Tiger Meet
1.) Hungarian Air Force - Saab JAS-39C Gripen
2.) Czech Air Force - Mi-24V/Mi35
3.) French Navy - 2x Dassault Rafale M
4.) Spanish Air Force - Eurofighter Typhoon
5.) Polish Air Force - F-16 Tiger Demo Team (D)

-100th anniversary of Polish Aviation
1.) Czech Flying Legends - Mig-15
2.) Aerobatic Team "Żelazny"
3.) Arthur kielak - xa-41
4.) PZL TS-11 Iskra
5.) Stephen Stead - Supermarine Spitfire
6.) 57MY Team

Additional comment - Certainly 3 more fighter jets from NTM (There might be more) and maybe few things from the Polish Air Force

stealth18

Post by stealth18 »

+ Polish Air Force - Mig-29 (D)

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Here it is:

I think there's a mistake, Spanish Eurorighter will make dynamic display, not German. And where's Belgian F-16? :(

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Here it is:

I think there's a mistake, Spanish Eurorighter will make dynamic display, not German. And where's Belgian F-16? :(

and I thought it was French Navy Rafale pair and not the French Air Force?

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Rafale Solo Display Team is in France that week so it must be another mistake...

https://www.rafalesolodisplay.com/displ ... amme-2018/

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Pretty sure it's the French Navy Rafales as there are no French Air Force Rafales taking part in Tiger Meet.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Agg wrote:Pretty sure it's the French Navy Rafales as there are no French Air Force Rafales taking part in Tiger Meet.

Yep that's what I'm hoping.

stealth18

Post by stealth18 »

Spanish Typhoon will be displaying in Poznan as well as the French Navy Rafales. Still hopes to have the Belgian F-16 on the dynamic display.

stealth18

Post by stealth18 »

Line up so far...

-Czech Republic
Pterodactyl Flight (D)
Czech Flying legends MiG-15 (D)
Czech Air Force Jas-39C Gripen (D)
Czech Air Force - Mi-24V/Mi35 (D)

-France
CA-13 Boomerang (D)
French Navy - 2x Dassault Rafale M (D)
French Army SA 342M Gazelle (S)

-Great Britain
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI (D)
Royal Navy Augusta Westland Merlin HM.2 (S)

-Germany
NATO E-3A AWACS (S)
German Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon (S)
German Air Force Panavia Tornado (S)

-Hungary
Hungarian Air Force Jas 39C/D (D/S)

-Italy
Aeronautica Militare - Augusta Bell AB212ICO (S)

-Netherlands
Yak Association NL - Yakovlev Yak-3UPW (D)
Royal Netherlands Air Force - F-16 (S)

-Poland
Polish Air Force F-16C Block 52+ "Tiger Demo Team" (D)
Polish Air Force Mig-29 (D)
57 My Team (D)
SkyMagic (D)
Grupa Akrobacyjna "ŻELAZNY" (D)
3AT3 (D)
XA-41 Artur Kielak (D)
PZL TS-11 Iskra (D)
Yak-3U R2000 (D)
Carbon Cub (D)
Tercel RST (D)

-Spain
Spanish Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon (D)

-Switzerland
Swiss Air Force - F/A-18 Hornet (S)

-United States of America
2x US Army Black Hawk (S)

st24

Post by st24 »

stealth18 wrote:Line up so far...

-Czech Republic
Pterodactyl Flight (D)
Czech Flying legends MiG-15 (D)
Czech Air Force Jas-39C Gripen (D)
Czech Air Force - Mi-24V/Mi35 (D)

-France
CA-13 Boomerang (D)
French Navy - 2x Dassault Rafale M (D)
French Army SA 342M Gazelle (S)

-Great Britain
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI (D)
Royal Navy Augusta Westland Merlin HM.2 (S)

-Germany
NATO E-3A AWACS (S)
German Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon (S)
German Air Force Panavia Tornado (S)

-Hungary
Hungarian Air Force Jas 39C/D (D/S)

-Italy
Aeronautica Militare - Augusta Bell AB212ICO (S)

-Netherlands
Yak Association NL - Yakovlev Yak-3UPW (D)
Royal Netherlands Air Force - F-16 (S)

-Poland
Polish Air Force F-16C Block 52+ "Tiger Demo Team" (D)
Polish Air Force Mig-29 (D)
57 My Team (D)
SkyMagic (D)
Grupa Akrobacyjna "ŻELAZNY" (D)
3AT3 (D)
XA-41 Artur Kielak (D)
PZL TS-11 Iskra (D)
Yak-3U R2000 (D)
Carbon Cub (D)
Tercel RST (D)

