Poznań Air Show 2018

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Poznań Air Show 2018

Post by boff180 »

Had an email this morning.

On Sunday, spotterpack holders can get in before the public at 8 to shoot the static.

That’s great except the buses from the main car parks don’t start running until 8.30....

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Pay and display car park opposite the gate Andy, we were going to use it this evening until we were told we could just drive on in!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Thanks Chris.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Just got back in to the hotel so could grab the location for you: Tatrzańska 1
Tatrzańska 1, Poznań, Poland

https://goo.gl/maps/RRBBS8f5TXE2

BDL

Post by BDL »

Good to see a few posters in the fields of Poznan this weekend.

Feel sorry for anyone who was inside the show as they were, as we know, shooting into the light. The majority of the fast jet displays were quite some way from the crowd line. In fact most were above the rather naughty fields surrounding the airport.

It's a shame the fences were so close to the airframes on the static display inside the showground, they did relent and remove the fences for the Puma and the Gazelle, which they put back in place when I rocked up! The steward refused to do so for the Huey as he didn't have enough plastic tape left.

No food on sale when it opened, no one told many of the "spotters" that there would be a pack for them inside the show.

We complain about conditions in the UK, display lines etc. well we don't have it so bad. Though the CAA would have a heart attack if they saw how the crowds viewed the show outside. Similar area to Rhymes at Fairford, only some ingenious Poles dug a bloody great big hole and built a nice mound for them all to stand on.

Edit - The show, pretty darn good!
Last edited by BDL on Mon 21 May 2018, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Not forgetting the display was also over a major housing estate, the regs are clearly different over there! We all jumped out of skin when the Polish F-16 transitioned from the high alpha into a climb out at very low level on the Saturday... plugging in full reheat and releasing a bucket load of flares at the same time directly over our heads!

Even with factor 50 I’m ever so slightly cooked from the weather!

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

I was only able to attend on the Saturday, but I thought the show was quite alright. Spent the day in the "naughty field" with mr Nwalch - having done one of the Poznan shows from inside I decided never to do that again. My personal highlights were the Tornado and Fitter low passes in the morning, and the Polish F-16 - I had high hopes for the Navy Rafales, but to be honest I thought they were kind of lacklustre.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Great to meet you Agg and thanks for the tip on the naughty field. It turned what would have been a poor trip otherwise into a half decent one. I spent an hour inside on the Sunday and it was awful.

Yeah the Navy Rafales were disappointing as was most of the Tiger Meet segment really. My highlights being the Tiger Meet arrivals (even if I did miss the Fitter low pass!) and the F16/Mig 29 (and worth nearly missing my flight back for).

BDL wrote:No food on sale when it opened, no one told many of the "spotters" that there would be a pack for them inside the show.

So what did we miss in the pack and where were they hiding them? Just sums up the organisation and comms for the whole event really.

BDL

Post by BDL »

Nwalch wrote:Great to meet you Agg and thanks for the tip on the naughty field. It turned what would have been a poor trip otherwise into a half decent one. I spent an hour inside on the Sunday and it was awful.

Yeah the Navy Rafales were disappointing as was most of the Tiger Meet segment really. My highlights being the Tiger Meet arrivals (even if I did miss the Fitter low pass!) and the F16/Mig 29 (and worth nearly missing my flight back for).

BDL wrote:No food on sale when it opened, no one told many of the "spotters" that there would be a pack for them inside the show.

So what did we miss in the pack and where were they hiding them? Just sums up the organisation and comms for the whole event really.

Don't know as we came out at 10am after getting the static. They were handing them out at 11am. Agree that comms and organisation was pi**poor from start. Hopefully next years Tiger Meet will be handled by the Association.