-Spain
Spanish Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon (D)

-Switzerland
Swiss Air Force - F/A-18 Hornet (S)

-United States of America
2x US Army Black Hawk (S)

Just goes to show, you have an airshow around a Tiger Meet and you're guaranteed an epic line up...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

adam1314

Post by adam1314 »

Not sure if you guys read the comments on poznan air show facebook page. If you are traveling by car, there might be some issues regarding parking. Unless you paid for the vip ticket, you can't use the onsite parking and there is no option to upgrade your tiger meet and airshow spotter ticket to vip or buy a separate parking ticket. Be prepared to go there early and find alternative parking nearby. The organiser is the worst I've ever seen in my life. BTW, I am going with Ian Allan and I think the tour leader will sort out this.

details on are the link below
https://www.facebook.com/PoznanAirShow/ ... 9939264099

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

What fun this is turning out to be....

Seems there are three options for parking!

1. With a VIP ticket (~£16.50) you can park at the airfield, one only person in the vehicle needs this ticket, the rest can have the combined NTM/airshow ticket
  2. For some Zlotys, you can park at the racing circuit in the south western corner of the airfield (this might be a good idea for the flying display if that's what you're interested in!)
  3. For free you can park at the shopping centre "Auchan Swadzim" and there are free shuttle busses to the airfield
Of course, the combined Tiger Meet and airshow ticket has a "Friday, with prior registration" option which I believe means you need to ask at the M1 parking on the Friday morning in order to get access to the airshow later on the same day?!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

It appears we have to pay for parking elsewhere and get a bus in....

Car Park

Car park - The Poznań Air Show parking zone

We have prepared a special parking zone for all those who plan to come to the Poznań Air Show with their own car. Check where you can leave your vehicle.

Car park at the airport (entry from Łobżenicka Street) - a ticket for the car park along with the admission ticket for the event (at the price of PLN 80) can be purchased HERE. The number of tickets with car park entry is limited.

Tor Poznań (entry from Wyścigowa 3 Street, Przeźmierowo) - at the price of PLN 20. Along with the entry ticket, the visitors will need a ticket for the event purchased in the pre-sales or on the site along with a parking ticket.

Auchan Swadzim - free of charge. A special zone for Poznań Air Show guests will be designated at the area next to the Shopping Center. Look out for the familiar Poznań Air Show logo.

The VIP car park is located within the area of the Poznań Air Show. Entry from Łobżenicka street. In order to enter the car park visitors have to show the car park entry ticket received with the VIP invitation or the VIP ticket purchased in the pre-sale.

The visitors will also have access to the bicycle parking lot (price: PLN 5 / bike) at Lotnicza Street.

Bus lines

On a bus to Poznań Air Show

In cooperation with Public Transport Operator MPK (Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne) we have prepared dedicated bus lines for participants of the air shows. See where the buses will run from and choose an appropriate bus number.

All of the buses dedicated for Poznań Air Show will have their final stop at Tatrzańska street. The stop has been located 200 m from the entrance to premises of the event.

For travel on the buses apply the fees in accordance with the applicable rate of MPK fees.
All participants who will purchase the tickets for Poznań Air Show in an advance sale, will be able to travel on the below listed bus numbers free of charge.

SEE THE FIRST INFORMATION BELOW, DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!

The route to the show:

1. The tram leaves from Poznań City Center and runs in the direction of the event. At Ogrody terminal you have to get on a bus which will run until Tatrzańska stop.

POZNAŃ GŁÓWNY, BAŁTYK, SZYLINGA, POLNA SZPITAL on demand (N/Ż), GRODZISKA on demand (N/Ż), SZPITALNA on demand (N/Ż), OGRODY, BUŻAŃSKA on demand (N/Ż), PRZELOT on demand (N/Ż), PILOTÓW on demand (N/Ż), TATRZAŃSKA

2. The bus leaves from the premises of Poznań Race Track (Tor Poznań) and runs in the direction of the event.

TOR POZNAŃ (ul. Wyścigowa), LEŚNOWOLSKA, KOŁOBRZESKA, TATRZAŃSKA.

3. The bus leaves from the premises of CH Auchan shopping centre and runs in the direction of the event.

THE BUS DOES NOT STOP AT ANY STOPS APART FROM THE FIRST AND THE LAST ONE

Organisation wise this is the worst Tiger Meet or Airshow I have ever come across... which isn't good considering I'm writing the review and have already formed that opinion!

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

cg_341 wrote:What fun this is turning out to be....

Seems there are three options for parking!

1. With a VIP ticket (~£16.50) you can park at the airfield, one only person in the vehicle needs this ticket, the rest can have the combined NTM/airshow ticket
  2. For some Zlotys, you can park at the racing circuit in the south western corner of the airfield (this might be a good idea for the flying display if that's what you're interested in!)
  3. For free you can park at the shopping centre "Auchan Swadzim" and there are free shuttle busses to the airfield
Of course, the combined Tiger Meet and airshow ticket has a "Friday, with prior registration" option which I believe means you need to ask at the M1 parking on the Friday morning in order to get access to the airshow later on the same day?!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I think VIP (parking at the airfield) is PLN300 (£61) and ticket with parking at the airport is PLN80 (£16.50). Think I'll go for option 2 at the racing circuit and watch the flying display from there on the Saturday.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

boff180 wrote:
Organisation wise this is the worst Tiger Meet or Airshow I have ever come across... which isn't good considering I'm writing the review and have already formed that opinion!

Just as well you're writing it mate, I'd be liable to combust midway through the first sentence, the way things are going... :roll: :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

premislao

Post by premislao »

Guys, I admire you for trying to understand this poor airshow organisation. I'm polish citizen and I don't understand many things :) Maybe in 20 years everything will be well organised like in UK - I hope

Good luck and enjoy Poland;)
See you there
For more videos please visit my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPi81z ... Xav48zsvvA

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Email update for the show

there is less than a week left to the most extreme air event in Poland – Poznań Air Show! In relation to your purchase of tickets to the special spotter area at Poznań Ławica Airport, we are sending couple of organisational information. Please learn them and if something is not clear – please feel free to ask via e-mail.

SPOTTERS DAY (FRIDAY – arrivals)
1) Entrance to Poznań Ławica airport is possible in Friday within 14.30-18.30 – meeting point is in front of the main gate at 14.00. Entrance only under the control of guardian, moving only in restricted area
2) Please take your ID cards and spotter tickets
3) There are training flights and arrivals schedulded on Friday – starting on 14.00, depending on current operations at Poznań Ławica Airport. Details and schedule will be provided closer to the event.

DISPLAY DAYS (SAT-SUN)
1) Entrance to the event area according to opening hours of gates
2) Ticket will be replaced by a bracelet, which will allow you to enter the spotter zone
3) Access to spotter platform
4) Access to press office
5) Access to press materials
6) ID
7) Spotter pack.

People who will not enter the airfield on Friday, will get their spotter packs on display days.

I am now going to reply and ask:

Can we enter after 1430 on Friday - as it is not clear
Where is the "main gate" on Friday?
Where do we park on Saturday, can we park on the airfield

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Does anyone know what time the airfield opens on the Sat/Sunday. I've not spotted it anywhere.

premislao

Post by premislao »

Where do we park on Saturday, can we park on the airfield

On the Airfield parking for VIP Tickets and Airport Parking Tickets. Standard Admission is without a parking.

Here is official info for parking (please try chrome for translation)
http://www.poznanairshow.pl/pl/news/parkingi/

Kind Regards
Last edited by premislao on Tue 15 May 2018, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
For more videos please visit my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPi81z ... Xav48zsvvA

premislao

Post by premislao »

Nwalch wrote:Does anyone know what time the airfield opens on the Sat/Sunday. I've not spotted it anywhere.

Gates open from 9 to 19 on both days, but from 8:30 they will ve selling tickets on the day.

http://www.poznanairshow.pl/pl/dla_zwie ... zie_kiedy/

I was reading its recommended to get there early, as traffic will be jammed. Also, if you don't have VIP ticket or Parking Ticket (80OPLN) you need to travel from car park to the airfield.

Kind Regards

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

+ Austrian Air Force Saab 105 ÖE (D)

[fb-post]http://www.facebook.com/PoznanAirShow/photos/a.921113944589709.1073741828.918638194837284/1982140488487044/?type=3&theater[/fb-post]

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Excellent! Particularly if it's wearing that funky 'tiger eyes' scheme.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Current program:

http://www.poznanairshow.pl/midcom-serv ... rogram.pdf

Display of Hungarian Gripen has been cancelled, Rafale (solo?) - only on Saturday, Mig-29 - only on Sunday...